Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Timothy_Q

If all these plans end up happening it'll mean every single original revival era wdas movie (2009-2016) will have gotten a ride in a Disney park somewhere

Princess and the Frog: Tiana's Bayou Adventure
Tangled: Rapunzel's Lantern Festival, Raiponce Tangled Spin
Wreck it Ralph: TDL's Buzz retheme
Frozen: Frozen Ever After, Frozen Journey, Oaken's Sliding Sleighs
Big Hero 6: Baymax Happy Ride
Zootopia: Zootopia Hot Pursuit
Moana: MK boat ride

Like most fans I don't enjoy Disney's current over reliance on IP, but on the other hand I appreciate how quickly they managed to get this new era of great movies into the parks, especially when most 90s movies still don't have rides

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

Dude seriously keep your frustrations in the correct thread.
1717278550175.gif

BrianLo

Not only that, but another DVC property too. Enough is enough, literally.

It's definitely not enough, they won't just let the product run out while it still sells.

DVC will eventually reach the end of the line, but that date is 2037/8 or so for its last new addition. They need about 3 more Riviera sized standalone DVC resorts or 4-5 more Poly towers to run out their 50 years worth of offerings. Independent of Disneyland.

A gated hotel at Magic Kingdom though would definitely be exciting news for many people.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It's definitely not enough, they won't just let the product run out while it still sells.

DVC will eventually reach the end of the line, but that date is 2037/8 or so for its last new addition. They need about 3 more Riviera sized standalone DVC resorts or 4-5 more Poly towers to run out their 50 years worth of offerings. Independent of Disneyland.

A gated hotel at Magic Kingdom though would definitely be exciting news for many people.
For WDW? Or Disneyland included. It's hard to imagine what's there beyond Reflections other than a Hollywood Studios resort or entrance resort near Epcot which I ever doubt. An entrance resort to Magic Kingdom would be shocking. A second Baylake Tower wouldn't surprise me lol at this point. 😂

BrianLo

For WDW. They can sell about or up to 2 million WDW points a year - but there’s large variation in that. There’s about 4.5 million outstanding with the cabins and Riviera. 4-5 million forthcoming with the Poly Tower.

So they’ll need up to another 25 million points beyond that of inventory more or less by 2042, until those old original resort contracts lapse. Riviera is 6.7m for example. Bay Lake Tower 5.7, the original Grand Flo DVC tower was only 2.5.

There’s an endpoint, but just to highlight there is still more to come.

dreamfinding

For WDW. They can sell about or up to 2 million WDW points a year - but there’s large variation in that. There’s about 4.5 million outstanding with the cabins and Riviera. 4-5 million forthcoming with the Poly Tower.

So they’ll need up to another 25 million points beyond that of inventory more or less by 2042, until those old original resort contracts lapse. Riviera is 6.7m for example. Bay Lake Tower 5.7, the original Grand Flo DVC tower was only 2.5.

There’s an endpoint, but just to highlight there is still more to come.
What’s the first DVC resort to “expire” in terms of contracts - OKW or Boardwalk?

I wonder how many potential points Reflections has/had.

nickys

Premium Member
What’s the first DVC resort to “expire” in terms of contracts - OKW or Boardwalk?

I wonder how many potential points Reflections has/had.
Beach club villas
Boardwalk villas
Boulder Ridge
Old Key West *
Hilton Head
Vero Beach

All expire 31st Jan 2042.
* OKW has 2 expiration dates.

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder what the realistic resort expansion plan is. Is Reflections going to happen?
After the disaster of the Cabins, my view is that Reflections will be a separate, maybe a hybrid resort.

If they make it part of the Cabins at FW the maintenance fees alone means it won’t sell either.

So there could be a reciprocal arrangement for sharing facilities but two associations. Like CCV & BRV.

dreamfinding

After the disaster of the Cabins, my view is that Reflections will be a separate, maybe a hybrid resort.

If they make it part of the Cabins at FW the maintenance fees alone means it won’t sell either.

So there could be a reciprocal arrangement for sharing facilities but two associations. Like CCV & BRV.

They can’t even sell Riviera right now, much less Cabins at FW. What is the plan?

SilentWindODoom

Honestly, I would think a resort that lets out into a park would be easiest in EPCOT. Just theme it after a country and have it come in through that World Showcase Pavilion.

Okay, I've looked at the satellite images and did not realize just how hemmed in the Showcase is. That being said, there are possibilities...

Something compact in the back to the West of the fire station that could be built with the water travelling beneath it or just have entry travel over it and themed to Morocco, Japan, or Colonial America. They would need to build parking structures to service Boardwalk, though.

Something behind of Norway themed to Frozen or Scandinavia seems like something they'd absolutely love to do and would make a haul on. But it would take a lot of moving around and re-hiding backstage.

And of course there's the outpost, which could build a new pavilion from the ground-up alongside the resort or could be used to build a resort that connects to Germany based around fantasy/Princesses and Heroes. While either would be cool, I hate this option because the former can't be African themed with Animal Kingdom Lodge already in existence and I don't want to lose the Outpost without gaining an African pavilion and the latter would lose us an expansion without giving us a new nation like already happened in Norway and France.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom