Monorail teal confirmed

s8film40

I'll believe it when I see it. Can't say any of my Monorail buddies have said anything about it.

Your monorail buddies probably just think it's a really stupid idea and we're hoping it wasn't true.

Having three odd colors with two basic colors missing is really dumb and will only perpetuate talk of the accident and detract from monorails in general. Most of the paint jobs on the trains are a mess now anyway, maybe they figured if they couldn't do it right anyway why try. The trains are getting old anyway maybe it's time they scrap them and get some new trains. I sincerely hope monorail teal has a very short life.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Your monorail buddies probably just think it's a really stupid idea and we're hoping it wasn't true.

Having three odd colors with two basic colors missing is really dumb and will only perpetuate talk of the accident and detract from monorails in general. Most of the paint jobs on the trains are a mess now anyway, maybe they figured if they couldn't do it right anyway why try. The trains are getting old anyway maybe it's time they scrap them and get some new trains. I sincerely hope monorail teal has a very short life.

Purple and pink are hardly basic colors. Most people aren't going to notice that there is no purple striped monorail on the line, much less a pink striped one.

EPCOT Explorer

Evan look up my friends and find Kevin. He is a FB friend. He posts pictures on there all the time for guessing games.
Gotcha.

Attaching cars 1,2, and 3 of Pink to 4,5, and 6 of purple. This is supposedly what they did after the collision of blue and red in 1974.
Woah, what happened then?

Purple and pink are hardly basic colors. Most people aren't going to notice that there is no purple striped monorail on the line, much less a pink striped one.

We have "Lime" and "Coral", too.:lookaroun:lol:

trr1

Walt Disney World reveals new monorail
By Leah Zanolla
Oct 15, 2009

Walt Disney World announced that it has built a new monorail train to replace the two that were damaged in a fatal collision this summer. The new train has been built from the undamaged portions of the trains involved in the accident.

The new monorail will have a teal stripe. The colors pink and purple will be retired out of respect for the cast members involved in the accident.

Before it begins carrying guests, "The train will be subject to the same extensive testing as any new vehicle we add to our transportation fleet," Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

The new train will be put into service later this year. Disney is planning to add a 12th train in 2010.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_Disney_News/Walt_Disney_World_reveals_new_monorail.htm

mickeysaver

I am hoping that we don't need to ride on it. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss when it comes to this sort of stuff. :( If it comes into the station, I think that I will opt to wait for the next one. I just can't imagine riding on a monorail with that sort of history, regardless of the paint job. It's just too sad.

EPCOT Explorer

I am hoping that we don't need to ride on it. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss when it comes to this sort of stuff. :( If it comes into the station, I think that I will opt to wait for the next one. I just can't imagine riding on a monorail with that sort of history, regardless of the paint job. It's just too sad.

It will be odd, but it's not the same one, at all. They've rehauled it, if you think about it.

MousDad

The article makes it sort of sound like the guests prohibition from the cab is a permanent change. Glad I got to do it once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom