Rumor MNSSHP Updates

Scrooged

I missed the fireworks when I went last year, so I hope to see them this year. Otherwise- I'd love to see more ride overlays. But please leave "Deep Space Mountain" for the Halloween party. That was by far the highlight of the night along with the Parade for me and my fam. Then again-I've only had the luxury of attending once, so I'm not as used to it as some.

Squishy

I like the colored LED lights along frontierland but when the parade starts they turn on the flood lights which outshines the LED lights in some areas :mad:

draybook

I wonder if they’ll still include the perimeter fireworks.

IMO “old” Hallowishes is superior to HEA (which I don’t really care for).

Kman101

True. But people keep mentioning how these few hundred crowd out an event that holds thousands or tens of thousands. Thus my usual query: Just how many do you think there are?

lol. True. But how many do you think there are? Have you perused YouTube to see all the vloggers? It's quite a few. And not to mention the vloggers from the sites we cannot name, etc. The real point is, it adds up. And many wouldn't be there if not invited by Disney. Do I think it's in the thousands? lol, no. But hundreds? It's sure possible.

Kman101

Don’t forget Maleficent 2 ;)

I'm trying.

Man Disney has way too many live action films in the works.

I find it a bit much this year to be releasing Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King, not to mention Star Wars, Avengers ... I know they have the same, yet different audiences, but it's just a lot.

Like Christopher Robin and Poppins Returns last year. Neither made the massive mark they wanted. They weren't failures though.

Thelazer

What's the current status of MNSSHP regarding Disney's "care" level? I remember, years ago, they cut things like the giant inflatables and the lights on MSUSA were getting washed out and I sort of checked out out on the party. I think the Hocus Pocus show was pretty well-received? If the overlays and new fireworks are good, I may consider it again.

Main Street is now lit all with LED's, it's very bright.

As to the other items, I can't say.

Kman101

FWIW, I agree that Hallowishes is superior to HEA. But, then again, I think Wishes is superior to HEA. So I guess I'm in the minority. HEA is a very technically advanced show, and the projections are impressive, but it lacks the emotional punch of Wishes and I don't care for the music at all.

We all have our personal preferences :)

It was time for a change. IMHO. That doesn't mean HalloWishes wasn't good and I didn't enjoy it, I did. A new fireworks show, for me, has me considering a ticket again for this year. I personally preferred the other castle show for the Christmas party, but I really do like the new one ... I honestly just miss the opening song "Celebrate The Season". Anyway ... we all have our preferences LOL

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
lol. True. But how many do you think there are? Have you perused YouTube to see all the vloggers? It's quite a few. And not to mention the vloggers from the sites we cannot name, etc. The real point is, it adds up. And many wouldn't be there if not invited by Disney. Do I think it's in the thousands? lol, no. But hundreds? It's sure possible.

And yet, at events where there are thousands of spots/tickets, people on these forums keep saying how these media folk are the reason why the event is full, when that can't possibly be the case because there aren't literally thousands of media folk.

wdwfan22

And yet, at events where there are thousands of spots/tickets, people on these forums keep saying how these media folk are the reason why the event is full, when that can't possibly be the case because there aren't literally thousands of media folk.

People say it because these vloggers stick out like sore thumbs. They tend to be loud and abnoxious to in my opinion. I attended opening night of last years halloween party and there were quite a few in attendance. They are also often allowed to bring guests in as well. So it’s not an exaggeration that plenty of comp tickets are offered.

wdwfan22

FWIW, I agree that Hallowishes is superior to HEA. But, then again, I think Wishes is superior to HEA. So I guess I'm in the minority. HEA is a very technically advanced show, and the projections are impressive, but it lacks the emotional punch of Wishes and I don't care for the music at all.
Everyone’s taste is different. I’m in the minority that I never thought Hallowishes was that great. The show just didn’t do anything for me. I’m hoping the new show will have a great soundtrack.

ToTBellHop

I think there is room to debate the style of Hallowishes vs. Happily Ever After for superiority (although that's a bit surprising since I find Hallowishes to be a bit of a spiritual precursor to HEA with poppy versions of Disney hits giving a concert-like feel), but there is no question that HEA is TECHNOLOGICALLY-superior and a longer show. For most guests, that means "better". I think we can all understand someone paying an extra $500 for their family to go to an "exclusive" party wants to feel like they are unequivocally seeing better entertainment. That is true of the parade (which is objectively better than the nighttime parade guests see in the park on non-party nights.....................) and the Castle Forecourt show (plus entertainment elsewhere) but, apparently to many guests, not true of the fireworks.

I don't know why Celebrate the Season doesn't get similar complaints. Perhaps it's so saccharinely-sweetly-Christmas that no one dare complain? Plus the cricket. But once MNSSHP gets new fireworks, it won't take long for guests at the other party to expect a new show.

One consideration was (gag) HEA with a Halloween tag. I don't think they are going with that.

Kman101

I think there is room to debate the style of Hallowishes vs. Happily Ever After for superiority (although that's a bit surprising since I find Hallowishes to be a bit of a spiritual precursor to HEA with poppy versions of Disney hits giving a concert-like feel), but there is no question that HEA is TECHNOLOGICALLY-superior and a longer show. For most guests, that means "better". I think we can all understand someone paying an extra $500 for their family to go to an "exclusive" party wants to feel like they are unequivocally seeing better entertainment. That is true of the parade (which is objectively better than the nighttime parade guests see in the park on non-party nights.....................) and the Castle Forecourt show (plus entertainment elsewhere) but, apparently to many guests, not true of the fireworks.

I don't know why Celebrate the Season doesn't get similar complaints. Perhaps it's so saccharinely-sweetly-Christmas that no one dare complain? Plus the cricket. But once MNSSHP gets new fireworks, it won't take long for guests at the other party to expect a new show.

One consideration was (gag) HEA with a Halloween tag. I don't think they are going with that.

All of this is true. We can all debate back and forth about the shows, but to the average guest, HEA is better to them. Why shouldn't they get a high tech fireworks show with projections after paying over $100 to get in to a party? Again, I applaud the guests complaining in this case.

And I agree, once they see the new Halloween fireworks they'll do the same for the Christmas version.

And ew at the idea of just a tag at the end of HEA. I'm glad that's not what they're doing. Guests wouldn't have put up with that either, IMO.

brb1006

I'm trying.

Man Disney has way too many live action films in the works.

I find it a bit much this year to be releasing Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King, not to mention Star Wars, Avengers ... I know they have the same, yet different audiences, but it's just a lot.

Like Christopher Robin and Poppins Returns last year. Neither made the massive mark they wanted. They weren't failures though.
They are also remaking "Lady and the Tramp" that's exclusive to Disney Plus.

JustInTime

What's the current status of MNSSHP regarding Disney's "care" level? I remember, years ago, they cut things like the giant inflatables and the lights on MSUSA were getting washed out and I sort of checked out out on the party. I think the Hocus Pocus show was pretty well-received? If the overlays and new fireworks are good, I may consider it again.
What inflatables? It can’t be expensive to have those turned on. But I don’t ever remember seeing any besides the trick r treat stations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People say it because these vloggers stick out like sore thumbs. They tend to be loud and abnoxious to in my opinion. I attended opening night of last years halloween party and there were quite a few in attendance. They are also often allowed to bring guests in as well. So it’s not an exaggeration that plenty of comp tickets are offered.

Just how many loud and obnoxious media have you run into?

Also: moving the goal posts. After it was shown that the claim that media causes these events to be sold out is just ridiculous at face value, the goal posts have moved to:
1. there's too many​
2. they're obnoxious​
3. they bring guests!!!!!​
4. they get plenty of comps.​

First of all, points 1, 3, and 4 are another form of their numbers are soooooo many that that's a problem... somehow. How? When we've established that they can only really be a small minority of thousands or even tens of thousands of guests... how is their presence problematic once we exclude the fake news claim that they're shutting out a significant number of regular guests?

Secondly, why should their comp tickets be a problem if they're not shutting out regular guests? What's it to you that they get in free in order to do a book report to give Disney 'free' publicity?

Thirdly... they're obnoxious? Really? Super fans are more obnoxious the the regular guests many of whom have children in tow or are clueless? Just how were they obnoxious? You say they were obnoxious. You say there was quite a few. Saying there was quite a few doesn't explain how they were obnoxious. Because they were loud? Louder than other guests? Are all or most of them ""loud""?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom