Monorail Teal?

Kadruk

Nothing noting the accident will be on the train.. And the timeline is to have teal rolling before the holiday season.. Not sure about the 'other' train..

Teal is the old pink from my understanding...... don't quote that part

WDWiz318

Teal seems kinda 80s, really don't see it around a whole lot these days. The very reason it's a perfect time to bring it back, kudos.

EPCOTPluto

Isn't monorail blue already teal? I wish we could get a real blue monorail, like the blue on this page.
Monorail Blue IS Blue.

disney-world-monorail.jpg

"You get Monorail Blue, not Peter Rabbit!" :lookaroun:lol:

Monorail_Red

Little birdie told me that we'll see Monorail Teal rolling sooner than later at the World....

Thoughts? Comments?
Don't get me wrong I would love to see an 11th train come into service but I don't think that the NTSB finished their investigation yet.

Eeven if the NTSB recently released Pink & Purple back to WDW...I don't see how shop can fix one, get it working, AND paint it.

:shrug:

I'll believe it when I see it...

officeboy

Last I heard NTSB has recently released both trains back to Disney. Bombadier (sp?) was contacted long ago and parts to repair both trains are either on order or have been delivered. Don't take that to the bank as I only have it from one source and they are not related to rails or management.

captain marvel1

I propose if Disney unveils teal for one monorail. Violet should be the other color to replace pink and purple monorails and retire the those 2 colors with a full military honor guard at the park.

The driver risked his own live to protect others on that monorail. Hes a hero in my book. If you were on that train you would say the same thing. I sat up in front with the driver that died When i was their last November.

_Scar

Sorry if this offends anyone but... if I'm a parent going to the Magic Kingdom on a monoral and I hear or see an a Austin memorial then that kind of spoils some of the magic. What if a child asks what happened to him? It'd be very hard to explain that tradgedy. Maybe I'm crazy, but he should have an obscure memorial like on the side of a monorail are his initials. Something not blatantly obvious for the everyday guests, but something obvious for CMs and people who knew him.

Timon

WHOLE big problems with the ventilation systems and weight issues that caused major transportation problems the first year of operation/conversion.

I would think if WDW does a remodel of the Mark VI trains it would be done via Bombardier (a mass transit company with lots of experience), the builders of the Mark VI trains.

DL's new Mark VII's were redone with WDI having to dismantle a train to reverse engineer it to design the new trains. Under the new train bodies is the 1969 Mark III chassis. All the building was done by a company in Canada. (Not Bombardier)

Of course new spiffy trains would be very cool,too.
picture.php

EpcotServo

10 years?:shrug:

I kinda like our trains, in fact. If you want DL's, I could see why you would, but I prefer ours in our setting. Those would look weird in EPCOT, or even in the TTC.

More than enough time. Monorail technology is leaps and bounds better, and that 99.9% reliability of our fleet has been tossed out the window due to their poor age.

A lil' bit of Disneyland's stylized design, but other than that, completely new trains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom