Monorail to be wrapped once again

Jimmy Thick

No, you see a billboard of them in WDW, restricted to running outside of a theme park.

I see them running through the Magic Kingdom monorail, and to say they are not in the theme park is ridiculous.

Jimmy Thick-Face it, Disney will push and push and push...

celluloid

I see them running through the Magic Kingdom monorail, and to say they are not in the theme park is ridiculous.

Jimmy Thick-Face it, Disney will push and push and push...

Beginning to wonder if you have ever actually been to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, because the monorail certainly does not run through the Magic kingdom.

As far as Disney pushing...more like shoving the advertising down throats with no new attractions in return.

Captain Chaos

Beginning to wonder if you have ever actually been to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, because the monorail certainly does not run through the Magic kingdom.

As far as Disney pushing...more like shoving the advertising down throats with no new attractions in return.

Thank you celluloid!!!

Yes the monorail does NOT go through MK... Which is why this wrap is on the MK line and NOT the Epcot line...

And again, it comes down to is it worth it for Universal to spend money to fight something they will benefit from (advertising characters they own the theme park rights to LOL)... This wrap is not going to cause damage to Universal (may help them actually)... And by time the case is heard in front of an arbitrator, the wrap/advertising push will be over anyway...

Jimmy Thick

it is a billboard... not an attraction, not a walk around character.. and NOT in a theme park... Why is it so hard for some people to comprehend???

Its easy to comprehend a lot of people made up these false accusations about Disney not being able to put Marvel properties in their parks, yet sure enough we are starting to see them.

Contract or not, to think there won't be more of a presence of Marvel character in the parks is silly.

Call it what you will, but Disney proves the doom and gloomers wrong, yet again.

Jimmy Thick-* Grining ear to ear*

celluloid

Its easy to comprehend a lot of people made up these false accusations about Disney not being able to put Marvel properties in their parks, yet sure enough we are starting to see them.

Contract or not, to think there won't be more of a presence of Marvel character in the parks is silly.

Call it what you will, but Disney proves the doom and gloomers wrong, yet again.

They can't use the Marvel characters in their parks it is a fact many know. Quit antagonizing. The tone you take is both condescending in posts and in the uncalled for 'sign offs' after your username. You will be reported.

Captain Chaos

Has nothing to do with doom and gloom... it has everything to do with legality and legally binding contracts, which are, you know, legally binding... So until you learn about contracts and contract law, then I suggest you stop commenting... Since it is obvious you are clueless...

Until the contract is broken (either by Universal or by Disney buying out the contract), Disney cannot put any of the more popular Marvel characters inside their WDW theme parks... Regardless of the monorail wrap, which again is NOT a theme park attraction nor is it INSIDE a theme park... Not hard to understand or comprehend...

~~Agh, why do I bother responding to idiots...

Jimmy Thick

Has nothing to do with doom and gloom... it has everything to do with legality and legally binding contracts, which are, you know, legally binding... So until you learn about contracts and contract law, then I suggest you stop commenting... Since it is obvious you are clueless...

Until the contract is broken (either by Universal or by Disney buying out the contract), Disney cannot put any of the more popular Marvel characters inside their WDW theme parks... Regardless of the monorail wrap, which again is NOT a theme park attraction nor is it INSIDE a theme park... Not hard to understand or comprehend...

~~Agh, why do I bother responding to idiots...

Ugh, my point is totally over your head or you cannot see it.

Jimmy Thick-But then again...

How long is this god-awful thing going to be up. Am I going to have to watch it go through the lobby of the Contemporary when I'm there in Sept? I hope not!

I don't have a problem with Marvel characters, and I don't mind a wrap of the monorail if it is done tastefully, but this is just uggglllyyy!

Jimmy Thick

They can't use the Marvel characters in their parks it is a fact many know. Quit antagonizing. The tone you take is both condescending in posts and in the uncalled for 'sign offs' after your username. You will be reported.

Um, let me guess, your new here?

Jimmy Thick-Reported? Me?

Captain Chaos

How long is this god-awful thing going to be up. Am I going to have to watch it go through the lobby of the Contemporary when I'm there in Sept? I hope not!

I don't have a problem with Marvel characters, and I don't mind a wrap of the monorail if it is done tastefully, but this is just uggglllyyy!

Probably as long as the movie remains in the theaters... Since the movie comes out in May, I figure at least through June...

celluloid

No I am not, but don't kid yourself,the sign offs from day one you started them were never really charming in the first place. Especially when you are condescending to other users of this website.

As far as how long the wrap will be on the monorail. I would say until the end of the year or so. A good amount after the DVDs go on sale. Tronorail was there for a long time.

lebeau

Maybe not even Daredevil as he has been associated with Spiderman... They would be left with the least popular characters... The monorail wrap is the extent of Marvel in WDW... other than merchandise...

MPW-4165

Daredevil is a card carrying Avenger.

Everyone you have ever heard of in the Marvel Universe (and a whole bunch more you have never heard of) is an Avenger. Spider-man is an Avenger. Wolverine is an Avenger. The entire Fantastic Four... Avengers. You get my drift.

lazyboy97o

Universal can seek an injunction against Disney, but the primary means by which this issue will be resolved is with binding arbitration in New York, as set out by the contract.

So the SEC is making false claims?

celluloid

Daredevil is a card carrying Avenger.

Everyone you have ever heard of in the Marvel Universe (and a whole bunch more you have never heard of) is an Avenger. Spider-man is an Avenger. Wolverine is an Avenger. The entire Fantastic Four... Avengers. You get my drift.

Even without that it is a moot point as Daredevil, his main villian, and a ton of other Marvel Superheroes are referenced throughout Marvel Superhero Island in the form of facades, props, large set pieces, vehicles and tons of little details scattered throughout.

lebeau

Even without that it is a moot point as Daredevil, his main villian, and a ton of other Marvel Superheroes are referenced throughout Marvel Superhero Island in the form of facades, props, large set pieces, vehicles and tons of little details scattered throughout.

Yep.

Marvel will never have a popular character that is excluded from the Universal contract. Even characters created since Islands of Adventure opened are going to be covered by the "family" clause. If they could ever create a popular character without tying it into an existing family, maybe. But their track record has shown they can't do that. So I feel pretty safe in predicting it will never happen.

But I suppose they can legally go nuts on the monorail...

nace888

Whether someone's new or not, this thread is to discuss the opinions of the Avenger-rail, and in some cases, the interesting dispute of the contract.

This thread IS NOT however, a place for you to make snide comments and throwback signoffs to other users...

I'm somewhat new, and I'm not treating other posters the way you are... However, that can be arranged...

Nace888- Stuck-up people get nowhere quick, just deeper into a hole they end up digging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom