Modifications to the Jungle Cruise

tonythetigerasn

Original Poster
i think that the cave could be turned into a temple,one of the scenes could be a seramonial hall with tribesmen chanting and stuff.

one idea i had when thinking of this is a sort of great movie ride style extra cast memeber character coming in.
ok heres my idea,there is this big hall in the cave right with the men chanting and whatnot.
now the skipper could say something funny about him really wanting to be out of here,when the engine cuts out.we then hear a mans voice from the shadows saying something like "you should leave right now" he steps onto view revieling he is skipper dan from the cue line audio track (the one who reports the attacking tribesmen before his radio cuts out)his clothes are ripped and dirty and he looks worse for wear.
he then jumps on too the boat and the skipper says "and what are you doing?" and he says "well your not leaveing me here" this argument could go on for a minute or so until we hear a roar from the tiger, the skippers panic and kick the boat to start in up.
we then set off past a very realistic new AA of a tiger that swipes at the boat, all this time the skippers could be like a comedy double act,cracking funny jokes and such and this could keep going until you reach the "head salesman" guy,where there is a newly built jetty,this is where the 2nd skipper gets off and we pull into dock.

anyway its a rough idea but with a little disney magic and humour i think it could work.

That's a cool idea, and I definitely agree more interaction between stuff outside the boat and stuff inside the boat is needed. Right now, we ride through with very little interaction besides our tour guide and the natives. I would like to see something interactive, but I think your idea might not be too cost-effective. We're talking an extra cast member added on to every boat that goes on the ride, for quite a bit of the ride experience. A comedy duo could be cool, but how much more could the duo accomplish than the regular driver? Interaction would be good, but it seems pointless to have the extra cast member get on.

lewisc

I thought I heard the same thing but it might have just been a post on an internet site.

I think some attractions/areas are "banked" for future use. The old 20K eyesore. JC might be in that category.

I heard a while back that, due to Animal Kingdom's being in place now, with real animals, the Jungle Cruise ride may be considered obsolete and that space could be used for some newer ride.

Just pure Class D rumor.

:)

darthjohnny

I do like the cave, but I just think it's underused. For the only opportunity on the whole ride, Disney puts guests into a show building. Once inside a building, guests could be transported to virtually any world seamlessly by creative imagineering. Once inside, Disney has complete control over the ride experience; however, we merely see a tiger and some other amateur AAs and lighting. I would like wayyyyyyyyy more to be done inside.

I'm not sure if I'd like new stuff in the cave.

Yes, before many castmembers just used to sit in silence while the boat cruised through the cave.

But now, more cast members are using the cave as added opportunity for jokes.

JCBarbie

It's green.

I'd like to see both versions (DL and MK) get some better/realistic AAs. I think it would be more impressive to see the animals actually moving, instead of just standing there motionless. Look at the time we live in, it's time to upgrade.

They aren't real animatronics. They are run on numaric air pressure so they only can do one motion. They don't have that *magic* fluid inside of them because they didn't want that stuff in the river which goes to the seven seas lagoon which leads to lake mary OR at least that is what I was told.

* I wish the JC water was green then ^_^

CThaddeus

I wish the water was a delicate shade of mauve with just a hint of periwinkle...and it should smell of strawberries and waffles.

Nicole220

I wish the water was a delicate shade of mauve with just a hint of periwinkle...and it should smell of strawberries and waffles.
:lol:

That's how the Rivers of America should smell. When the mist screens are going during Fantasmic, it smells! :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom