Moderately Indecisive...

IWant2GoNow

I'm going to book a week in early June for SWW and I'm trying to stay at a resort I've never been to before. I generally go with the money-saving value resorts but I'm bumping us up to Moderate this year. I've been to both POR and POFQ, and I stayed at a cabin out in FW also. We're trying to decide between Caribbean Beach Resort & Coronado Springs and I wanted to get everyone's opinion. All aspects if you choose to... how the buses run, food courts, cleanliness, serenity... whatever you decide to post I knew this would be THE place to get a good source of info. Thanks to any and all who respond! :wave:

SMS55

Honestly if you are like me value might be the way to go. We barely spend any time in our room. We are in the parks the whole time, with a little time at Downtown Disney. We are so tired when we come back we are not going to enjoy the room. For us the room serves only to shower and sleep. In the summer we might hang around the pool but once again we are out of the room again. The only thing I hate about value resorts is the buses are the farthest away from the park exits.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

Ive stayed at CBR before when my kids were little just to get a pirate room. Wow we walked a long, long way to the main house from our room in June. While i thought it was a nice place my home is still POR. We will be back home on June 8. Cant wait....soooo excited!!!!! :p

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. Microwaves are available at check in only upon request.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool. The also have movies, campfire and activities at the main pool area on a daily schedule.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

MarkTwain

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. Microwaves are available at check in only upon request.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool. The also have movies, campfire and activities at the main pool area on a daily schedule.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

This. Perhaps I care a little too much about atmosphere, but IMO Coranado has one that would rival of some of the deluxe hotels.

Upvote 0

DisneyArb

Between those two, Coronado Springs, without question. The only negative comment I have about staying there is that our room was by one of the pools and one night a bunch of the conventioners who were staying there were quite drunk and quite loud until the early hours of the morning. However, that can easily be avoided by staying in a room that doesn't overlook the pool.

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

We just got back from a week stay at Coronado springs and it was fan-flipping-tastic, with its free wifi in the rooms, free microwave, big fridge, big pillow top comfy beds, we will be staying there again and again, not to mention the pool slide is awesome. The food at the food court is the best food I have had at a food court ever and we have stayed from value rooms all the way up to deluxe villas.

We had a quiet pool room view and had no issue with noise, but of course as with any resort it always depends on who is staying around you. I prefer that the hotel is a convention hotel because the were more buisness adults walking around than kids.

go for the coronado, you will not be disapointed!

Also, we were told by a manager that in 2 weeks the Pepper Market will be a buffet for B,L and D not just B and L...and will be staying that way. We were glad to hear it because the buffet was fantastic!

BUZZ...wanted to say thank you for your great website! It was so helpful to me this year!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Our very first trip to WDW we stayed at CBR and we did not care for it....but it was back in 1996. We have stayed twice at CSR and really like it. Matter of fact I will checking in there in 62 days for a quick 4 day trip. As others has said you get some deluxe qualities for a MOD $$$.

Upvote 0

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the reviews! Keep them coming. I'll be booking in a week or so, but it looks like CSR is the way to go from everyone's comments. Thanks again!

:D

Upvote 0

Philhar-Fanatic

We stayed at CBR our 1st trip to the World. We had nothing to compare it to and it just wasn't imressive. The pool area was neat but it left us looking for something new for our next trip which landed us at the POFQ and we LOVED it! Next trip we chose to stay value at the POP and LOVED it too. This year it's POP again. We won't ever stay at CBR again. Like I said there was nothing particularly wrong with it but it just was mmeehhhhh :shrug:. We have been looking into the CSR and next time we stay moderate we're pretty sure that will be our choice. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Can't comment on CSR but we loved CBR. We requested a room in the Jamaica or Aruba building near the footbridge which is less than a 5 minute walk to the food court and main pool. For us, the deciding factor was the atmosphere. We prefer beach atmosphere to CSR's theming. We loved hanging out on the hammocks on the beach and hearing the steel drum music throughout the resort. Can't comment on buses because we had a rental car.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I dont recall the pricing on the breakfast but I can tell you it was GREAT!!!! I liked it better than other buffets as the food is still plated by the servers and handed to you so it is cleaner than the type of buffet that is just out for people to take from.
Coronado Springs is totally my choice, between atmosphere, the queen beds, the food choices, etc, it is a no brainer to me. Have a great trip!
Marie

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We are going in May for SWW! My 10 year old is so excited! I have stayed at both resorts you are looking into several times and CSR is by far my favorite!!! Both are huge resorts, but I feel like CSR has nicer rooms, the food court offers more options, and everything is centrally located at El Centro at CSR. Always felt like the buses ran smoothly at CSR too. We always got on and off at the main stop at El Centro, as it is the last stop before going to the parks and the 1st when returning back to the resort.

Highly recommend that you request a room in either the Cabanas or Casitas, as they are the closest to El Centro.

Upvote 0
I can't compare the CSR to the CBR, but we've stayed at POR before. We were the type that wanted try something new each time but we stayed at the CSR on our last trip and needless to say, when we booked this trip that's where we wanted to stay again.

We love CSR! We like the way that it's planned out, the Pepper Market is better than a lot of the TS restaurants on the property (the coffee is AMAZING). The pool is beautiful and relaxing and the grounds are beautiful!

We stayed in the Cabanas and have requested that again. That area is close to El Centro and I think that there is a bus stop right next to building 8A.

We were there during Thanksgiving 2010 and even with all of the crowds the resort didn't feel crowded at all. I could go on, but you get the idea....

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

I just didn't like CSR. Most times we stay at POR RS. We really like Pop. We loved AKL, and of course the Floridian. Do not like any of the All Star. I don't know what it was about CSR, but it just didn't feel very 'Disney' to us. Perhaps it was b/c our building was so far from the main building. We had some mobility issues, so we had to drive if we wanted a 'quick' cofee or meal. The main pool wasn't too far of a walk, though. A few questions I had at check in/concierge, I felt the cast members were rather abrasive, not helpful at all. I hated the Pepper Market. We were supposed to be served drinks with our meals, but never were, all 3 times we were there for a meal. I ended up getting them myself, and being yelled at for doing so. The beds were really comfy, and I liked the sliding doors @ the sink area. Overall, I would never stay there again or reccomend it. I guess it's just a very personal preference, and what you are 'used to'. For a mod I would say POR RS Alligator Bayou section--it's our fave! I hear they have upgraded to queen beds as well. My kids just love Pop, so next time I'll just save the $$ for some nice meals!

Upvote 0

ibelievenmagic

We stayed at CSR in 2010, my husband and I enjoyed our stay. The beds are fabulous and the rooms are very nice. We really enjoyed relaxing in the hammock in the beach area the hot tub is a great place to talk to other visitors. We did do a lot of walking at the resort as it is very spread out though we didn't mind the walk. The buses were great, we rarely waited more than 10 minutes to get on our bus and the routes are clearly marked. I am heading to CBR in June with a friend, we decided on CBR because we both love the beach theme so we shall see...I find that we spent a decent amount of time in our room with afternoon breaks so the decor and comfortable beds were a major plus in our book. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Disney05

The only mod resort I've stayed at is CSR. It's a beautiful resort. Recently renovated rooms are very nice. The place is large so if you're not a fan of walking, you may end up complaining about it. We've only had good experiences there over the years.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom