Moana 2 (Disney Animation - November 2024)

Phroobar

I don’t fully agree that this looks direct to video. It looks like a teaser trailer that pointedly makes call backs, but there’s a few new locations and beasts hinted at already.

Which by all means the jury is still out of this is going to feel coherently a worthy sequel with good music. But it doesn’t feel ‘off model’ to me per say, it feels like a Moana adventure so far.
It is definitely not "off model" but is she still adorkable like last time? I see no improvements on animation. Like Inside Out 2, it just looks the same.

BrianLo

It is definitely not "off model" but is she still adorkable like last time? I see no improvements on animation. Like Inside Out 2, it just looks the same.

Those are both fairly recent films though. We can parse things but I'm not sure I'd be able to notice a difference either. It looks good to me, if it looked worse I'd take issue, but I don't think it does.

Phroobar

Those are both fairly recent films though. We can parse things but I'm not sure I'd be able to notice a difference either. It looks good to me, if it looked worse I'd take issue, but I don't think it does.
It definitely doesn't look worst. Just the same. The teaser isn't exciting outside of "We're back!"

After all the recent failures does Disney really need "more of the same"? I think Inside Out2 should give us a better indication of how this will do.

Miss Rori

It definitely doesn't look worst. Just the same. The teaser isn't exciting outside of "We're back!"

After all the recent failures does Disney really need "more of the same"? I think Inside Out2 should give us a better indication of how this will do.
Poking around Bluesky some people are excited based on this teaser, but a lot others aren't precisely because it has a "been there, done that" feel. And in a year when "been there, done that" isn't getting people into theaters in most cases, the odd Godzilla X Kong or Kung Fu Panda 4 aside, that's not a good omen (much less a first omen :p).

I know the Wicked - Part One trailer bothers people for giving the whole game away and not focusing enough on the music, but at least it really pushes the visuals and the prospect of the show finally being up on the big screen. It definitely gives the feel of an event movie more than the Moana 2 teaser does.

doctornick

Poking around Bluesky some people are excited based on this teaser, but a lot others aren't precisely because it has a "been there, done that" feel. And in a year when "been there, done that" isn't getting people into theaters in most cases, the odd Godzilla X Kong or Kung Fu Panda 4 aside, that's not a good omen (much less a first omen :p).

Quite frankly, I think "been there, done that" is a much better play for Disney at this point in time than trying to do something completely different for a sequel.

Miss Rori

Quite frankly, I think "been there, done that" is a much better play for Disney at this point in time than trying to do something completely different for a sequel.
Yeah, but it might have been to the teaser's benefit had the clip introduced one or two of the new characters and settings and make it clear that it's not just a retread of the first film (or of, for that matter, Frozen II's similar quest narrative).

Phroobar

It won't. It's going to be the only film this year to make more than a billion dollars.
iu

TsWade2

Geez! Everybody is being evil. Seeing Wish being a flop is bad enough! If Moana 2 flops, it's the end of WDAS!🥺

It won't. It's going to be the only film this year to make more than a billion dollars.
You're evil! You just want Disney to die! You're as bad as WDWPro! :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom