Monorail Pics.....

Wbnemo1

hoping it will run using a tiny locomotive. the beamway will have to have steel flat wire on top but should look great and work well, err in theory lol :D

ZscaleMK6_1sm.jpg

Wbnemo1

so i went over to Disney 's Contemporary Hotel and got some help to get so video of the monorails coming into the hotel from out on a balcony, got all the shots i need to finish this little guy now :sohappy::sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
so i went over to Disney 's Contemporary Hotel and got some help to get so video of the monorails coming into the hotel from out on a balcony, got all the shots i need to finish this little guy now :sohappy::sohappy:

Awesome! Be sure to upload some vids of the finished product when you're done! Or even progress photos :)

nace888

I think it looks good so far!! I can't wait to see it run if it does!!

Just a couple of details I think you could use if you feel like it, the skirts are a light grey, very light grey, and they have pinstriping... However, I dunno if you wanna do the striping...

I do have another couple of questions... First, will it only be the Cab and first car, or will it be the whole train? Also, how small is it??

Wbnemo1

well it will be a typical six car monorail. Would you believe i know these monorails very very well, I've just never seen the tophatch details, go figure. I'm designing a decal sheet to really make these guys look glike they should..I've not done the gold and silver mono schemes though..here's a test on decal paper. I'm gonna have a known decal company make me a much nicer version. I will be making the master patterns for the fire hatches shortly and even have the decal for the turn arrow for this area and the stenciled numbers for the top of the train cars. yes the skirt will have the pin stripes,it's all part of the decal sheet. Basically, If it's on the real one, I'm trying to put it into this one before molding, decals will make it as accurate as I can for this scale...1:226- the cab and first car measure 2.329 inches long. this train is almost perfectly scale to the Contemporary monorail playset piece..I checked it at the store display yesterday... here's the test, excluding the correct font for the wording on skirts

decal set includes:
the correct font Walt Disney Monorail System wording
the correct classic "D" with mouse ears globe
the numbers for each car located under the center door
skirt pin stripes for all cars
fire hatch decals for turn arrow
main two tone stripe for each color monorail for all cars
all Window. windscreen decals

00124_Capture_2.jpg

Wbnemo1

it's a urethane resin, same as garage kits of resin kit manufacturers..taking phone pics to show master decal sheet and master drawing in Coreldraw to produce the decals

nace888

here we go

IMG_20120424_102930.jpg

IMG_20120424_104237.jpg

IMG_20120424_103607.jpg

Okay... I have just a couple questions and statements, XD

Okay, first, are you making a train for EACH color used?

If so, there's something I'll point out... (Unless they're not in the shot but are there) Why is there only one nose stripe for Coral? Also, why don't Coral's car stripes have Deltas on them?
Also, what's up with the 2 shades of blue and purple, and is the teal going to stay that dark??
Will there be a Peach one as well?
Do you have 2 sets of nose stripes in black as well?

Tom

Beta Return
Okay... I have just a couple questions and statements, XD

Okay, first, are you making a train for EACH color used?

If so, there's something I'll point out... (Unless they're not in the shot but are there) Why is there only one nose stripe for Coral? Also, why don't Coral's car stripes have Deltas on them?
Also, what's up with the 2 shades of blue and purple, and is the teal going to stay that dark??
Will there be a Peach one as well?
Do you have 2 sets of nose stripes in black as well?

Wow, and I thought Wbnemo1 was extreme in that he did this. You're even more extreme in your critique :lol:

nace888

Wow, and I thought Wbnemo1 was extreme in that he did this. You're even more extreme in your critique :lol:

OOPS! I didn't mean it like that!! Those were more of curiousity questions, y'know? I didn't know the answers to those questions, and when I get curious, I ask!! :D

Tom

Beta Return
OOPS! I didn't mean it like that!! Those were more of curiousity questions, y'know? I didn't know the answers to those questions, and when I get curious, I ask!! :D

No, no, you're fine. It's just fun to watch the detailed discussions going into his project. I'm very anxious to see the end result.

nace888

No, no, you're fine. It's just fun to watch the detailed discussions going into his project. I'm very anxious to see the end result.

Me too!! And if they can run, maybe he can build the tracks, and even a Monorail Shop to go with it!! I just happened to notice little things here and there that made me go :veryconfu
Alas, I will be looking forward to this!! I personally feel the toy sets are not as good as they could be, and this would be the next best thing!! It confused me when I saw more than one shade of blue, and black, so it make me think "Hmmmm, what are his plans for this project?!?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom