Monorail enhancements coming soon?

Goofy6294

It's really not that long of a ride.....

Maybe this is how they plan to occupy passengers' time when waiting for the monorail in front of theirs to get going again when there's a delay...seems to be happening more often.

I don't care what they do...so long as each time I ride I get to hear "Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas", I'm good :)

LOL! Doesn't that just get stuck in your head like a bad song??

boufa

My lord, why do we bother going to such a run down, broken down, falling apart place? If I wanted to spend time where EVERYTHING was broken and needed fixing, I would stay at home. :ROFLOL:

EpcotFanForever

I don't agree that TVs would dumb the experience down. At best they'll be for park announcements. And besides, everyone looks out the windows the entire time anyway.

Just think of the videos on DME on the way to the airport - ads to return to where you've just been. Disney won't ever miss a chance to advertise.

Ok kinda a crazy question here, if this were to happen where would you place these screens at especially the summer and holidays those trains are crammed with people theres no way they can enjoy or even see those screens for that matter .

John

Texas84

The MARTA trains in Atlanta have TVs with no sound and no subtitles. So they are useless. But informational screens would work.

puntagordabob

Interesting. I guess it depends on what will be on the TVs.

If it's advertisements for DVC, longer stays, the latest movie and so on, then booo!

But if it's things like park schedule, next stop, time, temperature, etc, then that's not a bad addition.

Gosh guess which it will be? Maybe Stacy or DeeVee will host it! lol

I don't agree that TVs would dumb the experience down. At best they'll be for park announcements. And besides, everyone looks out the windows the entire time anyway.

Park announcements would be one thing.....but it wont be simple guides...like another poster said Disney will not miss a chance to advertise....it will be a constant buzz of advertisements seperated perhaps by a moment or two of actual times and information. With this in mind I will stick with my original assessment. We will have to agree to disagree....

mp2bill

Interesting. I guess it depends on what will be on the TVs.

If it's advertisements for DVC, longer stays, the latest movie and so on, then booo!

But if it's things like park schedule, next stop, time, temperature, etc, then that's not a bad addition.

Agreed

blm07

Noooooooooooo! I don't care if it has park information on it! You can find that easily in the park on paper. It will most definitely play ads as well. The last thing I want in the parks are MORE TVs. What about the end of the night when everyone is tired and has headaches? Bright TV screens showing pointless garbage, and possibly audio about whatever they are trying to advertise.

I give in. Just add widescreen TVs to everything in the parks. Nobody will notice the difference. No need for scenery.

Cosmic Commando

I'd prefer AC...
I'm not sure if you followed the soap opera when the DL trains came online, but the old trains had windows that could open. The lawyers nixed this on the new trains. I actually rode an old train and a new train (I think red was the first one?) on the same trip. The old train was pretty pleasant; the new train was sweltering.

There were many problems with the DL rebuild that I don't want to repeat, but it seems like our monorail fleet is tired.

Also, has anyone started a Tronorail removal watch thread? The DVD is out, there's really no reason for them to be around anymore...

s8film40

The only place I could see these going would be in the center of each car above the seat. If they were put in the end it would block the emergency hatch exit as well as the panel that comes down to access the AC. Also when the ac condensation leaks which happens very frequently the TV's would get completely soaked with water.

COProgressFan

I'm not sure if you followed the soap opera when the DL trains came online, but the old trains had windows that could open. The lawyers nixed this on the new trains. I actually rode an old train and a new train (I think red was the first one?) on the same trip. The old train was pretty pleasant; the new train was sweltering.

There were many problems with the DL rebuild that I don't want to repeat, but it seems like our monorail fleet is tired.

The fact that brand new monorails would be built in the 2000's to be operated in southern California without a/c is just so baffling and bizarre that I still can't figure it out...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And everybody bitched when they announced that there would be projectors aimed at Cinderella Castle. :eek: :shrug:

Give it time...you will see. :wave:

As far as the argument that the monorails are too old and this will be a waste of money - a monitor and associated support equipment can easily be removed if necessary. However, by the time a new monorail fleet arrives, all this stuff will be outdated anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom