Monorail to be wrapped once again

Airborne786

Guys I hate to break it to you but Disney Owns Marvel, and also its a freakin monorail, do you really think that they are going to change it just because a handful of you dont like it. They wont. Kids happen to like super heroes, and last time i checked there were alot of kids that go to WDW. So can we stop pulling up the legal documents and just let it be

lazyboy97o

Guys I hate to break it to you but Disney Owns Marvel, and also its a freakin monorail, do you really think that they are going to change it just because a handful of you dont like it. They wont. Kids happen to like super heroes, and last time i checked there were alot of kids that go to WDW. So can we stop pulling up the legal documents and just let it be
Disney's purchase of Marvel did not nullify University's exclusive right to use the characters.

Captain Chaos

WDW cannot use Marvel since Universal owns the theme park rights... Sorry to break it to you but Disney has to still abide by the contract... The question Universal has to ask is if it is worth it to order Disney to cease and desist use of the Avengers (Marvel characters Disney CANNOT use) on the monorail...

Admiral01

Premium Member
I just got this idea...

Everyone's saying that the trains need an overhaul so to speak, well, why not paint the trains BLACK instead of white, and use the color stripes... Monorail Black would switch to Monorail White, with red pinstripes...

The rest of the trains would then have white pinstripes instead of black ones... Thoughts??

I had that same thought, at least for Monorail Red since the cabs are already painted... Monorail Red could be the tester for a black train with the colored stripe. I love (LOVE, LOVE) the white trains with the colored stripes, but for those who don't like it, black with colored stripes could be neat.

That said, I don't know how much the black raises the ambient temperature within the monorails, which directly impacts the amount of electricity running to the airconditioning units, which impacts the electric engines, etc. Black Monorails in central Florida heat may be a non-started for the long term. There is a reason most airlines paint their planes primarily white, and this is it. The white exterior keeps the cooling costs down while they are on the ground, which keeps the equipment cooler and in better shape for flight.

celluloid

I believe it's a statement that WDW is about to take it's O town back.

So glad they put a temporary wrap on the monorail instead of fixing the Yeti at Animal Kingdom that has been broken for years, or not having a new attraction included in that same park since that attraction six years ago.

I do love the kind of statements that the company is making.

Sorry, it is not a statement to taking back Orlando. The parks are only one component of huge companies. The only statement it is making it istaking advantage of characters they can use to advertise a movie they have stake in.

WDWFREAK53

I personally don't have a problem with only ONE train having the wrap. It gives it a kind of "Hey, I saw the *insert marketing scheme here* monorail when I was at Disney!"

On another note...I think the Avengers monorail looks pretty sleek...Take the graphics off and just leave it all gloss black and it would be incredible! Or...have it all black and leave the bolt of electricity as the stripe.

What I would rather see is "in-property" cross-promotion.

Have one or two monorails wrapped and themed to an attraction at either Epcot or MK.

captainkidd

No way is this true. Never in a million years would Disney be dumb enough to think that would fly with purists. Tronorail was pushing it. I don't believe this for 1 second.

A wrap - Possible. Avengers - Negative.

Proving once again how little I know.:eek:

Really? The front of the monorail is an advertisement for the best ride at Universal?

Ooooook.

GLaDOS

Coming from someone who loved Tronorail and is an Avengers fanboy...

That is the ugliest freaking thing on the planet. That's the best they could come up with?

Jimmy Thick

Disney at its best, proving yet again they are smarter than you think and have more things planned than anyone knows!!!

Jimmy Thick-* Puts feet up and hands behing head and starts grinning!!!*

Jimmy Thick

WDW cannot use Marvel since Universal owns the theme park rights... Sorry to break it to you but Disney has to still abide by the contract... The question Universal has to ask is if it is worth it to order Disney to cease and desist use of the Avengers (Marvel characters Disney CANNOT use) on the monorail...

Universal owns the theme park rights yet a Avengers monorail proudly rolls around Disney property...

Who would have thought it could happen?

Jimmy Thick-Disney-2 Insiders-0

Captain Chaos

Universal owns the theme park rights yet a Avengers monorail proudly rolls around Disney property...

Who would have thought it could happen?

Jimmy Thick-Disney-2 Insiders-0

Doesn't change the fact Universal has the theme park rights and no theme park east of the Mississippi can use Marvel, which includes WDW... Little loophole (monorail is transportation not a theme park ride, these aren't walk around characters in a theme park, etc...) WDW is using doesn't change the content of the contract... And in reality, it isn't worth it for Universal to spend money to stop a wrap on a monorail... Universal wins anyway, Disney is promoting UNIVERSAL'S ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE in a round about way... Like I said, imagine the 6 year old boy who now wants to meet those characters... Where do they have to go?? UNIVERSAL.. which means, money in Universal's pocket, and guests leaving Disney property for a day, maybe two...

Jimmy Thick

Doesn't change the fact Universal has the theme park rights and no theme park east of the Mississippi can use Marvel, which includes WDW...

Unfortunately the same people who said this in the first place also stated the Marvel characters will never see the kight of day at Disney World, which obviously was miscalculated if not completely ignorant.

Disney paid billions for Marvel and are now starting to flex their muscles. Disney, Iam sure, has some of the brightest legal minds working for them, and to think they will not move their owned assests into their properties, contract or not, is absurd.

This I feel, is just the start.

Jimmy Thick-The Disney company is smarter than you, believe it or not...

GLaDOS

Unfortunately the same people who said this in the first place also stated the Marvel characters will never see the kight of day at Disney World, which obviously was miscalculated if not completely ignorant.

Disney paid billions for Marvel and are now starting to flex their muscles. Disney, Iam sure, has some of the brightest legal minds working for them, and to think they will not move their owned assests into their properties, contract or not, is absurd.

Comcast, who owns Universal, has some of the smartest legal minds working for them as well, no doubt.

Disney moves Spider-man or an Avenger into WDW in any meaningful way, and Disney will be slapped with an injunction so fast their heads will spin faster than a teacup in Fantasyland. Or do you not understand how a contract works?

Captain Chaos

And you would see who wins in a court of law.. Contracts are contracts... A wrap on a transportation vehicle outside of a theme park may be a little loophole Disney can exploit... But see what happens if they try to put out a Spiderman walk around character, or decide to build some sort of Iron Man attraction, or a Tony Stark expo in WDW... Universal lawyers would have a field day, and Disney would lose...

If they put it in Disneyland, then Universal has no fight...

Captain Chaos

Comcast, who owns Universal, has some of the smartest legal minds working for them as well, no doubt.

Disney moves Spider-man or an Avenger into WDW in any meaningful way, and Disney will be slapped with an injunction so fast their heads will spin faster than a teacup in Fantasyland. Or do you not understand how a contract works?

or ANY popular Marvel character who, in one way or another, is involved with a "family or group" in the Marvel universe....

GLaDOS

or ANY popular Marvel character who, in one way or another, is involved with a "family or group" in the Marvel universe....

Well yea. Any character of substance is covered in IoA. Spider-man, Storm covers the X-Men family, Hulk covers the Avengers characters, Doctor Doom covers the Fantastic Four.

So really, what would Disney be left with anyway? Daredevil? Ghost Rider? Oh yea, those two are really going to get the people through the gates!

Captain Chaos

Well yea. Any character of substance is covered in IoA. Spider-man, Storm covers the X-Men family, Hulk covers the Avengers characters, Doctor Doom covers the Fantastic Four.

So really, what would Disney be left with anyway? Daredevil? Ghost Rider? Oh yea, those two are really going to get the people through the gates!

Maybe not even Daredevil as he has been associated with Spiderman... They would be left with the least popular characters... The monorail wrap is the extent of Marvel in WDW... other than merchandise...

MPW-4165

Jimmy Thick

The Avengers are in Disney World right now, and Universal can't/won't do a thing about it.

Maybe Potter can cast a magic spell to keep the smoke and mirrors up.:ROFLOL:

Jimmy Thick-Comcast? The worst cable company on the planet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom