MNSSHP attire - costumes or no?

plaz10

My fiance and I are heading to the world in 58 days! And I can't wait. We are definitely going to MNSSHP while we are down there. But the question is...what to wear?

We have 3 options.

1 - Costumes. We'd go all out and dress up.

2 - Halloween Gear. Wearing orange/black, buying MNSSHP shirts and wearing them or buying some Halloween themed outfits and wearing them to the party.

3 - Villain Gear. I have an Ursula Tshirt and I'd buy the fiance something villain to wear as well (if I can find some manly villain gear). Ursula is my favorite Disney character so I do want to show my love.

HELP! Which would be the better choice?

Mukta

This is what I always do. I wear my regular clothes and then put on some head gear to make it a costume. That way I am comfortable, but festive. I went as a mouse in 2011 and my friend went as a cat.
Photo0250FourBySix.jpg

Photo0250FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

Upvote 0
I girls loved wearin
Costumes- more fun! and... you won't be "ejected" from the parks for wearing them.LOL.:D
This year, DH and I are not dressing up but will be in Halloween colors. We did the dress up thing before and I'll be honest - although fun, the costume became a burden by the end of the night. It was humid and I was hot and it was too much getting into the rides. So we are just doing orange and black. Or I do have a stripped skirt, red and white and it is kind of piratey so I might do that. We shall see.

Upvote 0
We have decided to "sort of" dress up. So I am wearing a short black maxi dress with ruffles on the bodice and black capri leggings with red ballet flats. I'm getting the new puffy fluffy Minnie ears (I have the sparkly ones) and I'm going as Minnie. DH is going to have on red shorts, a white shirt and either get Mickey ears and wear the Mickey hands (we have those already) and go as Mickey or we are going to add a Minnie apron to mine and change to a chef hat for DH and go as chef minnie and mickey. Either way, comfy, not hot, and easy. If I had more time to perfect, we would go as Remy and a Chef - next time! :)
My girls (Young teens) loved wearing the Princesses costumes I made! Granted I have the ability since being a seamstress and making costumes is a thrill for me. I have had people love the girls in costume and poeple, cast members as well love seeing this. When on a cruise once people were offering us for money($$$) for the costume right off their body. You can always deceided not to but I am sure if you dont take it you would regret it.;)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My girls (Young teens) loved wearing the Princesses costumes I made! Granted I have the ability since being a seamstress and making costumes is a thrill for me. I have had people love the girls in costume and poeple, cast members as well love seeing this. When on a cruise once people were offering us for money($$$) for the costume right off their body. You can always deceided not to but I am sure if you dont take it you would regret it.;)

Do you mean being Remy and a Chef? I have gone all out one year. Full on Mary Poppins - kids were asking for my autograph!!! I was just so hot and uncomfortable by the end. I had fun but I kind of want to be free and casual this year. :) I have a full on Queen of Hearts which is jaw dropping amazing, including the flamingo! And I was tempted! But I wouldn't ride anything bc of the hoop. :)

Upvote 0

luv

I think that if you want to dress up, you totally should! Life is short - have whatever fun you want. :)

Me...I don't dress up. It's not really my thing.

To each, his own.

Upvote 0

YoungNY

I have family trying to talk me out of it, but I'm dressing up! I'm going as Princess Tiana. I told my friend to bring a costume, knowing her she'll be a zombie. Honestly, I could care less what people think. I'm never gonna see them again and it's a Halloween party. I want to have fun and be happy. If other people have a problem with a grown woman dressin up as a Disney princess for Halloween, well that's their problem not mine.

Upvote 0

plaz10

Original Poster
Alright...we've finally decided on MNSSHP attire. And we're going with...Disney Halloween Tshirts. We were looking at costume tshirts but nothing really jumped out at us. Plus I want to use our photopass pictures for my upcoming Disney themed bridal shower and I wouldn't really want pics of us in costumes we aren't big fans of. So we went with Mickey Halloween shirts from the disney store...they were 2 for $28 and I had a $10 gift card...so 9 bucks a shirt? Definitely a good idea for the price! You guys will see them in a little after 22 days when i start my TR!

Upvote 0

draybook

I'd like to wear a costume but I'd have a heat stroke by the end of the night. I was going to go as gy this year but my wife said there can't be a Mexican gy. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Upvote 0

ILDisneyFan

I've been to MNSSHP twice and have dressed up both times! The first time I went, in 2008, I went as Marie from The Arisocats. I had a Marie headband that I got from WDW a while back, I made a t-shirt on disneystore.com with Marie on it, bought some thick light pink ribbon to tie around my neck, a white tail, wore some white capris that I already had and painted on a pink nose and whiskers. I got tons of compliments and the costume only cost me like $30. It wasn't a hot costume, was comfortable to wear and allowed me to get on and off the rides easily. I couldn't imaine having a tail all the time though, kind of a pain. LOL! Last year when we went I went as an all black cat. I wore an all black shirt, black capris, black flip-flops, bought all black cat ears, an all black tail and black cat paws. That costume only cost me like $15. I like cats though and it's usually a fairly easy and cheap costume to find. Good luck and I hope that you decide to dress up, it makes your evening so much more magical! :D

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I say go for it and dress up. You will see people do both really dress it up and then not so much. In my opinion more guest dress up on dates around the weekend then during the week. For those saying it's to hot for costumes it just depends on the date you are going, there were quite a few cool evenings last year during the party. We dressed up last year and had a ball with it.

Attachments

• halloween time.jpg
    halloween time.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

GoochDSA

Alright...we've finally decided on MNSSHP attire. And we're going with...Disney Halloween Tshirts. We were looking at costume tshirts but nothing really jumped out at us. Plus I want to use our photopass pictures for my upcoming Disney themed bridal shower and I wouldn't really want pics of us in costumes we aren't big fans of. So we went with Mickey Halloween shirts from the disney store...they were 2 for $28 and I had a $10 gift card...so 9 bucks a shirt? Definitely a good idea for the price! You guys will see them in a little after 22 days when i start my TR!

While a good amount of people do get fully dressed up, I personally feel that this is the way to go. It can be quite warm at night and from what we saw about an hour or 2 into the party some people seemed increasingly uncomfy. Last year my fiancee and I just wore Halloweenish t-shirts (she wore a Vampire Mickey shirt, I wore a Jack Skellington skull and cross-bones shirt). We were comfortable and still felt like we were contributing to the Halloween spirit (we also spent the whole day in MK to take advantage of the really small crowd, so the simple t-shirts were a no brainer for us).

Enjoy the party and a Boo to You.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom