Monorail's

All Star Nathan

My only consolation in being fired is that I know the internal investigation cost them thousands. I cant say any more than that but I got the short end of the stick for sure. It's only a happy company when you're on the outside.

CPStaceyQ

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Geeze...live a little...go your entire life by the book and see how enjoyable it is...the managers in both departments know...

Didn't say *I* don't live a little...just responding to your absolutely NOT understanding why not every single solitary monorail driver chose not to honk back at you....as if it was a personal slight...

OliveMcFly

We've been doing this since I was a little kid and I love taking new ppl in it. My ex was asking the driver if he had ever hit a bird. :confused: He actually did. :lol: When I was little they never gave us the co-pilot licenses. Now I have a nice collection of them. Thank goodness for the really nice drivers.

Originally posted by tj229er
When waiting in line to get on the monorail's ask any of the cm's if you can sit in the cockpit and the'll let you. It is one of the coolest things you can do.

Proper manners dictate you sit in the white bench they have there at the monorail gates. If there is no one there then they wont have a problem with you doing it.
And yeah....riding in the cockpit ROCKS!!!!!!!

MKT Avatar

MKT~~~~~~~~~~
this has nothing to do with the post, but your avatar, that has to be one of the funniest ones i have ever seen...LOL

:lol: :sohappy: :p

Invero

Re: Re: Monorail's

Originally posted by MagicalDreamer
Proper manners dictate you sit in the white bench they have there at the monorail gates. If there is no one there then they wont have a problem with you doing it.
And yeah....riding in the cockpit ROCKS!!!!!!!

Actually, the Concourse bench is now purple, with four monorail sillhouettes on it, to identify its purpose. We do hoewever request that one asks before sitting on the bench, to ensure that it really is available.

ltbeach

Hmmm, when MagicalDreamer and I were there in June they were still white. Also, they will let you ride for 2 stops and if somebody is waiting, then you have to get off. if nobody is waiting, then you can continue to ride. For Instance, If you get on at the Contemporary, you can ride to the TTC, and the Poly, but must get off at the Grand Flo if somebody is waiting, if not, you get to continue to MK

Big Lar, Disney Extraordinaire

Invero

Originally posted by ltbeach
Hmmm, whe we were there in June they were still white. Also, they will let you ride for 2 stops and if somebody is waiting, then you have to get off. if nobody is waiting, then you can continue to ride. For Instance, If you get on at the Contemporary, you can ride to the TTC, and the Poly, but must get off at the Grand Flo if somebody is waiting, if not, you get to continue to MK

Big Lar, Disney Extraordinaire

It depends on who's train you boarded. If you board the GF train, then exactly what you said would happen. If you board the CR train, then you can ride to the CR. Ask a monorail host/hostess for details on train ownership.

Monos

Originally posted by Invero
It depends on who's train you boarded. If you board the GF train, then exactly what you said would happen. If you board the CR train, then you can ride to the CR. Ask a monorail host/hostess for details on train ownership.

I think its really smart that they did paint them and make them stand out more, that way more people can enjoy the ride.
What ever happened to getting a poilot's license when you got to ride in the front tho? Did they do away with it or are some CM"s to lazy to give them out?:D

Invero

Re: Monos

Originally posted by MagicalDreamer
I think its really smart that they did paint them and make them stand out more, that way more people can enjoy the ride.
What ever happened to getting a poilot's license when you got to ride in the cockpit tho? Did they do away with it or are some CM"s to lazy to give them out?

They still have them. As for handing them out... most of the drivers will, but there are some that for whatever reason, don't. I would only hand them out to special guests...

Re: Re: Monos

They still have them. As for handing them out... most of the drivers will, but there are some that for whatever reason, don't. I would only hand them out to special guests...
Oh my goodness...special guests? EVERYONE that goes to the parks is speical...everyone that gets to ride in there should get one. Call me a mono-geek, but its part of the memories you make
:p :p :p

BwanaBob

On my trip last week, it was almost too obvious (like someone was reading the posts here!!!) I bounced around alot, so we had the opp to ride up front 3 times. The pilots MADE SURE we were all given co-pilot licenses!
..my little girls even became smug after the 1st time..."Yeah, we got those already!" --I'm working on their manners! They even thought it cute to do the miss-America wave as we pulled into the station to all the people waiting.

(I just put my head down. :rolleyes: )

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Monorail Pilots are odd...:lookaroun

your kind of right there... they are a bit too quiet...:lookaroun I guess its from the annoying repeating voice in the monorail. "please stand clear of the doors." :hammer:

Invero

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
your kind of right there... they are a bit too quiet...:lookaroun I guess its from the annoying repeating voice in the monorail. "please stand clear of the doors." :hammer:

When you hear it on average of 500+ times per day, you tend to hear it in your sleep, etc... lol

jgates

When we asked the last time, the driver apologized and indicated she had run out and hadn't gotten more yet. It was the last day of our vacation, so I bought a couple on an auction later on for a few bucks so I would have them to put in our photo album.

bondskier

monorails are a beautiful thing. they are quiet, electric, and pretty efficient.
one thing i figured out, when you are staying at the contemporary, and you are going back to your room when the magic kingdom closes, take the train that goes to the TTC (opposite from the train other people are all taking) then switch to the resort from there and its the first stop and the trains on the way are relatively empty/comfortable!

Invero

Originally posted by bondskier
monorails are a beautiful thing. they are quiet, electric, and pretty efficient.
one thing i figured out, when you are staying at the contemporary, and you are going back to your room when the magic kingdom closes, take the train that goes to the TTC (opposite from the train other people are all taking) then switch to the resort from there and its the first stop and the trains on the way are relatively empty/comfortable!

Not quite... the Resort Monorail goes TTC -> Poly -> GF -> MK -> CR... so, basically, you'd go all the way to the TTC, only to go back to the MK the long way.

BwanaBob

Not quite... the Resort Monorail goes TTC -> Poly -> GF -> MK -> CR... so, basically, you'd go all the way to the TTC, only to go back to the MK the long way.

DITTO!

Resort trains go clockwise. Express trains run counter-clockwise.

prberk

By the way, how do you spell (correctly, please) the Spanish translation that is used on the monorail for, "Please stand clear of the doors."

It sounds like, "Por favor, mentenganse alejado de las puertas," but I have never quite gotten clarity on the "mentenganse" part. Is that correct? (Maria and MKCustodial: where are you? Might need you on this one!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom