Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Haven't seen this posted yet but apparently the monorail work was needed after after regular park close and during evening EMH this past week, but running just fine and not needed during MNSSHP. In other words, apparently when you're paying $300-400+ a night for a monorail resort room you aren't entitled (paying enough) to have monorail service for EMH. However, If you're paying the extra cash for a party ticket, apparently maintenance can wait.

omg do you think before you type? or read before you type? It has been CLEARLY stated that express runs until 1 hr after park close and resorts run until 1030.

Do you(and everyone else here who is ) understand WHY they are running resort until 10:30. Well I'm not going to tell you, I'm going to give you clues and maybe you people can FIGURE IT OUT

What happens every night at the beginning of EMH(at the latest?)?
What happens at 930 on party nights?

Figure it out and you'll have your answer as to why they are running seemingly later on party nights. It has nothing to do with a slap in the face to monorail resort guests. You're not the center of the universe and not every decision revolves around YOU.

Shame on you, and all of you, for constantly bashing Disney for putting safety over efficiency! That's all it is PERIOD. It's not a bean counter decision. It's the focus on efficiency to increase guest satisfaction in the late 90s(because people just CANT wait an extra 10 minutes for a track switch) that lead to the policies being put in place the caused a monorail pilot to be killed. So STFU and get over yourselves.

Tom

Beta Return
omg do you think before you type? or read before you type? It has been CLEARLY stated that express runs until 1 hr after park close and resorts run until 1030.

Do you(and everyone else here who is ) understand WHY they are running resort until 10:30. Well I'm not going to tell you, I'm going to give you clues and maybe you people can FIGURE IT OUT

Figure it out and you'll have your answer as to why they are running seemingly later on party nights. It has nothing to do with a slap in the face to monorail resort guests. You're not the center of the universe and not every decision revolves around YOU.

Shame on you, and all of you, for constantly bashing Disney for putting safety over efficiency! That's all it is PERIOD. It's not a bean counter decision. It's the focus on efficiency to increase guest satisfaction in the late 90s(because people just CANT wait an extra 10 minutes for a track switch) that lead to the policies being put in place the caused a monorail pilot to be killed. So STFU and get over yourselves.

Someone needs a nap.

peachykeen

The hours were chosen based on when the flow of Guests exiting the park has slowed. Its not choosing which Guests are more deserving of Monorail service as seems to be implied. If anything, the MNSSHP monorail hours benefit Resort Guests by keeping the Monorails running later than they would on a regular 9pm close.

Disney is trying to strike a fine balance of trying to get as many Guests out at the end of the night but still shutting down early enough to get work done, but it seems no matter what they do, someone will be displeased.

If Disney were to have stuck to the "rule" that everything shuts down 1hr after closing, meaning 8pm shutdown on party nights, Resort guests would be SOL on getting back from Epcot or around to dining and would be even more up in arms. But now that they made an exception to get people out of the Parks after a fireworks show, people are saying Disney cares more about party Guests than Monorail resort guests. Either way, they can't win.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

STFU???? I think not

COProgressFan

Wow...angry much?

And I have no idea what you are trying to say here...:shrug:

COProgressFan

If Disney were to have stuck to the "rule" that everything shuts down 1hr after closing, meaning 8pm shutdown on party nights, Resort guests would be SOL on getting back from Epcot or around to dining and would be even more up in arms. But now that they made an exception to get people out of the Parks after a fireworks show, people are saying Disney cares more about party Guests than Monorail resort guests. Either way, they can't win.

You're right, at this point they can't win. But they can't win because they have deferred monorail maintenance and upgrades that should have been happening over time. Now they are at a point where they have to do the maintenance and inconvenience guests way more than if they had just done things right in the first place.

worldfanatic

Disney is trying to strike a fine balance of trying to get as many Guests out at the end of the night but still shutting down early enough to get work done, but it seems no matter what they do, someone will be displeased.

So true.

Disney does make mistakes, and will continue to do so in the future.
That's the reality of running a business.

But even if everything were completely ideal with the Monorails, even if they ran perfectly on time 24 hours a day, 365 days a year......................people would find something to complain about.
Whether it be the color scheme? comfort of the seats? speed of the door opening? It doesn't matter. People would find something to complain about.

It's the nature of these boards.

COProgressFan

So true.

Disney does make mistakes, and will continue to do so in the future.
That's the reality of running a business.

But even if everything were completely ideal with the Monorails, even if they ran perfectly on time 24 hours a day, 365 days a year......................people would find something to complain about.
Whether it be the color scheme? comfort of the seats? speed of the door opening? It doesn't matter. People would find something to complain about.

It's the nature of these boards.

It's the nature of fan forums in general (Disney or otherwise). In the case of Disney fans, it is a reaction by those who have loved WDW for so many years see drastic changes the way things are managed which often results in higher prices and lesser quality.

And still keeping on topic -- seriously, does anyone think that the current monorail fleet is in tip-top shape? Have you been in a monorail recently?!

goofntink

It's the nature of fan forums in general (Disney or otherwise). In the case of Disney fans, it is a reaction by those who have loved WDW for so many years see drastic changes the way things are managed which often results in higher prices and lesser quality.

And still keeping on topic -- seriously, does anyone think that the current monorail fleet is in tip-top shape? Have you been in a monorail recently?!

Woowwww your right, they are in such bad shape for being 20+ years old aren't they?! Like to see how good you would keep say your car for 20+ years. For 20+ years old they are in great shape. And before you keep shooting your mouth off,why don't you wait and see what Monorail Peach looks like when it goes back up.

baanman

Well, I guess it's time for me to get some hate mail............

I dread taking the ferry back from MK in the evenings. The crowd is already tired from a busy day. Then we are herded on like cattle. The boat is overcrowded and so many people are rude in voice and actions, i.e. pushing, shoving and making comments about others. They need another form of transportation to the parking lot if they are going to cut the monorail service.

peachykeen

You're right, at this point they can't win. But they can't win because they have deferred monorail maintenance and upgrades that should have been happening over time. Now they are at a point where they have to do the maintenance and inconvenience guests way more than if they had just done things right in the first place.

I agree completely, but unfortunately there is no way you, I, nor anyone else can go back and change those decisions. So for now they have to make due with trying to fix the consequences of that deferred maintenance, and they are trying to do it in a way that inconveniences guests the least. Unfortunately, some will be, no matter what. But I don't think that saying Disney "cares" more about party Guests than Monorail Resort guests is valid (not saying you said that, mind you. It was implied in other posts.)

Disney realizes that to close down the Monorails before a fireworks show would be a disaster. Think how many Guests are leaving 1 hour into EMH, versus are leaving immediately following Wishes, or Hallowishes. Watercraft needs Monorails help, and vice versa. Once the big crowds are gone after the MNSSHP fireworks, rails shuts down and work on the beams begins.

COProgressFan

I agree completely, but unfortunately there is no way you, I, nor anyone else can go back and change those decisions. So for now they have to make due with trying to fix the consequences of that deferred maintenance, and they are trying to do it in a way that inconveniences guests the least. Unfortunately, some will be, no matter what. But I don't think that saying Disney "cares" more about party Guests than Monorail Resort guests is valid (not saying you said that, mind you. It was implied in other posts.)

Disney realizes that to close down the Monorails before a fireworks show would be a disaster. Think how many Guests are leaving 1 hour into EMH, versus are leaving immediately following Wishes, or Hallowishes. Watercraft needs Monorails help, and vice versa. Once the big crowds are gone after the MNSSHP fireworks, rails shuts down and work on the beams begins.

Agreed. At this point the situation is what it is. Work needs to be done, and there is simply not enough time to accomplish it with EMH's, etc.

The problem still lies in the poor communication to guests, as well as the potential lack of options for resort guests who are dining at the monorail resorts, coming back from late dinner at Epcot, etc. It will be interesting to see when the MK has more early closes this winter. When a trip via monorail might have taken 10 or 15 minutes, and guests now must plan for an hour or more (with transfers) that is just poor service for guests who are paying some of the highest resort rates on property.

draybook

Agreed. At this point the situation is what it is. Work needs to be done, and there is simply not enough time to accomplish it with EMH's, etc.

The problem still lies in the poor communication to guests, as well as the potential lack of options for resort guests who are dining at the monorail resorts, coming back from late dinner at Epcot, etc. It will be interesting to see when the MK has more early closes this winter. When a trip via monorail might have taken 10 or 15 minutes, and guests now must plan for an hour or more (with transfers) that is just poor service for guests who are paying some of the highest resort rates on property.

An hour or more? Maybe during peak times. We did the MNSSHP on the 13th and it took 30 minutes to go from Main Street to our car. That included having to wait on 2 ferries to get across.

Scuttle

Thats my biggest problem. I haven't been following this lately, but I'm staying at the GF in December and I would love to get an update. How late does the resort monorail run every night? Is there a minimum time that the resort monorail runs to? I thought I read like 20 pages back that it runs until 1030. I would think the resort and epcot beams run until 10pm.

Pioneer Hall

Thats my biggest problem. I haven't been following this lately, but I'm staying at the GF in December and I would love to get an update. Is the resort monorail staying open until 10 or later since epcot closes at 9? It would have to right?

Besides the party nights, ALL MONORAIL SERVICE stops 1 hour after that respective parks closing. So if MK and Epcot both close at 9 then all the monorails stop running at 10 regardless of EMH. Even with alternatives bus transportation is provided to the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. The same is the case for Epcot when the monorail isn't available.

Scuttle

Besides the party nights, ALL MONORAIL SERVICE stops 1 hour after that respective parks closing. So if MK and Epcot both close at 9 then all the monorails stop running at 10 regardless of EMH. Even with alternatives bus transportation is provided to the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. The same is the case for Epcot when the monorail isn't available.

So if the MK closes at 8 and we stay at epcot for illuminations and leave at 915-930 will the resort monorail be running or will we have to get on a bus/water taxi at TTC to get to the GF? This is all so confusing lol, but whatever as long as they get the monorail system fixed I'm fine with it for now.

Jakester

Think about this,
On Party Nights, Magic Kingdom Closes to Non-Party Goers at 7pm, and Party Goers stay until Midnight.
The 1st Party Parade (Implies for both Halloween and Christmas), is at 8:15pm, The most crowded.
Then you have the 9:30pm Party Fireworks, By this time Express is shutdown, and then most people will more likely exit the park at mass loads. So what adds a lil transportation capacity with express down ?? Running the resort Monorail. It runs long enough for the fireworks crowd basically.
On EMH Nights, MOST of them start an hour or so after fireworks have ended, so there isnt a fireworks mass exit crowd, On some nights, EMH Begins at fireworks, so running an hour after fireworks allows a little extra capacity (counting only resort), then after 1hour after closing, there isnt a huge demand. Unlike the halloween party where the park is pretty packed before fireworks.
Does anybody get my point here ?? Thought about this earlier.

**Still hope they have regular hours for the busy christmas season comming up. When there are insanely amounts of people there

also, i think when MK closes earlier than epcot, they will run the resort 1hour after epcot closing since they are running the monorail until 10pm (and shockingly, 11pm a few nights with the 10pm close)

peachykeen

Think about this,
On Party Nights, Magic Kingdom Closes to Non-Party Goers at 7pm, and Party Goers stay until Midnight.
The 1st Party Parade (Implies for both Halloween and Christmas), is at 8:15pm, The most crowded.
Then you have the 9:30pm Party Fireworks, By this time Express is shutdown, and then most people will more likely exit the park at mass loads. So what adds a lil transportation capacity with express down ?? Running the resort Monorail. It runs long enough for the fireworks crowd basically.
On EMH Nights, MOST of them start an hour or so after fireworks have ended, so there isnt a fireworks mass exit crowd, On some nights, EMH Begins at fireworks, so running an hour after fireworks allows a little extra capacity (counting only resort), then after 1hour after closing, there isnt a huge demand. Unlike the halloween party where the park is pretty packed before fireworks.
Does anybody get my point here ?? Thought about this earlier.

**Still hope they have regular hours for the busy christmas season comming up. When there are insanely amounts of people there

also, i think when MK closes earlier than epcot, they will run the resort 1hour after epcot closing since they are running the monorail until 10pm (and shockingly, 11pm a few nights with the 10pm close)

Yeah that is what I was trying to get at in my last couple posts. The Transportation management knew there was no way they could shut down on the party nights (or any night for that matter, EMH or not) BEFORE the fireworks went off. Ferryboats move a lot of people, but having the Monorail to at least help a bit is always needed for that rush.

donaldfan

So what's been going on with party nights? Have a 9PM ADR at CA Grille, staying at the Poly in a few weeks. Was hoping to take the monorail TO dinner and then take a couple of nice relaxing boat rides back . . . thinking the launch to WL/FW, and then switch to MK launch, then the Poly/Grand launch back "home". Since I'm not in a hurry think it will be nice to just ride around on the water . . .

havoc315

So some 8 pm closing nights are coming up soon... Does that mean the resort monorail will be closing down at 9 pm? Stranding guests who are returning on the Epcot monorail, and stranding monorail resort diners? Or will the resort monorail keep running till 10 pm? Any word from anywhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom