Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

DocMcHulk

"a Monsters Inc. roller coaster has received the green light to be built by 2014 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, according to several websites. "

Well, there goes his credibility.

SeaCastle

According to Lee, the Monsters Inc. coaster is still on hold. Raven did say that aerial photographs were being taken of World Showcase to see what space was available for an unnamed country, but I don't think it's anything to get too excited about. :shrug:

Tybee

Wild speculation or not, Spain would be a good add (they're serving sangria at Via Napoli...obviously a test run :rolleyes:). But another western European country just highlights the huge portions of the globe completely unrepresented at WDW. The absence of African and south Asian countries is mitigated by their strong representation at Animal Kingdom. But what about South America and Oceania (Australia and New Zealand)? And obviously, with Epcot being built during the height of the Cold War, Russia was going to get the cold shoulder, but would be neat to see them now.

raven

Another country is being looked into but it isn't Spain. But I haven't seen any concrete evidence that either of these rumors are being set in motion.

kcnole

Sorry, but I just can't get excited about a new country unless it also comes with a ride. That's what the world showcase needs more than another country. I'd like to see something new, but I need more than just new buildings, restaurants, and a film to get excited.

the-reason14

Sorry, but I just can't get excited about a new country unless it also comes with a ride. That's what the world showcase needs more than another country. I'd like to see something new, but I need more than just new buildings, restaurants, and a film to get excited.

I agree 100% It would be nice, but bring in another boat ride or something.

Future Guy

"Several websites", huh? Is that more or less credible than the usual sources of "a bus driver" or "my cousin's husband's brother's best friend's dog's doctor's next-door neighbor who's a CM?"

Horizonsfan

I agree. WS doesn't need to be a land of 11 E-tickets (though some would like that), but each country should have at least a C-ticket ride. Honestly, I'm surprised that TDO hasn't added some character attractions to Germany, Italy, or the UK, god knows they have no qualms about it (Hi Three Caballeros!)

Testtrack321

I agree. WS doesn't need to be a land of 11 E-tickets (though some would like that), but each country should have at least a C-ticket ride. Honestly, I'm surprised that TDO hasn't added some character attractions to Germany, Italy, or the UK, god knows they have no qualms about it (Hi Three Caballeros!)

Not even rides. While they're preferred, movies and shows would also be great additions.

Tom

Beta Return
According to Lee, the Monsters Inc. coaster is still on hold. Raven did say that aerial photographs were being taken of World Showcase to see what space was available for an unnamed country, but I don't think it's anything to get too excited about. :shrug:

Sure it wasn't Scott Keating taking more of his amazing aerial photos of WDW?

Between their own master site plans, satellite imagery they have access to (including on the web) and sites like Bird's Eye, it seems odd that WDW would need to take aerial photos of WS to see what it looks like.

Regardless, the plat between Morocco and Spain would be a nice location. It appears to only be housing a few trailers and provides storage for a bunch of kiosks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sure it wasn't Scott Keating taking more of his amazing aerial photos of WDW?

Between their own master site plans, satellite imagery they have access to (including on the web) and sites like Bird's Eye, it seems odd that WDW would need to take aerial photos of WS to see what it looks like.

Regardless, the plat between Morocco and Spain would be a nice location. It appears to only be housing a few trailers and provides storage for a bunch of kiosks.

There was some sort of work going on there when I visited in May, but I was never able to find out what was going on....

hpyhnt 1000

Agree completely. Don't spend $100 million or so on a brand new pavilion; use that money to expand two or three exisiting countries with rides/shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom