Monorail Pics.....

Wbnemo1

good questions,
I was in the process of coming up with colors so running tests changing the colors to get them as close to the originals as I can. So now the coral has the deltas, so does lime and teal. Now as for the two blues, I was trying to match purple for the darker ones and also monorail teal verses monorail blue, they kept coming up to close the same color and it was wrong. I finally got the colors to where i was happy and sent off the drawings last night late to the decal company. I've been making the beamway with different elevations just like the real one, ups and downs and of course, the curves. I truly hope this will work as it's untried. All my beamway has these grooves in them for the steel flat wire which I still have to glue in...I've been concentrating on the monorails themselves for the time being, good eye.

Cheers,
Will

Wbnemo1

should be going to the right as the Walt Disney Monorail System writing is only on car/cab #1, but they run either way so tough call... so i checked my videos from yesterday found something kinda neat. all resort beam monorails were running car/cab #6 first the whole time, including the avengers mono. the express beam was running car/cab #1 first

Will

Wbnemo1

trying to show the true colors but unfortunately, they don't work. They do however print up really well in the true colors

decalsheetfixed2.jpg

nace888

trying to show the true colors but unfortunately, they don't work. They do however print up really well in the true colors

decalsheetfixed2.jpg

These look extremely good!!! I see you're still working on Purple's color? Maybe going a little lighter?? You forgot pink though...

Wbnemo1

well even though it doesn't look like it, purple comes out in printing pretty much perfect in color and hue, it's also my favorite color for the monorail so wanted to make sure i had a couple sets to make sure it's good to go, it's like a royal purple ..no room for pink on this sheet. Funny, but again the pink prints to the coral color anyhow, so I added the Deltas to make it coral. I'm gonna have to mess with it to get pink...

Wbnemo1

cool on the dreamland monorail, wish i could speak their language to talk to them on it..here's the beamway I had 3d printed off my drawings. I still have to cut the cab off this to make the rest of the passenger cars and as of now at least till i figure something else out, the bellows are resin as well. The last photo shows how my beamway connects, kinda like a little puzzle piece...

00123_Capture_15.jpg

00124_Capture_26.jpg

00123_Capture_20.jpg

nace888

cool on the dreamland monorail, wish i could speak their language to talk to them on it..here's the beamway I had 3d printed off my drawings. I still have to cut the cab off this to make the rest of the passenger cars and as of now at least till i figure something else out, the bellows are resin as well. The last photo shows how my beamway connects, kinda like a little puzzle piece...

00123_Capture_15.jpg

00124_Capture_26.jpg

00123_Capture_20.jpg

Are the beams flexible? Also, how will the train run, like a normal electric set??
Also, what are the bellows? (Sorry)
And your second picture makes the train look like from the end, it gets a little fatter, then squashes going towards the nose, :/

Wbnemo1

as you can see in the photo, I'm using a T scale powered chassis to sit up inside the monorail body. If you look at the top of the beamway, it's got those grooves on either side of the top. Those are for the flat wire to rest in. This will allow the train to run on the beamway..it's slightly magnetic so should help hold it on the rails. Again, this is all hopeful, I could end up with a cool static model at the end of this for all I know...but I'm being told by the experts , this should work fine. the beamway needs to be mounted to do this right..but i'm trying to come up with a way around that as well.. The monorail body is fine not squished, just looks that way, I just checked it with calipers so it's good to go to the .001 of an inch. You may have noted that the recessed windows are pretty deep. This is so I can apply the .008" window cutouts to smooth the rastered(ridged) openings presently there.. I employed a 3d model guy to make me some roof rails and the escape hatches off my drawings, now I will have everything once I get these pieces 3d printed...oh, and the bellows are the accordion looking transitions between the passenger compartments/cars

Cheers,
Will

ZscaleMK6_1sm.jpg

nace888

as you can see in the photo, I'm using a T scale powered chassis to sit up inside the monorail body. If you look at the top of the beamway, it's got those grooves on either side of the top. Those are for the flat wire to rest in. This will allow the train to run on the beamway..it's slightly magnetic so should help hold it on the rails. Again, this is all hopeful, I could end up with a cool static model at the end of this for all I know...but I'm being told by the experts , this should work fine. the beamway needs to be mounted to do this right..but i'm trying to come up with a way around that as well.. The monorail body is fine not squished, just looks that way, I just checked it with calipers so it's good to go to the .001 of an inch. You may have noted that the recessed windows are pretty deep. This is so I can apply the .008" window cutouts to smooth the rastered(ridged) openings presently there.. I employed a 3d model guy to make me some roof rails and the escape hatches off my drawings, now I will have everything once I get these pieces 3d printed...oh, and the bellows are the accordion looking transitions between the passenger compartments/cars

Cheers,
Will

ZscaleMK6_1sm.jpg

OHHHH, okay. I called those Intercars! XD

nace888

Wbnemo1, have you started run-testing the train yet? Also, will it be a one-car-pull-the-rest, or two end cars with motors?
Will you be making molds to keep permenantly as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom