Monorail teal confirmed

wdwbeepbop

Well to be fair Scott or my little older brother as I like to call him, only has to take I-69 at night so it usually ain't to bad so it is more like a case of strep not the ful blown piggy flu.

1 other thing I am Boiler fan but Scott here is a Ball State University Alum so shhhhh they are having a tough year being 0-fer for the season.

Don't mean to throw this thread off even more but i'm at BSU right now and we're about to find our stride don't worry :)

Tom

Beta Return
I think the change in colors is just dumb PR.

You want to honor the memory of a kid who died needlessly? How about you go back to putting safety above cost and guest satisfaction?

I'll also go on the record and say this change would never have been made if not for the Internet Era. Disney knows how many folks have read and watched YouTube on this tragedy and they don't want people saying unmagical things like 'this is the monorail that killed a guy in that wreck' while onboard or waiting.

Thing is ... the same folks who are likely to know it was pink and purple colliding are the same folks who are likely to know that teal is made up from their remnants.

But hopefully, the folks who know every detail about this (folks like us) would have the decency to NOT talk about it in front of other guests while at WDW.

I will have no problem riding Teal. The cars and cabs used in this new train may have been part of the old trains, but they were quite removed from the actual point of impact. If they refurbished the damaged cabs, and I had to ride in one of those.....that's when I'd get creeped out.

Well to be fair Scott, or my little older brother as I like to call him, only has to take I-69 at night so it usually isn't too bad so it is more like a case of strep not the ful blown piggy flu.

1 other thing, I am Boiler fan but Scott here is a Ball State University Alum so shhhhh they are having a tough year being 0-fer for the season.

Tough year is an understatement :)

I assumed. In fact, I was on the phone with my g/f and suddenly interrupted her saying "TEAL IS HAPPENING!" Then I had to explain.

From another thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dh8gN2vvl0

Don't mean to throw this thread off even more but i'm at BSU right now and we're about to find our stride don't worry :)

I won't hold my breath :animwink:

Figment82

Monorail "white" was outside the barn this morning around 10am - just the nose was still inside.

The Express beam was closed for most of the day today, Red was at the Poly and Green at the MK station. Sure put a lot of stress on the Ferry boats.

TTATraveler

Monorail "white" was outside the barn this morning around 10am - just the nose was still inside.

The Express beam was closed for most of the day today, Red was at the Poly and Green at the MK station. Sure put a lot of stress on the Ferry boats.

Do you know what was going on with the monorails today? Resorts was the only monorail running. They were announcing bus service from TTA to Epcot.

EPCOT Explorer

I thought it concluded that closing the Adventurers Club and the Dining Plan that caused it. :shrug:
Horizons Exit Polls were the main cause, of course.:):lookaroun

Ah, interesting.

How and where will they paint this?

EPCOTPluto

^^^^

And thought of at one time. :(
TTA%2002.jpg

:lookaroun

WDW1974

So the NSTB report is out stating that there is a company-wide inattention to saftey due to monetary and guest satisfaction concerns?

We both know the NTSB hasn't issued a report yet.

We also both know that past and present rail CMs have been vocal regarding the changes in procedures that led to the tragedy as well as other issues.

And I'm willing to bet that when the report comes out it'll largely be skewed toward the CMs working that night and not toward the changes that have been made in the name of saving money and keeping guests happy and moving quickly.

And then you and many others will simply chalk it up to some badseed CMs and Disney will continue to operate as usual.

Indeed, if you've been paying attention you'll note that Disney supervisors have been present when subordinates have been interviewed by the NTSB ... that's a sure-fire way (especially in this economy/job market) to guarantee you don't get honest answers.

You'll also note how many times the trains have gone down suddenly for hours a day.

Doesn't seem like a death has done much to change the way transport is run at WDW.

jakeman

We both know the NTSB hasn't issued a report yet.

We also both know that past and present rail CMs have been vocal regarding the changes in procedures that led to the tragedy as well as other issues.

And I'm willing to bet that when the report comes out it'll largely be skewed toward the CMs working that night and not toward the changes that have been made in the name of saving money and keeping guests happy and moving quickly.

And then you and many others will simply chalk it up to some badseed CMs and Disney will continue to operate as usual.

Indeed, if you've been paying attention you'll note that Disney supervisors have been present when subordinates have been interviewed by the NTSB ... that's a sure-fire way (especially in this economy/job market) to guarantee you don't get honest answers.

You'll also note how many times the trains have gone down suddenly for hours a day.

Doesn't seem like a death has done much to change the way transport is run at WDW.
Innocent until proven guilty. You should look that up.

WDW1974

Innocent until proven guilty. You should look that up.

Please. Some of us have long since stopped giving Disney the benefit of the doubt because we know how it operates.

Again, just read what's out there ... of course, you'll likely turn it around and say that anyone who complains about Disney's change in policies is just a disgruntled CM or ex-CM.

There's no way you can be wrong here unless the NTSB throws the book at Disney and we both know that's highly unlikely.

It doesn't change what goes on and has gone down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom