Monorail Expansion

mortimermouse said:
I'm sure most of you realize this but I was looking at the area where the STOLport is and it's a pretty large area. It could realistically accommodate at least two resorts, if they ever needed to. Just my two cents.

Maybe if they did connect the area via water they could do a DVC and deluxe combo similar to BW and Y&BC? It's nice to see all the rehabbing and life being brought back into the old resorts as well, although I'm not too sure I like the "Palms" look to the Contemporary.

jedimaster1227

TiggerRPh said:
Actually....there may be something to this. Lou Mongello has been talking for a couple of months now that he's heard a rumor from someone inside Disney claiming that Disney will announce on October 1st that the next new DVC resort will be on the monorail on the site of the old STOLport.

I haven't believed it....but this may lead some credence to it.

Actually, you may be right-in some aspects. The has been alot going on lately about a DVC (or regular) resort going on the old STOLPort, another located on Western Way, and a (Dare I say it) fifth gate located also on Western Way. I haven't heard anything about a monorail expansion (and one going to a DVC only resort is unlikely).

I am not saying that these rumors are canon, but don't rule them out just yet (wait another year to hear more).

brich

Scar Junior said:
Yeah, I've been hearing on the news lately about how great your transportation systems are in Boston...:animwink:
Our transportation systems are fine. It's our tunnels... Seems with all the Sports Championship parades we've been having the past few years, the floats keep hitting the ceilings causing all kinds of grief... :wave:

The only transportation issues we're having is the transporting of blame amongst officials and politicians... Be thankful your not dealing with this nightmare up close on a daily basis...:brick:

napnet

mousermerf said:
Many of the resorts were running at 98% or more in the last few weeks, with the All Stars walking their guests to POFQ, Riverside, and Coronado. This wasn't a particularly busy week or two either.

The numbers are up.

Is it back up to pre-9/11 numbers for the summer or is it all the months as well? If so then I'm wrong and maybe a new resort is due :) The STOL port would be an interesting place to do it, seems like it might be a bit noisy with traffic and the racetrack.

Skippy

thedisneyfan said:
Even though it is in horrible decay, the thought of River Country's finality is very sad! :cry:
I'll take the removal of it as good news. River Country was dead many years ago, it's just depressing to see what it looks like now.

POOHKILLEDTOAD

manutdfan1 said:
That would be retarted to have a train that connects disney to universal. That would mean a major boost in universal attendance and would help there hotels since when peeps stay there they could hop on a train to wdw. it would help disney a little bit but not as much as it would help universal. i would like to seed the other stuff but not a line that connects disney and universal, thats crazy.

that's why Disney fought it so hard and the area around universal fought for it. there have been links to articles about it here somewhere.

PhilharMagician

imagineer99 said:
I find another resort unlikely considering it seems that Disney has put the second half of Pop Century on hold...

Is demand really there for another resort at this time?

There is a rumor that Phase II may become POP Suites!:lookaroun

Yes, but this is not a value resort. DVC is the hottest thing Disney has going right now. It is bringing guests that would travel to WDW every few years to multiple trips per year. This means money!

If a DVC resort pops up on the Epcot monorail line well I will definately be buying more points as will a lot of people. I would foresee that it maybe the fastest selling resort if it actually happens.

Austin1

So, What is the chance of this resort being the "seas" resort hotel we have been hearing about latley? I really hope this happens! Disney is really shaping up lately!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Tigger1988 said:
The real Thrawn would never say Monorail expansion would happen :lol:
Very true. The real Thrawn would link to countless cost estimates and feasibility studies showing why it wouldn't happen.

Also he has yet to crucify a newbie and he has been a member for nearly an hour now.:lol:

TimeTrip

marni1971 said:
Is this another dead end, or another hint at the `planned` resort east of World Drive?

As mentioned in other threads, this area is designated by RCID as a resort area. The masterplan involves moving World Drive north of the toll booth a couple of dozen feet west along the monorail line - possibly to make room for a station. Vista Blvd. would also be reworked, and a canal dug from Bay Lake to a lake in the new resort area. These have all been announced by the company. When it happens is anyones guess, but given the infrastructure work it wont be a 12 month job.

marni.. you should have attached your image from http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=74770&highlight=stol+canal ;)
attachment.php

DocMcHulk

jedimaster1227 said:
Actually, you may be right-in some aspects. The has been alot going on lately about a DVC (or regular) resort going on the old STOLPort, another located on Western Way, and a (Dare I say it) fifth gate located also on Western Way.

Might I ask... where is Western Way?

jedimaster1227

AtHomeBoy_2000 said:
Might I ask... where is Western Way?

It is a new road that goes from Reedy Creek to Kissimme.

May I ask why you believe Corrus - he could be someone who has made guesses correctly - but I say he is a fake

If Corrus has been guessing this entire time, than he is probably the richest betting man on the face of the Earth. Corrus has plenty of sources, plenty of knowledge and plenty of tips on what is going on with Disney...It is simple as that. You need to know him to believe.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Herk said:
May I ask why you believe Corrus - he could be someone who has made guesses correctly - but I say he is a fake
I believe Corrus.....

In fact, if Corrus said that Universal was buying Disney, dump your DVC and stock, I might consider doing it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom