Monorail Expansion?

wdwishes2005

peter11435 said:
I could be wrong but I don't think that is true. I mean if that was the case then shareholders would have to vote everytime a new park or resort was going to be be built which they do not.

That's what I was hearing from the old threads, although to err is human. I could be wrong, or my sources could be wrong.

Tim G

Ok... I'll refrase Never....

Not in your life time nor in the life time of you children...

And after that, a new park will open... Mars Walt Disney Resort!

Corrus said:
Ok... I'll refrase Never....

Not in your life time nor in the life time of you children...

And after that, a new park will open... Mars Walt Disney Resort!

:brick: How in the heck can you say this with so much certainty?

IM starting to get the fealing that you're a kid :p .

I find it funny every time I post something that actually has relevance to the original thread topic people come in here and derail the thread just for the sake of attacking me.

manutdfan1

this might sound crazy(but im crazy)if its not costly(im not shure if it is or not) why dont they make a subway system....the world gets more people than some citys with them do...i think it would be a great idea...i can see it now...world record for most people riding a subway in one day: walt disney world lol:p

CaptainMichael

manutdfan1 said:
this might sound crazy(but im crazy)if its not costly(im not shure if it is or not) why dont they make a subway system....the world gets more people than some citys with them do...i think it would be a great idea...i can see it now...world record for most people riding a subway in one day: walt disney world lol:p
Here is the #1 reason:
The water table in Florida is HIGH. You can only go down a few feet before hitting water.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
manutdfan1 said:

Water levels.

Remember, this is Florida.

nyfrenchy

manutdfan1 said:
why dont they make a subway system....the world gets more people than some citys with them do...i

:brick: :brick: :brick:
Why do cities need a subway: because there is a CITY ABOVE AND NO ROOM LEFT TO LAY RAILS!

That fact never crossed your mind??? :brick: :brick:

Interruption?

nyfrenchy said:
:brick: :brick: :brick:
Why do cities need a subway: because there is a CITY ABOVE AND NO ROOM LEFT TO LAY RAILS!

That fact never crossed your mind??? :brick: :brick:
Yeah. I can totally see how this applies. They totally needed to build a monorail and create all those lakes and artificial waterways and stuff.

Interruption?

unkadug said:
Water levels.

Remember, this is Florida.
What about New York City though? That entire place is built on landfill. They had to build a huge concrete encasement for the 6 stories of the twin towers that would be under water.

peter11435

A subway system would be more expensive than monorail even in a perfect situation.

WDW is no where near a perfect situation for a subway system.

CaptainMichael

Interruption? said:
What about New York City though? That entire place is built on landfill. They had to build a huge concrete encasement for the 6 stories of the twin towers that would be under water.
Well, the difference is NYC needed a large public transportation system and didn't have any space; Walt Disney World has plenty of above ground space.

I also don't think that if water wasn't a problem that subways would be better than a Monorail.

Interruption?

peter11435 said:
A subway system would be more expensive than monorail even in a perfect situation.

WDW is no where near a perfect situation for a subway system.
Granted. I was just pointing out how the water table isn't all that big of a deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom