Monorail's

Invero

Originally posted by prberk
By the way, how do you spell (correctly, please) the Spanish translation that is used on the monorail for, "Please stand clear of the doors."

It sounds like, "Por favor, mentenganse alejado de las puertas," but I have never quite gotten clarity on the "mentenganse" part. Is that correct? (Maria and MKCustodial: where are you? Might need you on this one!)

I beleive that is correct.

BwanaBob

By the way, how do you spell (correctly, please) the Spanish translation that is used on the monorail for, "Please stand clear of the doors."

It sounds like, "Por favor, mentenganse alejado de las puertas," but I have never quite gotten clarity on the "mentenganse" part. Is that correct? (Maria and MKCustodial: where are you? Might need you on this one!)

YES!!
(not that I know the correct spelling...but the fact that someone else has wondered the same thing!)

That has got to be the biggest "joke" outside WDW for me.

Whenever someone does something totally ignorant deserving of an insult, thats the first thing I think of.

Cruella

We managed to get in the front twice yesterday due to a rainy day and low crowds. The kids loved it and it was neat passing through the Contempory like that. And yes, the pilots aren't extremely people persons but who cared at the time...:lol:

aurorajames

it is right except for the "mentenganse" part. It's actually "mantengan se"--two words...

MGMBoy

Originally posted by bondskier
monorails are a beautiful thing. they are quiet, electric, and pretty efficient.
one thing i figured out, when you are staying at the contemporary, and you are going back to your room when the magic kingdom closes, take the train that goes to the TTC (opposite from the train other people are all taking) then switch to the resort from there and its the first stop and the trains on the way are relatively empty/comfortable!

While the other comments Do have a point regarding this I must say that the resort line is, far and away, the faster, more comfortable way to get back to the TTC after MK dumps. Everyone just follows their herding instincts and gets on the express. You can have half the crowd and half the travel time if you catch the resort line through the Contemporary and back to the TTC. :D

MGMBoy

Originally posted by mkt
eh... I like playing around...

like when we held backstage pargo rallies in AK... those were fun...

really fun...

or when we'd do walking character sets in MGM, not taking pics or doing autographs... those were REAAAAAAALLY fun

My friends and I who worked late would grab the backstage bikes @ Studios and have races after gate close & all clear when the area gates were open. "First one from costuming to Coaster Courtyard wins." We'd go everywhere in that park. :)

Invero

Originally posted by MGMBoy
While the other comments Do have a point regarding this I must say that the resort line is, far and away, the faster, more comfortable way to get back to the TTC after MK dumps. Everyone just follows their herding instincts and gets on the express. You can have half the crowd and half the travel time if you catch the resort line through the Contemporary and back to the TTC. :D

Nope... not quite. It's NOT any less crowded, and it's NOT any quicker. As someone who worked in 'rails and drove those trains, I can assure you of that.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Invero
It's NOT any less crowded, and it's NOT any quicker.

I'm sorry, but saying that the resort monorail is just as crowded as the express is simply false. You very well know that during park closing, the Express is always packed. Resort is never as packed as express at closing time. It depends a lot on the time of day for everything. :)

aurorajames

Originally posted by Bill
during park closing, the Express is always packed. Resort is never as packed as express at closing time. It depends a lot on the time of day for everything. :)

I have to agree. The resort line is always better at the end of the day. I've always used it as a "short-cut" to get back to the TTC faster. :cool:

Woody13

Originally posted by aurorajames
I have to agree. The resort line is always better at the end of the day. I've always used it as a "short-cut" to get back to the TTC faster. :cool:

Ditto. That has been my experience too.

MGMBoy

And if you're bound for Downtown Disney or someplace after park close then it's easiest to walk to the Contemporary and catch their bus. :) Been my tried and true technique for years.

Invero

Originally posted by Bill
I'm sorry, but saying that the resort monorail is just as crowded as the express is simply false. You very well know that during park closing, the Express is always packed. Resort is never as packed as express at closing time. It depends a lot on the time of day for everything. :)

Just because it doesn't have a line, doesn't mean it isn't any less packed. Remember, trains come in with people already on it. Trains run less frequently, and hold longer. Plus, it makes an additional stop at the Contemporary, where all the dinner people are getting on.

As someone who was working those platforms year round, every day, day in, day out... I know what I'm talking about.

BwanaBob

Originally posted by Invero
Just because it doesn't have a line, doesn't mean it isn't any less packed. Remember, trains come in with people already on it. Trains run less frequently, and hold longer. Plus, it makes an additional stop at the Contemporary, where all the dinner people are getting on.

As someone who was working those platforms year round, every day, day in, day out... I know what I'm talking about.

I'll have to agree with you on this, Invero!

I've tried both many times and tried to time the difference.
I can honestly tell anyone, "holding" times at the end of the day on the resort rail are MUCH longer, therefore saving absolutely NO time, as compared to having to "wait" for 1-2 trains on the express line and heading straight into TTC.
(...and thats even having to hold for clearance around the Poly station!)

Remember everyone, theres at least one extra train on the express line at closing to help move things along!

When we took a ride in the front cab of a monorail, my mom took out her camera to take a picture of SSE and the pilot actually slowed down and almost stopped for the picture!! Although he never spoke.....I dont think we ever had one that spoke to us......:cry:

Originally posted by tj229er
When waiting in line to get on the monorail's ask any of the cm's if you can sit in the cockpit and the'll let you. It is one of the coolest things you can do.

I LOVE THE RIDE. EPCOT IS THE BESt :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
Monorails

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Monorail Pilots are odd...:lookaroun

On my last 2 trips to WDW, we rode up front in the monorails nearly every time we rode them (about 15 or 20 times!). Of all those times, we only had 2 pilots who were friendly, or had any personality.

Most were just hateful teenagers who were on the college program, or local high-school dropouts, or really old people that could barely run the thing, let alone chat. It was really disappointing.

Kopp8699

monorail up front is great...... i havent been in the front since i was little, and it was on the epcot loop.... its longer and better, but i always forget where the monorail goes on its way back, i mean i no the T&TC, but i never remember how it gets back..... like does it just turn around @ the end or what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom