Monorail Teal now in service

TURKEY

heres the thing they havent stopped the practice in Disneyland. does that seem fair.

How many monorails can DL run at 1 time? Is it just one or can they run a 2nd?

Aren't they on 1 loop that runs from Tomorrowland to DTD?

Either way, DL doesn't have near the number of monorails, stops, or lines that WDW does.

It seems ok for them to keep having guests in the front there.

Go answer the questions asked to you http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=481978

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This thread is for discussion of Teal, not the original accident. If you want to discuss that one some more, please post that in one of the original threads (do a search if you need to track it down). Thanks

s8film40

Original Poster
heres the thing they havent stopped the practice in Disneyland. does that seem fair.

After Sept. 11th Disneyland Stopped the front cabs and WDW didn't that didn't seem fair either, just typical Disney backwards logic.

Having the front cab experience has always been the argument against automating the monorails, so I would suspect that if they decide not to reopen them they would likely automate the trains, that would save them well over half a million dollars a year.

captain marvel1

or they can just shutdown the monorails and do away with them forever. since if the ruling comes from the feds Disney may just have to do that. which i hope doesnt happen. however let me tell you what the feds just did they shut down a theme park ride. since it injured 7 at my fairgrounds in pensacola florida. they banned the ride in florida from showing up later and their investagating it. so im pretty sure the feds have that type of power.

OKay, Like WDWMagic administrator previously mentioned go to the thread about the accident!!

Besides, no matter what Disney is taking a safety procaution with not allowing people in the cab!

hpyhnt 1000

Ah yes, quite different when you see them together. Awesome pics. Boy, she sure is SHINY!

Yeah, I know....I was just wondering how they compared in color. I always thought blue was more "sky blue" but teal makes it actually look blue.

Agreed. Blue actually looks like blue now. I still think a bit more green is needed for the new color to truly be a "teal", but either way, it looks very nice. :)

Kadruk

yes... saw teal on the express beam this evening as well... looks great.. the entire train has been repainted, not just the stripe

NormalVisual

The manager in question was *already* at the off-property restaurant on their scheduled/approved dinner break. A second manager was in charge while the first one was on break, but then that second manager got sick and had to leave. That left the first manager stuck off-property, in the middle of eating their dinner, but suddenly in charge again. The accident happened before they could get back to the TTC.

-Rob

As I understood it, it was actually the central coordinator that got sick and was being replaced. As you said, the duty manager was on his scheduled lunch break and took over as Central for the very brief period of time it took to get another coordinator in the tower, and the second coordinator was walking to the tower from Westgate when the accident occurred. Either way, the manager being away from the duty area wasn't really a significant factor in the accident, and it's recently been discovered that there could very well have been a faulty switch position indication that night back in Shop, which will make things more interesting as well.

Of course, all of that is beside the point - I'm really glad to see Teal out and running today, and I'm sure it was good for departmental morale. I was at work and got an IM early in the afternoon from another railie telling me the train was now accepting guests, and I was just tickled pink, er, teal about it. :) Operationally, I'm sure Transportation is thrilled to have one train back on the beam to help pick up the load, with the second in the hopefully-not-too-distant future.

Mr.EPCOT

Whatever,it is permanent,that's all that matters.

You don't know that. There will be a day when Guests can ride up front again. When it will be is anyones guess, but I can say with some amount of certainty that it will happen someday.

thats too bad since their ruining it for people. when it was the Disney manager that had dinner and left to go to Denny's fault.

I'm sorry, but you really, really, really don't know what you're talking about, so don't go down that road. I will defend the honor and integrity of that manager until the day I die.

Earn them? Would they actually do that?

Yeah! All 24 Walt Disney World Monorail trains earned and had their 'D's painted on once they were approved for Guest service, much in the spirit of the tradition of a pilot earning their wings once they're certified to fly.

Main Street USA

Yeah, imagine that. They actually painted the deltas on every car. I was sure they were too stupid to notice before that they had only painted one. :rolleyes:

As for the "Ds," it would be nice to see them, but it's really no big deal. Paint job looks good, guys...just like "we" knew it would.

s8film40

Original Poster
Yeah, imagine that. They actually painted the deltas on every car. I was sure they were too stupid to notice before that they had only painted one. :rolleyes:

As for the "Ds," it would be nice to see them, but it's really no big deal. Paint job looks good, guys...just like "we" knew it would.

Considering that it takes a lot more work to paint the delta on over the stripe than to just stencil it out in the first place, yeah that was pretty stupid. I don't think anyone was expecting perfection considering their track record of mistakes in painting the trains

Main Street USA

You don't know they didn't mask or stencil it to begin with. It doesn't matter how they did it. The end result is nice. Those that complained before it was finished were wrong again. Shocking.

These same people are the ones that were complaining about the SM refurb a month after it started. LOL. Now they're the same ones freaking out about how great things look. They'll never learn.

You don't know they didn't mask or stencil it to begin with. It doesn't matter how they did it. The end result is nice. Those that complained before it was finished were wrong again. Shocking.

These same people are the ones that were complaining about the SM refurb a month after it started. LOL. Now they're the same ones freaking out about how great things look. They'll never learn.

Ahahaha aint it always the truth

freediverdude

I hope I'm not being insensitive or anything if the color signifies something, but I am wondering why they made the color so close to the blue color.

s8film40

Original Poster

Umm there was a photo posted a while back where you could clearly see that they did not stencil it out, I don't think anyone was wrong in noticing that glaring mistake, now does it really affect the end result? No, it just cost them more time and money. Yes the end result is nice but it of course is not perfect, the mistakes made on this train are minor when compared to others though. The stripe looks to be a consistent width unlike the original paint job on Purple and they seemed to have used the same stencil for all of the deltas unlike when they painted Coral. All in all it's not too bad considering their track record. Now would I find this paint application acceptable on my model/toy of the train, No, it's incomplete and inconsistent with the fleet without the D's. I guess I just have higher standards than Disney.

EPCOT Explorer

A single inconsistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. :)

Agreed. Blue actually looks like blue now. I still think a bit more green is needed for the new color to truly be a "teal", but either way, it looks very nice. :)
If anything, Blue should be made a darker blue...I've always thought it was a bit light.

Yeah! All 24 Walt Disney World Monorail trains earned and had their 'D's painted on once they were approved for Guest service, much in the spirit of the tradition of a pilot earning their wings once they're certified to fly.
Wow! Very cool....Hope they are brought back ASAP. Especially for Teal. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom