Monorail to be wrapped once again

lazyboy97o

:confused:
I'm talking about the fans , not staff.
I know you're talking about the fans. And unless they are ignorant of the internal workings, which the hardcore fans likely are not, there has yet to be a reason to love Disney except that they have not interfered too much with Marvel.

WDWmazprty

I know you're talking about the fans. And unless they are ignorant of the internal works, which the hardcore fans likely are not, there has to be a reason to love Disney except that they have not interfered too much with Marvel.

Right, a lot are ignorant of the internal works.What I'm saying is that a lot will start to come to Disney's side simply because they are involved with Marvel now. Doesn't matter how or how much they're involved.

nace888

I just thought of something recently..

Everyone was getting upset because they are using Monorail Red for the wrap... But my theory is they used Red because it's "the best train out on the beams"...

What do you guys think?

StageFrenzy

Everyone was getting upset because they are using Monorail Red for the wrap... But my theory is they used Red because it's "the best train out on the beams"...

What do you guys think?

I don't think that is the case, I think red is actually one of the more finicky trains. I remember reading that each monorail has their own quirks and longtime drivers have their favorites.

Uncle Lupe

What about the tie in they are using in Disneyland. They transformed the cabs to look like they are from the Cars movies and reworked the narration. Just wonder how long after Carsland opening they will remain that way?

aladdin2007

What about the tie in they are using in Disneyland. They transformed the cabs to look like they are from the Cars movies and reworked the narration. Just wonder how long after Carsland opening they will remain that way?

Would be cool if they wrapped ours to tie in the new Fantasyland, kids and families both would love it and would be more classic Disney.

c-one

Here's a photo of one of the new Disneyland Cars Land overlays. Kinda tacky, IMO, but I guess it's better than the Avengeorail.

mon116785SMALL.jpg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

What do you guys think?

I had thought the reason why they used coral for the tronorail was because it's paint was in the worst shape. This way with the wrap they could get some extra time before a new paint job. I would think the same would hold true for red.

loveofamouse

I would love to see color brought to the trains but it doesn't have to be like a bright solid read. Some pretty swirls themed to some of the classic movies. Like a light blue train with silver and darker shades of blue to represent Cinderella. A train of primary colors to rep Toy Story. etc.

nace888

I had thought the reason why they used coral for the tronorail was because it's paint was in the worst shape. This way with the wrap they could get some extra time before a new paint job. I would think the same would hold true for red.

I heard Red got its repaint before the wrap.

RunnerEd

I'm not going to lie, Avengers was great! I'm glad they redid the monorail. I honestly wouldn't mind all the monorails being wrapped.

Prepare to be flamed! I agree with you and wish they would get rid of the boring white with a stripe of color and wrap them all! (I'll go ahead and flame myself again)

:fork: :fork: :fork:

WDWBryan

I guess the Avengerail is sticking around for a little while. It now advertizes the Blu-ray & DVD release coming September 25

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
CMs dislike the wraps because it interferes with ability to see in the cars for wheelchairs when the train pulls into the station. It also causes a large amount of "we wanna ride the avenge-o-rail" as well as finicky picture taking guests(meaning they want the picture with little Susie in front of it and the doors must be closed to get the perfect picture) This bothers monorail CMs who have a cycle time to commit to.

Given the number of people recently who have held up my ferryboats, I can understand their disdain. On the other hand, I see the guest side of things in that they do make great pictures(the boats and monorails both) but to all those reading, try not to be so OCD about the picture. Snap a pic and be happy with what you get!

bubbles1812

Well, the thing is if they weren't Disney fans before, a lot of them will become Disney fans. I heard a lot of people say while I was at the theater this weekend "Well, Disney is involved with Marvel now so you know it has to be good if Disney has a hand in it." And this ws at the midnight show where mostly everyone there are big time Marvel fans.

So, the demographic I think will actually change slowly because of the acquisition and just make Disney do that much better. :D

Not sure I can buy this. Sure, maybe some will become Disney fans but I don't know if a lot will. Marvel and the traditional Disney films are horses of two way different colors...actually I'd say one is a horse and one is a zebra, two different species, haha. But anyways, I just don't see how many people make the jump from "Man, that Avengers film was awesome. And Disney is so great...makes me want to check out Beauty and the Beast!" Somehow, I just don't see many people making that leap.

I think it will help Disney monetarily, certainly but I don't know if it would ever be a substantial contributor to bringing people to see other Disney films or going to the parks. Many many people still don't even know that Marvel is owned by Disney. And as someone already said, it's the same Marvel staff making the movies...it's just that instead of Paramount, Disney is now providing the budget. I don't think the Marvel movies made people bigger fans of Paramount as far as I saw so I doubt it will do that much for Disney. And you forget, Paramount is still going to get billing for the next at least few superhero movies as part of the acquisition deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom