Moana 2 (Disney Animation - November 2024)

Ghost93

I have a bad feeling about the trailer. The facial animation for Moana seems off and there didn't seem to be anything NEW in the trailer. They just rehashed the iconic imagery from the first film. They didn't even highlight any of the new music —just reused bits from the successful first film, which makes me wonder if the new music won't compare.

The whole thing just gives me direct-to-video sequel vibes. Hope I'm proven wrong.

wtyy21

I have a bad feeling about the trailer. The facial animation for Moana seems off and there didn't seem to be anything NEW in the trailer. They just rehashed the iconic imagery from the first film. They didn't even highlight any of the new music —just reused bits from the successful first film, which makes me wonder if the new music won't compare.

The whole thing just gives me direct-to-video sequel vibes. Hope I'm proven wrong.
Well, the new original music from Moana 2 isn't revealed yet. I suspected the new original music for this sequel may be revealed during D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event in Anaheim from August 9 until 11. From that event, we may see further details of the sequel, including its new soundtrack specifically used for the film.

Tha Realest

Well, the new original music from Moana 2 isn't revealed yet. I suspected the new original music for this sequel may be revealed during D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event in Anaheim from August 9 until 11. From that event, we may see further details of the sequel, including its new soundtrack specifically used for the film.
Maybe they haven’t recorded it yet

In the Parks
No
It's definitely always going to have the "meant to be a TV-show" haze around it, no matter what changes they made. Iger's instincts have been correct in the past, but they've also been very wrong sometimes. It will be successful riding on the coattails of the first one, but the quality will almost certainly be quite inferior.

Surferboy567

It's definitely always going to have the "meant to be a TV-show" haze around it, no matter what changes they made. Iger's instincts have been correct in the past, but they've also been very wrong sometimes. It will be successful riding on the coattails of the first one, but the quality will almost certainly be quite inferior.
I mean let’s see…if not for nothing it’s beautifully animated. Not much to go off now but I can’t say what they have shown so far doesn’t look at least appealing. Moana is among the best of the modern Disney movies in my opinion so I have elevated expectations.

I also get the sneaking suspicion I’m going to see a lot of it at D23.

Tha Realest

I mean let’s see…if not for nothing it’s beautifully animated. Not much to go off now but I can’t say what they have shown so far doesn’t look at least appealing. Moana is among the best of the modern Disney movies in my opinion so I have elevated expectations.

I also get the sneaking suspicion I’m going to see a lot of it at D23.
It’s up there with Tangled, Soul, and Luca for my favorites of the last decade.

That said, I feel like this one will be coming in hot. Not hearing much of any new music and they’re still doing voice work.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

It’s a teaser not a full trailer. So they aren’t going to have new music. I wouldn’t even be surprised if they don’t reveal the new music until right before release, or as someone said D23. As for the imagery again it’s a teaser, it’s just mean to tease just enough to wet the appetite to be hungry for more when the full trailer is released.

Phroobar

I agree. I wonder why they changed the Moana asset. She looks a little older. Everything else looks the same. Just like Inside Out 2, there is nothing new here.

BrianLo

I don’t fully agree that this looks direct to video. It looks like a teaser trailer that pointedly makes call backs, but there’s a few new locations and beasts hinted at already.

Which by all means the jury is still out of this is going to feel coherently a worthy sequel with good music. But it doesn’t feel ‘off model’ to me per say, it feels like a Moana adventure so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom