News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Oh Martin would do that lol
That’s how it feels sometimes (especially every time the figment redo rumors inevitably turn into “Oh, it got pushed back again, but in another four years it will 100% definitely no doubt about it cross my heart and hope to die cherry on top get refurbed, with dreamfinder too!” whenever they come up again). Ok, Maybe it feels a bit more vulgar than I expressed in that statement.
The line was also originally gonna be “and josh da’aamro will personally pee on Jim Henson’s grave”, but I thought it would be too much. That’s how it would feel though.

Ayla

Well they do need to do minimum checks to establish who is an EU citizen (or Schengen resident).
We went through passport control when we arrived and departed by air in Amsterdam, that was it. There was free movement between Switzerland, Germany, France and the Netherlands. It was just like driving state to state in the US.

nickys

Premium Member
We went through passport control when we arrived and departed by air in Amsterdam, that was it. There was free movement between Switzerland, Germany, France and the Netherlands. It was just like driving state to state in the US.
Right, but to enter one of the Schengen countries you need to go through border control.

Only Germany and Italy are next to each other in WS. 😉

Mr. Sullivan

It’s hard to have hype for attractions opening so long after the movies. Monsters inc. was 23 years ago!!!!

The only Pixar movies that seem timeless to me are Toy Story and Ratatouille. That’s a personal feeling only of course.
You should have seen Twitter explode when this was announced. Like it was getting talked about in places that never mention Disney. I had friends who don’t even follow the parks texting me asking when it opens. There is major hype.

Gen Z adores Monsters Inc. Always has. It along with Nemo and Incredibles is our Pixar. There’s a reason the MU merch is some of the best selling Disney ever put out.

There is a massive group of people who’ve been clamoring for this. Not only do most my age consider this one of Pixar’s three best films, for some of us its our favorite period point blank.

They’re doing this because MI’s popularity has massively, massively endured across it’s 2 decades of being in the world.

Moth

Monsters Inc is arguably peak Pixar. It's characters (especially Mike) have remained in the pop culture sphere since it's release, it didn't need 3 sequels and a spin-off like Toy Story, it just needed an amazing film, and a solid prequel to remain in the heads of many. It's THE Pixar film to a lot of Gen Z.

I for one, am happy Sulley and Mike are getting the treatment they deserve in WDW, this is overdue for how popular these films are with my generation.

Sneaky

Monsters Inc is arguably peak Pixar. It's characters (especially Mike) have remained in the pop culture sphere since it's release, it didn't need 3 sequels and a spin-off like Toy Story, it just needed an amazing film, and a solid prequel to remain in the heads of many. It's THE Pixar film to a lot of Gen Z.

I for one, am happy Sulley and Mike are getting the treatment they deserve in WDW, this is overdue for how popular these films are with my generation.
100% agreed. Same goes with cars too. Monsters inc and cars are two of the biggest films of my generation. Even nearly 10+ years after the last installment in the franchises, petiole still know Mike, sully, lightning and mater. Love em or hate em, these characters have stood the test of time, and are more than worthy of further expansion.

From personal experience as someone who had nearly every cars toy car, and repeated yelled “2319” as a kid, I am more than excited to finally see films from my youth get big time park rep in Florida. Bring on Pixar!

Sneaky

100% agreed. Same goes with cars too. Monsters inc and cars are two of the biggest films of my generation. Even nearly 10+ years after the last installment in the franchises, petiole still know Mike, sully, lightning and mater. Love em or hate em, these characters have stood the test of time, and are more than worthy of further expansion.

From personal experience as someone who had nearly every cars toy car, and repeated yelled “2319” as a kid, I am more than excited to finally see films from my youth get big time park rep in Florida. Bring on Pixar!
Also side note, it’s crazy how a ton of DHS’s IP are from my childhood. (Paul rudish Mickey, Monsters Inc, The Muppets, Toy Story). That’s the one downside of being in this fandom. Makes you hyper aware of your age and your aging, which sucks.

Sneaky

Something I noticed. Probably me being crazy, but hear my ramblings out for a second: on the parks blog it says “opening fall 2024”. Muppets controversy happens. Then later on, the villains show, a Live actor thing, out of nowhere, is announced. Though it was planned out before, I do wonder, why haven’t we seen a casting call for mermaid itself? And why haven’t we heard any info at all about a show apparently opening within a month or two since d23? So here’s my probably very wrong crack theory: this show got Main Street theatre’d/ play pavilion’d. I am prepared to get corrected in the next post.

Attachments

• IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 42

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Something I noticed. Probably me being crazy, but hear my ramblings out for a second: on the parks blog it says “opening fall 2024”. Muppets controversy happens. Then later on, the villains show, a Live actor thing, out of nowhere, is announced. Though it was planned out before, I do wonder, why haven’t we seen a casting call for mermaid itself? And why haven’t we heard any info at all about a show apparently opening within a month or two since d23? So here’s my probably very wrong crack theory: this show got Main Street theatre’d/ play pavilion’d. I am prepared to get corrected in the next post.
You're going crazy 😂 it always said that

Haymarket2008

Fully agree. One of the true PERFECT Pixar IP's. This isn't a quick turnaround from release to parks representation: this is a much deserved large scale treatment for a property that has truly proved itself.

gerarar

Premium Member
Though it was planned out before, I do wonder, why haven’t we seen a casting call for mermaid itself? And why haven’t we heard any info at all about a show apparently opening within a month or two since d23?
Casting calls literally went up in February with auditions held end of March to early April.

Plus, you can even find the actors accepted for the roles on IG and are actively rehearsing..

roj2323

Casting calls literally went up in February with auditions held end of March to early April.

Plus, you can even find the actors accepted for the roles on IG and are actively rehearsing..

Yet the end of Disney's Fiscal year is in just a few weeks. All bets are off until the new budgets are in place.

SplashJacket

If only they had some extra room with easy access to guest areas that would also keep the AC and Muppets intact.
View attachment 816106
Except I don’t want an intact Animation Courtyard, it’s a barren eyesore with very limited potential unless fully reconceptualized.

With AC going away, dinoland imminently gone, and even Monster’s Inc in DCA likely getting axed for Avatar, we may finally be past heinously ugly areas in world-class theme parks.
Yet the end of Disney's Fiscal year is in just a few weeks. All bets are off until the new budgets are in place.
No

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom