News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCLcruiser

The strongest concept I've heard is "Muppets American History" to replace Hall of Presidents. That checks a lot of boxes:
  • It's an IP Disney owns
  • Half the country hates HOP at any given moment in time
  • HOP is the lowest-rated attraction in WDW for several guest demographics
  • The current HOP really has no "here's where we go from here" opportunities. They're not going to turn it into a musical. It's just not a subject that a lot of people care about enough to see.
Plus, the Muppets are viewed as largely apolitical by most Americans. They could tell the good parts and the bad parts (and avoid others entirely) in a way that most people would enjoy.
Muppets telling US history would be a better way to do it. Frankly, we don't really need this in a theme park, but I get the nostalgia, and the AA are very cool.

Inspired Figment

Considering how close Frank Oz was with Jim Henson when it was alive and vocal on Disney's treatment of The Muppet's post-Henson. He's going to raise hell of epic portions if Muppet Vision gets demolished for Monsters Inc Land!
View attachment 808641
I have a theory this might be one of the biggest reasons why Disney gave him the Legends award this year, if Muppet•Vision goes, so he wouldn’t be able to complain about the prospects of it in the near future. Pitiful if true.

Inspired Figment

I have a theory this might be one of the biggest reasons why Disney gave him the Legends award this year, if Muppet•Vision goes, so he wouldn’t be able to complain about the prospects of it in the near future. Pitiful if true.
I mean, you even consider the timing of when they’ve awarded Mark Henn & Joe Rohde aswell. I believe it’s to shut them up in regards to complaining about the latest/current state of the animation studio & imagineering aswell.

Tha Realest

The strongest concept I've heard is "Muppets American History" to replace Hall of Presidents. That checks a lot of boxes:
  • It's an IP Disney owns
  • Half the country hates HOP at any given moment in time
  • HOP is the lowest-rated attraction in WDW for several guest demographics
  • The current HOP really has no "here's where we go from here" opportunities. They're not going to turn it into a musical. It's just not a subject that a lot of people care about enough to see.
Plus, the Muppets are viewed as largely apolitical by most Americans. They could tell the good parts and the bad parts (and avoid others entirely) in a way that most people would enjoy.
Replace an attraction because people hate all the recent Boomer presidents with an IP only fondly loved by Boomers. Makes sense.

JD80

If they are putting this on that end of the park, I'm really curious to know what they are saving Animation Courtyard for.

I guess once Incredibles 3 hits $1.5B they'll make an Incredibles land over there.

Sneaky

Courtyard is earmarked for development in the future, but as it stands right now, for some ungodly reason despite all common sense and logic, they decided Muppets would be the place to put this.

Wasn't the $60bil supposed to INCREASE capacity?
idk. I hope the hall of presidents muppets replacement pulls through tho. I hope imagineering knows how beloved muppets are and how beloved MV3D was. I knew in my heart this was coming eventually.

JD80

Courtyard is earmarked for development in the future, but as it stands right now, for some ungodly reason despite all common sense and logic, they decided Muppets would be the place to put this.

Wasn't the $60bil supposed to INCREASE capacity?

Well the question is what is the actual average capacity usage of MV3D vs. a new rollercoaster?

I'm all ok with this if there is a plan for the park as a whole. But we know how Disney likes abandoning plans. Can't wait for the next CEO to cancel everything.

Ichabod Crane

If they are putting this on that end of the park, I'm really curious to know what they are saving Animation Courtyard for.

I guess once Incredibles 3 hits $1.5B they'll make an Incredibles land over there.
Ding ding ding
But what exactly would MV3D be? The coaster would have to be built in the cast parking lot.

Is there a second unannounced attraction for Monstropolis?

Extremely disappointing news regardless if this comes to pass.
There’s a Monsters Inc show in another park already that could be fairly easily be transported over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom