MNSSHP attire - costumes or no?

plaz10

My fiance and I are heading to the world in 58 days! And I can't wait. We are definitely going to MNSSHP while we are down there. But the question is...what to wear?

We have 3 options.

1 - Costumes. We'd go all out and dress up.

2 - Halloween Gear. Wearing orange/black, buying MNSSHP shirts and wearing them or buying some Halloween themed outfits and wearing them to the party.

3 - Villain Gear. I have an Ursula Tshirt and I'd buy the fiance something villain to wear as well (if I can find some manly villain gear). Ursula is my favorite Disney character so I do want to show my love.

HELP! Which would be the better choice?

DisneyDebNJ

You will see guests in all of those options. A good number do dress up in full costumes.

My preference - go big, or don't bother LOL.
Yep we're doing that this year (well my son is) Buying a Captain Jack Sparrow costume, then doing Pirate's League (and he's 23) Me??? Im going as a Disney Mom LOL

Upvote 0

plaz10

Original Poster
Jess, you know you want to do costumes!!!!!!!!!!! do it! :p

You're right I totally WANT to. I also don't want to spend a fortune on a costume. We have scrubs to wear but Bill says thats not a costume for him so it doesn't count. Also scrubs are long pants which are not conducive to Florida weather. I'm trying to find a costume that won't be too hot but still be good. I'm looking to pinterest for answers...

Upvote 0

enchanted_belle

You're right I totally WANT to. I also don't want to spend a fortune on a costume. We have scrubs to wear but Bill says thats not a costume for him so it doesn't count. Also scrubs are long pants which are not conducive to Florida weather. I'm trying to find a costume that won't be too hot but still be good. I'm looking to pinterest for answers...
haha, Dan went out in his scrubs for Halloween last year... I'm thinking for when I'm down to go as either Belle or a Newsie (well, a Newsie in a skirt so I won't be in pants, but still).

you'll find something! ;)

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We're dressing up when we go, we think we're just going to wear our Crayola crayon costumes from a few years ago or get new costumes before we go and just wear them this Halloween. I say do it up and wear costumes!! :)

Upvote 0

rani8600

You should def do costumes, its so much more fun with them and the character experiences are sooo much better with them. I went last year and was the blue fairy from pinocchio. I pulled a blue dress out of my closet and bought fairy wings for 5 dollars at the party store. It doesnt have to cost a lot.

6468330497_5e7099cc22.jpg

Upvote 0

minnielaw

I think it depends on your personality. You sound like you WANT to dress up so I would recommend that you dress up but just don't go overboard. Pinterest has lots of cute Halloween costume ideas that you can make.

I do NOT feel comfortable in costume so I choose to go in just Halloweenish clothes. I still have a great time and I feel comfortable. To each their own!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think it depends on your personality. You sound like you WANT to dress up so I would recommend that you dress up but just don't go overboard. Pinterest has lots of cute Halloween costume ideas that you can make.

I do NOT feel comfortable in costume so I choose to go in just Halloweenish clothes. I still have a great time and I feel comfortable. To each their own!
Going overboard is half the fun. :D

P1130953.jpg

Upvote 0

Kev1417

i agree with everyone above.....go big or go home. it's so much fun being dressed up. You'll have more people complimenting you than anything. Plus if you are taking pictures with the characters they will eat it up if it's disney related. My wife and I (30 yrs old) have gone as pan/tink, alice/mad hatter, woody/jessie, mr and mrs potato head. trying think of one for this year. but definitely dress up. it makes for a MUCH more memorable time. Heck, if you are dishing out the money why not get all you can out of it?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My fiance and I are heading to the world in 58 days! And I can't wait. We are definitely going to MNSSHP while we are down there. But the question is...what to wear?

We have 3 options.

1 - Costumes. We'd go all out and dress up.

2 - Halloween Gear. Wearing orange/black, buying MNSSHP shirts and wearing them or buying some Halloween themed outfits and wearing them to the party.

3 - Villain Gear. I have an Ursula Tshirt and I'd buy the fiance something villain to wear as well (if I can find some manly villain gear). Ursula is my favorite Disney character so I do want to show my love.

HELP! Which would be the better choice?

This year, DH and I are not dressing up but will be in Halloween colors. We did the dress up thing before and I'll be honest - although fun, the costume became a burden by the end of the night. It was humid and I was hot and it was too much getting into the rides. So we are just doing orange and black. Or I do have a stripped skirt, red and white and it is kind of piratey so I might do that. We shall see.

Upvote 0

coltow

You will see guests in all of those options. A good number do dress up in full costumes.

My preference - go big, or don't bother LOL.
My preference is the opposite. Why travel with big costume stuff and why wear it when it's going to be HOT. Keep it simple. When we went in Sept 2009 we simply just wore Red Sox shirts. Alot of other people where in their team tshirts too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom