Monorail Teal now in service

I don't believe the end of Guests up front was a suggestion from the NTSB. It was a change in policy put in place by management the day the monorails re-opened after the accident.

-Rob

So will this be in place forever?

Not to be non-sensative (cant think of the right word) but why wouldnt they reopen it. Its kind of a blanket closing, I understand the reason but still?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's definitely a nice color!

Something that I'd like to see, if anyone is stealthy (and patient) enough, is a photo of Teal and Blue in close proximity. In different photos and sunlight, it's hard to tell how close they really are to each other. A pic of them passing or both in a station together would be awesome.

Hint hint, regulars.....

Here is a comparison. Both shot today on the same camera. See the very bottom photo on
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportation/Monorail/News/04Nov2009-Monorail-Teal-photos.htm

WDW Vacationer

I don't believe the end of Guests up front was a suggestion from the NTSB. It was a change in policy put in place by management the day the monorails re-opened after the accident.

-Rob

I thought Disney made a temporary decision,NTSB made it permanent,that was the last I heard. Whatever,it is permanent,that's all that matters.

Aww, I was hoping they would have patched them up a bit.

Earn them? Would they actually do that?

I think it was a figure of speech.

Tom

Beta Return
Here is a comparison. Both shot today on the same camera. See the very bottom photo on
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportation/Monorail/News/04Nov2009-Monorail-Teal-photos.htm

Ah yes, quite different when you see them together. Awesome pics. Boy, she sure is SHINY!

There are also white deltas.

Yeah, I know....I was just wondering how they compared in color. I always thought blue was more "sky blue" but teal makes it actually look blue.

captain marvel1

thats too bad since their ruining it for people. when it was the Disney manager that had dinner and left to go to Denny's fault. i think enough time has passed that they should start it back up. if they now know what was wrong and improve on it. heck if they dint feel comfortable I'm offering to go first with a driver to prove its safe foward backward. since i have no problem of going on it. a roller coaster is just as dangerous in my book.

Tom

Beta Return
thats too bad since their ruining it for people. when it was disney manager that had dinner at dennys fault.

There has not been an official report issued. Nobody is to blame - everyone is to blame. Lots of errors happened in a short amount of time. Please don't state that one person is to blame.

The most logical reason they're probably not letting people ride up front is so that the pilots don't have to listen to guests ask idiotic questions about the accident, death or safety of the monorails. It's bad enough that the platform workers have to deal with it while monitoring the queue.

Sure, if guests had been riding up front that night, they'd be dead too. But that was the first time in 30 years that guests would have been put in danger in the cab of a monorail. We can only assume Disney has fixed every loophole that was exposed that night, and that riding up front is safer than ever before - thus ruling out the "safety" argument for "no riding up front."

Rob562

thats too bad since their ruining it for people. when it was the Disney manager that had dinner and left to go to Denny's fault.

I'm not going to get into the whole "who's fault is it" debate that was hashed and re-hashed in the weeks after the accident (especially as it was multiple minor failures that all combined at the most inopportune time to allow the accident to happen), but wanted to correct you on one factual point, especially when you used it to place the blame...

The manager in question was *already* at the off-property restaurant on their scheduled/approved dinner break. A second manager was in charge while the first one was on break, but then that second manager got sick and had to leave. That left the first manager stuck off-property, in the middle of eating their dinner, but suddenly in charge again. The accident happened before they could get back to the TTC.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom