Monorail's

BrerWolf

we rode with the pilot twice in jan. and twice in may and on nethier one of those occasions did they give us a co-pilot license, and we have to kids!!

wdwH4X0R

the epcot trio is the funniest out of them all and i rode in the cockpit when one of the hurricanes were blowing in. it was an amazing site!

MonoRon

wdwH4X0R said:
the epcot trio is the funniest out of them all and i rode in the cockpit when one of the hurricanes were blowing in. it was an amazing site!

I love the monorails, I used to drive when I was in the WDWCP '03. It was really cool to watch the storms roll in.

Tinkrbell

My family & I sat in the cockpit 4 times qwhen we there over Easter this past year. 2 of the times the driver was really nice & would answer our questions, the other 2 times, the driver didn't say a word. We only got co-pilot licences thefirst time though which made my 13-year-old brother mad because he wanted to collect them.

MegaMinnie

we stayed at the gf and on our last visit we did this several times, and coincidentaly we got the same "pilot" all of the times, so by the end of the trip he was getting to know us, and every time you get a monorail pilot tickets, its real cool

MegaMinnie

response to monoron, love the signature, you can definitly recite it in spanish after the first couple rides in the monorail, thanks for the laugh

Langdonj

Thanks MrPodar

Thanks for the video. Only one thing would make it better. The "Por favor mantenganse..." line. Anyone up for creating videos of each Monorail ride from the front seat? :lookaroun

MrPodar

Langdonj said:
Thanks for the video. Only one thing would make it better. The "Por favor mantenganse..." line. Anyone up for creating videos of each Monorail ride from the front seat? :lookaroun

You're welcome! :)

I'll have to remember to catch the "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas." line the next time I'm on. :)

Here are some recent pictures I took in the front of one of the monorails:

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGallery/WDW-Surprise-LoRez/

- Skip :)

SimonLee5282

here is a cool website about monorails. http://monorails.org

Maybe when I retire from the military in twenty years, I will be a monorail pilot. Always wanted to be an Air Force Pilot, but I cant, so I will do the second best thing, Monorail Pilot.

tigger1968

Three of my favorite things to do on a monorail.....

1) Ask every CM you can when they will build more monorails and listen to their theories. Some will give very lengthy responses. Some are total baloney, too!

2) Ride up front on the Epcot loop. Nice long run with no stops. Always love that ride, especially making the turn thru the park itself.

3) Catch one of the trains going thru its afternoon safety stop. They basically deliberately ignore a speed warning to engage the brakes automatically. Cool to be on the train when they do it!

Man it's fun to be a monorail geek! :cool:

OliveMcFly

ArchiDanDisney - Monorail Pilots are odd...
HeHe...sometimes you get a real grump but they are usualy really nice and talkative. About 3 years ago my then boyfriend was talking to the monorail driver about hitting birds. He said they've hit a few...it's bound to happen.

Invero

STR8FAN2005 said:
We did it on our last trip and to tell you the truth, it was quite lackluster. Our pilot didn't say a single word to us.
The pilot is not there for interaction. They are there to drive the train.

Just like you wouldn't talk to a bus driver while he/she is driving, it's the same way with a Monorail Pilot.

wdwishes2005

Invero said:
The pilot is not there for interaction. They are there to drive the train.

Just like you wouldn't talk to a bus driver while he/she is driving, it's the same way with a Monorail Pilot.

ours eemed to talk alot, mostly about how they were expanding the monorail..:brick:

So, how come every time ive been able to ride in the front, Im aleways told very sternly that "we are not pilots, we are monorail drivers".??? And its always been kind of confusing, since they do wear pilots wings!!! So which is it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom