Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

KevinYee

aardvark.png

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/affect-versus-effect.aspx

Sorry pet peeve :wave:

Yes, but what if you were trying to effect change?

For that, you need to target the affective (emotional) filter.

As you might imagine, effectively effecting the required affect is hard. Unless you're Ben Affect. Er, Affleck.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, but what if you were trying to effect change?

For that, you need to target the affective (emotional) filter.

As you might imagine, effectively effecting the required affect is hard. Unless you're Ben Affect. Er, Affleck.

True, but as an author you know the importance of the correct word in order to convey your message.

We aren't Smurfs who just substitute the word "smurf" for everything....

"Smurfittedy smurf smurf you smurfid smurf."

BTW - surprise hit of the summer The Smurfs

EvilQueen-T

thanks to both of you i look forward to seeing what people have to say...i have a selfish curiosity...i'm staying at the poly from aug 14th for 4 days and always do emh.

Tom

Beta Return
thanks to both of you i look forward to seeing what people have to say...i have a selfish curiosity...i'm staying at the poly from aug 14th for 4 days and always do emh.

I share the same selfish curiosity. We'll be staying at the Poly (for our first time) Aug 27-31, and will be going to MK EMH on the 28th. This news was quite disappointing.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I was at Epcot Last night, got to monorail after 1030 after finishing a meal at chefs de france. They were still running the monorails on regular intervals. They had more cast members directing guests away from the monorail than they would need to actually load the monorails. Monorail manager I spoke to says they've been getting tons of guest complaints.

I love and respect both Disney and Universal, but I have to be honest here:

Why should I go through all this transportation hell at Disney when I can just take a short walk from Royal Pacific to IOA and USF? :shrug:

Tom

Beta Return

Why should I go through all this transportation hell at Disney when I can just take a short walk from Royal Pacific to IOA and USF? :shrug:

Because, regardless of all the apparent fallacies of WDW, it's still a vastly superior vacation destination than UO. :)

the-reason14

I don't think anyone can really answer this question for you. If you feel like Disney standards are slipping then maybe you should do that. Just like all the other people here complaining about this change(which I agree is messed up) but if you honestly want to send Disney a message, then you'll either A) voice your complaints where it can actually get through like Guest relations and stay at a monorail resort this time since the money's already been spent, or B)Vacation elsewhere or stop going until the quality that so many complain of slipping is back.

fosse76

I don't think anyone can really answer this question for you. If you feel like Disney standards are slipping then maybe you should do that. Just like all the other people here complaining about this change(which I agree is messed up) but if you honestly want to send Disney a message, then you'll either A) voice your complaints where it can actually get through like Guest relations and stay at a monorail resort this time since the money's already been spent, or B)Vacation elsewhere or stop going until the quality that so many complain of slipping is back.

To be perfectly honest, I myself have found that I would rather spend time at Universal than at Disney. Disney just doesn't seem to care.

puntagordabob

I was at Epcot Last night, got to monorail after 1030 after finishing a meal at chefs de france. They were still running the monorails on regular intervals. They had more cast members directing guests away from the monorail than they would need to actually load the monorails. Monorail manager I spoke to says they've been getting tons of guest complaints.

Good...glad to see the general Guests are not amused with this change either.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I do not think this change will last long. The hotels on the monorail all have the big spenders staying at them and they will be heard. Who every approved this one has a hole in thier head.

carly200

To be perfectly honest, I myself have found that I would rather spend time at Universal than at Disney. Disney just doesn't seem to care.

Last time I went to Bush Gardens, I was also surprised how much they adopted of the "Disney Magic" and how much they where holding on to it.... sometimes felt like they where outperforming the original....

...somehow that was a sad experience as well... :-(

drp4video

Since I prefer to drive from my resort, POFQ, to the TTC to get to MK, I assume since I stay for EMH, I will be able to take the boat back to the TTC? Or do I have to take a bus back to the TTC to get to my car?

EvilQueen-T

i would think you'd be able to take the boat since they can't assume every person inside the park for emh is without a car and uses only disney transportation. i guess we'll know more on friday.

menamechris

Seriously? If its that big of a deal, why not just rent a car?

the-reason14

Last time I went to Bush Gardens, I was also surprised how much they adopted of the "Disney Magic" and how much they where holding on to it.... sometimes felt like they where outperforming the original....

...somehow that was a sad experience as well... :-(

When was the last time you were at BG? I was there in 2009 and I was taken aback about how 'low' it was and reminded me of a six flags with a few animal exhibits sprinkled in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom