News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

TimeDuck

I know it's looking increasingly more delusional (especially given the ROA news) to believe this is going in Animation Courtyard, but I have to hold out hope.

Fiscally I understand the office reasoning, but the animation courtyard is such an absolutely horrendous black hole in the center of that park it is beyond baffling that they wouldn't just fill that first before exploring outside of it. And The Muppets courtyard is just so small for what a Monstropolis should even deserve to begin with.

Sneaky

I know it's looking increasingly more delusional (especially given the ROA news) to believe this is going in Animation Courtyard, but I have to hold out hope.

Fiscally I understand the office reasoning, but the animation courtyard is such an absolutely horrendous black hole in the center of that park it is beyond baffling that they wouldn't just fill that first before exploring outside of it. And The Muppets courtyard is just so small for what a Monstropolis should even deserve to begin with.
I am not flinching. The muppets will live on. But lord mv3d needs to move STAT

Sneaky

Attachments

• IMG_3066.jpeg
    IMG_3066.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 324

Brer Panther

So they're getting rid of the Muppets after all? Dang it, why is there always a string attached?
Then can someone please explain to me what they are going to do with the ghost town that is Animation Courtyard. lol.
They probably consider Launch Bay sacred because anything Star Wars in the parks is sacred in their eyes.
I mean, you even consider the timing of when they’ve awarded Mark Henn & Joe Rohde aswell. I believe it’s to shut them up in regards to complaining about the latest/current state of the animation studio & imagineering aswell.
They did try to bribe Steve Whitmire into not revealing that they'd fired him by offering him a Disney Legends award, so that's a distinct possibility.
Courtyard is looking to be saved for one of these two IPs.
🦊 🍩
Zootopia in Hollywood Studios would be bad enough (especially when it's already going into Animal Kingdom), but the thought of the Simpsons in Disney World makes my skin crawl.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Bob Iger?
I'm honestly trying to think of examples of WDW moving an attraction around WDW. The only one I can think of was FotLK which is much more popular than Laugh Floor. Its a very common idea on this forum, but does it ever happen?
Magic Journeys moved from EPCOT to the Magic Kingdom.

doctornick

I'm honestly trying to think of examples of WDW moving an attraction around WDW. The only one I can think of was FotLK which is much more popular than Laugh Floor. Its a very common idea on this forum, but does it ever happen?

They moved the Frozen sing a long from the old (gone) Premiere theater to the current location.

For more concrete rides, they’ve moved Dumbo to the circus

TrainsOfDisney

Have not heard anything about this, have also not been told that I would need to find a new parking lot to use
Do you work at Disney jr. ?
Obviously they would still have parking available for DHS CM’s - years ago there would be days when working cm’s would be asked to park in the garage vs. the lot - you’d find out day of when you arrived. Not sure if it’s still like that or not.

castlecake2.0

Do you work at Disney jr. ?
Obviously they would still have parking available for DHS CM’s - years ago there would be days when working cm’s would be asked to park in the garage vs. the lot - you’d find out day of when you arrived. Not sure if it’s still like that or not.
I shan’t divulge where/what I do, but I would be impacted by either of these things and haven’t heard anything yet

DisneyDreamerxyz

Remember this

Yep! This little bit of streets of America was just torn down right behind muppets and for no real reason after years of being there after Galaxy Edge.

Also about Animation Courtyard, when they built Woodys Roundup BBQ the way they did, it seemed to me like they would never tear down the old animation building or the parking garage. I know the animation building has offices for various areas of the company and the cast member cafeteria is back there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom