Moms panel is open!

TwoTigersMom

I've had Merf on my ignore list for quite some time now, but judging from the quotes I see here from him, he hasn't changed much.:rolleyes:

Who's Merf? :lookaroun

Anyway, I think this is a good idea. It will take some time, but eventually it will be a good resource for visitors new to WDW.

EpcotServo

My favorite? the one that says that Wonders of Life is usually open in the summer...
:hammer:

I do agree that it's a nice idea...it just feels like a kick in the rear to me because they don't let REAL regular people comment, post, or discuss.

You know we "crazy fans" can give good advice too.
:brick:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Does anybody know if they actually went to any training and what were the requirements if any to become a panelist. I am not trying to be negative, I think it is a great idea that is actually santioned by Disney. Just wondering how these panelists were prepared and I am assuming they just log on and answer questions at will or are questions assigned to them...Just curious

Yes, they all went through a multi-round screening process and the 12 winners were treated to a trip to Disney for several days for training and touring.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Random person posting to the mom panel: Dear mom panel, I heard that the big ball in epcot place just reopened. What did they do?

"crazy fan" answering on the mom panel: Pffft OMG... they TOTALLY ruined the ending! The descent... the part you are backwards on = awful. They have some stupid Jetsons cartoon now.. and you can see parts of the ride structure. *sigh* I wish they would bring back Horizons and Food Rocks.
BTW... its Spaceship Earth, and Epcot (formerly EPCOT Center) n00b!

Hmmm... maybe not a good idea. :lol::lookaroun

imamouse

I asked a question and received this canned response:

Thanks for submitting your question!
You’ll receive an email if your question is answered.

In the meantime, be sure to use the “Search” feature above or browse the site through the topics to the left to see if a similar question and answer have already been posted.

We'll see how long it takes for that email to arrive.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cool idea for a resource. Flipping through it, however, I've noticed a few inaccuracies that could potentially lead to guest situations, like this one: http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?where=home&sort=&page=4&qid=450&pid=46&cid=107
It claims that Capt. Jack Sparrow is in the Disney Dreams Come True Parade, which he's not, and doesn't mention Capt. Jack's Pirate Tutorial. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out in time, though. Other than that, there's some good, practical information on there for first-time Guests.
I noticed that as well. About all we can do at this point as good helpful Disney fans is give the incorrect advice a 1 rating. Hopefully in the future there will be some way for us to send the mods a heads up.

BruceWayne

facepalmli9.jpg

I also like how they recommend the most expensive resorts.

surprisingly, the most expensive resorts are the best. not everyone wants to stay at a cheap, over crowded, loud, dirty, nasty cafeteria having hotel, which is also 20 minutes from everything.

boardwalk is the best, the yacht and beach, then the gf.

you people hate on the people who recommend the expensive hotels but then cry and whine when people say something negative about the places you stay.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
If anything, i hope Disney realizes where the lackings in their product offerings are from this - like i hope someone with power actually looks at what gets posted.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Dear Moms Panel,

My precious snowflake is deathly afraid of zucchini. Do any restaurants at Disney serve zucchini? If so, which ones and in what dishes? Really only sliced, diced, or whole zucchini are a problem - soups or purees are not as they're not readily recognizeable as zucchini. Thanks in advance for the help!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think this is a smart idea on Disney's part, in spirit. But I'm sort of shocked at the plentiful spelling and grammatical errors, particularly from the panelists. As an "official" resource, it seems a bit unprofessional to allow so many typos to slip by without correction.

Given that Disney spent so much time/effort training these folks, one would think they'd make sure these kinds of basic errors would not happen.

This may be nitpicky of me, but it's a pet peeve.

(Also, hi, been lurking here for years and never posted before now.)

Hello new person!

Anyone who gives Figment pie is OK in my book, welcome!

Sam02

For the most I thought the answers were pretty decent. There were some that threw me for a :veryconfu. One person asked how far in advance you can book dinner and entertainment reservations. The answer was 190 days and during busy seasons you would want to book sooner than that. The moderator did say 180 was for the dinner reservations though. Overall a very confusing answer b/c there was never a direct answer to the posters question.

Now to ask you guys (I trust you so much more), what can you book 190 days in advance? Or is there anything you can book that far in advance?

EPCOT Explorer

Here we go with the anti-Merf brigade again, this is tiresome.
I know...Can we leave him alone?He is expressing his oppinion.It's Legal,ya know.
My favorite? the one that says that Wonders of Life is usually open in the summer...

I do agree that it's a nice idea...it just feels like a kick in the rear to me because they don't let REAL regular people comment, post, or discuss.

LOL...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
mousermerf said:
Well, you enjoy your lunch at Sunshine Terrace at Epcot, and be sure to rent a car from the airport like one panelist suggests (yeah, rather then the one on disney property which costs less).
Meh, that is one person's opinion. One that I happen to agree with. I'm not sure the details of renting a car on property, but why waste the potential time of Magic Express and then rent a car, when you can do it at the airport?

My wife and I don't use Magical Express because it eats up an enormous time of our vacation. I'd rather pay extra for a rental at the airport and add effectively 3 hours on both ends of my vacation.

psst. the Sunshine Terrace is in The Magic Kingdom. :wave:

jakeman

psst. the Sunshine Terrace is in The Magic Kingdom. :wave:
If this was directed at me, I wasn't disputing the accuracy of the first part. I was only commenting on the opinion of the "mom" that renting a car at the airport was easier.

Sorry if I did not make my response to the quote clear enough.

imamouse

I just realize that the canned response I received said "if your question is answered you will receive an email." IF? So some questions are not worthy of a response?

A lot of the people picked for the forum are regular posters on..umm, other major disney website's boards...that also spend a lot (read: way too much) time discussing every minute detail of what's going on at the parks. So I don't have a problem with this board, in theory.

What I do object to is the name (disneymoms?!?! come on - because only moms plan trips to disney? There is only one man on the panel, and everyone on the panel is a parent. Are they going to make a separate forum for people planning trips that DON'T involve kids?)
I also don't like the fact that you have to know the forum exists in order to find it - I went through disney.go.com, to travel, to walt disney world, to the site map, and nowhere on there did I see a link to the forum - and I was looking for it. The disney site is always difficult to navigate, but how do they expect to get traffic from people that don't know anything about Disney if they can't find the forum unless they are looking for it?

I think this is a good idea in theory, but there are definitely some kinks they'll have to work out...I hope they pay attention to the ratings on the answers and that people take the time to rate answers that are incorrect, out of date, or don't actually answer the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom