News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

brb1006

Dude. I love him just as much as anyone, but the notion that Roger Rabbit is less dated and more Disney than the Muppets is ridiculous. If anything I would argue he is more dated, because he hasn’t been in anything new in years. You can hate the Muppets, and I’ll leave you alone, but I feel like your rationale for not liking the Muppets (they are dated and don’t make Disney money) should also apply to Roger Rabbit, who was, by the way, not originally a Disney character, but a character in a crime novel.
Roger Rabbit made a cameo appearance in the 2022 Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers Movie.
Roger.jpg

ParkPeeker

Hot take, I’m sorry y'all, I watched Muppet vision 3d once as a young teen at DCA and never felt the need to see it again, nor did I feel any type of way when it left. We all obviously have our biases, but according to some of y’all I guess this means I don’t understand true art.

P.S. even enjoyed the bugs life show better. Don’t come for me.

Sneaky

Hot take, I’m sorry y'all, I watched Muppet vision 3d once as a young teen at DCA and never felt the need to see it again, nor did I feel any type of way when it left. We all obviously have our biases, but according to some of y’all I guess this means I don’t understand true art.

It’s a different guest cultural thing here. Kinda like how cbj was huge in wdw but never truly caught on the way it did In DL

erasure fan1

That's it, now we're going to have words!!!!

Nah, I get it, the Muppets have a certain style. I love them, have since I was a kid. Not everything resonates with everyone. I get angry when things get taken away, wether I like the attraction or not, because there's really no need. Even if I hated the Muppets I would be angry if they close it for monsters inc. you have space and a park that's an embarrassment from a capacity standpoint. That's why people should care even if muppets aren't your thing.

GSP Guy

Just lurking along here and some comments have made me curious if perhaps Pete Docter/Pixar might ever consider a movie based on Figment? Interested to hear some of more knowledgeable fan's thoughts?

SCOTLORR

Corless being so confident about this going to Animation Courtyard is making me more confident that muppets is safe. The Monsters Inc Door Coaster was part of his D23 predictions (seemingly out of nowhere, no one else was really saying this was back on the table), so he clearly has some very solid sources regarding this project.

Sneaky

Corless being so confident about this going to Animation Courtyard is making me more confident that muppets is safe. The Monsters Inc Door Coaster was part of his D23 predictions (seemingly out of nowhere, no one else was really saying this was back on the table), so he clearly has some very solid sources regarding this project.
I mean usually I wouldn’t but usually when this kidna thing happens Tom is first in line to complain. If he really thought there was a slight chance you KNOW there would be a huge campaign already. Look at what he did for bears, on a rumor no less!

Magenta Panther

Dude. I love him just as much as anyone, but the notion that Roger Rabbit is less dated and more Disney than the Muppets is ridiculous. If anything I would argue he is more dated, because he hasn’t been in anything new in years. You can hate the Muppets, and I’ll leave you alone, but I feel like your rationale for not liking the Muppets (they are dated and don’t make Disney money) should also apply to Roger Rabbit, who was, by the way, not originally a Disney character, but a character in a crime novel.
Yeah, I read that novel - "Who Censored Roger Rabbit". The movie version improved on the book a lot, thank god. Anyway, Disney purchased the rights to the book with the goal of making a film of it - as it has with other books, like "Mary Poppins", "101 Dalmations", etc. As is often the case with Disney, Roger was changed so much from the character in the book that Disney practically DID create him. The rabbit in the book...well, no spoilers, but he was VERY different. As was Jessica.

Anyway, I was just wishful thinking. I know that there's little chance Roger will ever be featured in WDW beyond the billboard and broken window that's already there. He's a good character. His movie made a ton of money. It's kind of a shame the rabbit's been allowed to fade away.

Getting back to PhilharMagic - I thought the 3D effect was fixed when Coco was added to the film. Does it still look blurry?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom