Monorail Accident

Bebimarie

There's no video or anything it's pretty much like a car you have your mirrors and trust what you can see. This was standard p[rocedure that none of us would think could ever go wrong! Th eonly

EpcotServo

Never woke up with such a smell of reality as seeing those two trains collided together.

Ohhhhh, the system. Don't let anyone or anything fool you. This just doesn't happen. Monorails just don't crash, not like this...Somewhere somebody knows about that one little bug that train had but wasn't a "problem"...that one part that needed replacing a few weeks ago, but was told not to order. I've seen how this works. That new memo that went out that said "Operate now, fix later." Somewhere somebody knows why. The Manager who was told to override something...alowing a better OHRC, therefore it'll look better on their record. I've aluded before that I've heard of these "little" things that nearly become "big" things, and let me tell you this reeks of that. But I think we'll NEVER really know why, because of the general lack of knowledge on how stuff like this works at parks. After all, it's big, it's fast, there are saftey systems. Like anything, it's assumed a crash could happen. And there's a ton of things that the public en masse will easily accept as the truth. A simple failure will likely be believed, an error here, a story there. Who knows what they'll blame, but I know for one what they won't blame: A LONG series of little cuts. Little "encorgements". A long running series of failures, that manifested here in the greatest "accident" in nearly 50 years of the system.

Somebody out there knows the whole picture. I sure hope they don't get to him. (They will)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the pilot of course.

I just hope the engineer who was like Jack Lemmon from "China Syndrome" in this story speaks out, or the Micheal Clayton working the case behind the scenes brings to light any truth about this sort of affair, if indeed this was how it occured.

Like I said, this just doesn't happen. Not like this.

tomm4004

I can't believe that the Sentinel included this in their latest update. This is what passes for journalism?

"Park guest Scott Shea, of Winter Springs, had already heard about the accident when he arrived at the park Sunday morning.

"I heard it happened at 2 a.m.," said Shea, who was visiting Walt Disney World with his family. "Just must have been due to tiredness."

What is the possible purpose of including this? Should they not be trying to get the real cause from investigators?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I can't believe that the Sentinel included this in their latest update. This is what passes for journalism?

"Park guest Scott Shea, of Winter Springs, had already heard about the accident when he arrived at the park Sunday morning.

"I heard it happened at 2 a.m.," said Shea, who was visiting Walt Disney World with his family. "Just must have been due to tiredness."

What is the possible purpose of including this? Should they not be trying to get the real cause from investigators?

Because it's the Orlando Sentinel and they suck

Main Street USA

Honestly, how many times does this have to be deleted from this thread before you have enough sense NOT to post it again.

This video shows nothing of any relevance as to how the accident may have happened. It's just creepy and inappropriate, and taken by some jacka$$ who's first idea after something like this occurs is to videotape the carnage rather than try to help.

The person who took the video has very little to NO moral fiber, and I gotta say, linking to it isn't much better.

lazyboy97o

This gets at the crux of my confusion. The video in the station indicates that the driver of Purple was still in the cab. People are shouting out to him. If the collision occurred outside the station, why would you move the train into the station? (And how would you?) If the trains are scrunched together and the driver of Purple is not (I assume) responding, would it not be ill-advised to push into the station fearing that more damage could be done to the cockpit?

This was the reason it actually made more sense to me that the move happened after evac, but again, there's no way to know right now until we have some facts.
One possibility that I have not seen mentioned, is that Pink may have been so entangled in Purple that it was able to pull forward and drag Purple along.

CaptainMichael

if u don't want to see it, don't click on it! simple as that. i love how some ppl think they own this forum.

But the people that do and the moderators they've put in charge have already removed it many times.

I will agree with everyone else that the video is eerie and made my skin crawl...:dazzle:

Main Street USA

if u don't want to see it, don't click on it! simple as that. i love how some ppl think they own this forum.
Listen, genius. It's been deleted by moderators that DO "own" this forum....several times. That's all you need to know to know it doesn't belong here. Period.

And whether someone like you thinks so or not, it is VERY MUCH in bad taste to post that pointless video.

nyfrenchy

Honestly, how many times does this have to be deleted from this thread before you have enough sense NOT to post it again.

This video shows nothing of any relevance as to how the accident may have happened. It's just creepy and inappropriate, and taken by some jacka$$ who's first idea after something like this occurs is to videotape the carnage rather than try to help.

The person who took the video has very little to NO moral fiber, and I gotta say, linking to it isn't much better.

Multi angle video of the crash

RHeath2

Never woke up with such a smell of reality as seeing those two trains collided together.

Ohhhhh, the system. Don't let anyone or anything fool you. This just doesn't happen. Monorails just don't crash, not like this...Somewhere somebody knows about that one little bug that train had but wasn't a "problem"...that one part that needed replacing a few weeks ago, but was told not to order. I've seen how this works. That new memo that went out that said "Operate now, fix later." Somewhere somebody knows why. The Manager who was told to override something...alowing a better OHRC, therefore it'll look better on their record. I've aluded before that I've heard of these "little" things that nearly become "big" things, and let me tell you this reeks of that. But I think we'll NEVER really know why, because of the general lack of knowledge on how stuff like this works at parks. After all, it's big, it's fast, there are saftey systems. Like anything, it's assumed a crash could happen. And there's a ton of things that the public en masse will easily accept as the truth. A simple failure will likely be believed, an error here, a story there. Who knows what they'll blame, but I know for one what they won't blame: A LONG series of little cuts. Little "encorgements". A long running series of failures, that manifested here in the greatest "accident" in nearly 50 years of the system.

Somebody out there knows the whole picture. I sure hope they don't get to him. (They will)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the pilot of course.

I just hope the engineer who was like Jack Lemmon from "China Syndrome" in this story speaks out, or the Micheal Clayton working the case behind the scenes brings to light any truth about this sort of affair, if indeed this was how it occured.

Like I said, this just doesn't happen. Not like this.

Hadn't posted in this thread yet, but I feel compelled to after reading what you wrote.

First, I feel terrible for the operator and his family, as well as all the other CMs working and those who were called to the scene. I also feel bad for the guests who witnessed it/were in it, as well as all those who were involved. May God be with all of them.

But now, to branch further on what E.Servo said, I've been surprised that no one has mentioned any blame at the higher-up level yet. Knowing that the management down in Orlando has received quite a bit of criticism for decisions relating to operations, especially from these boards, I wondered why no one else had brought up this point. Apart from the other safety issues that will need to be addressed, will this cause some shakeup in the higher-ups down in Lake Buena Vista?

But most important is what is in the bold.

MGMBoy

Procedural question, if you're moving a train from EPCOT to Express does the operator get in the cabin on the Contemporary side or Poly side?

WDW Monorail

It most certainly does.

I'm not questioning The Mom's decisions to remove the link but it provides clues as to what happened, and where.
Call me immoral but I may have photographed it as well, had I been there.

WDW Monorail

Hadn't posted in this thread yet, but I feel compelled to after reading what you wrote.

First, I feel terrible for the operator and his family, as well as all the other CMs working and those who were called to the scene. I also feel bad for the guests who witnessed it/were in it, as well as all those who were involved. May God be with all of them.

But now, to branch further on what E.Servo said, I've been surprised that no one has mentioned any blame at the higher-up level yet. Knowing that the management down in Orlando has received quite a bit of criticism for decisions relating to operations, especially from these boards, I wondered why no one else had brought up this point. Apart from the other safety issues that will need to be addressed, will this cause some shakeup in the higher-ups down in Lake Buena Vista?

But most important is what is in the bold.

"Blame it on the managers" is a very poor, but often used excuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom