MNSSHP and MVMCP 2016 prices released

Disneykings

I'll still buy tickets because I want to go that badly. Espiaclly to see the Sanderson Sisters. I mean, I planned a whole trip around it. I'll pay it and Disney knows it.

We have to agree, we're coming from the UK for Halloween so not missing the party for anything. Already purchased my tickets this morning.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
People are never happy they complained to no end the parties were too crowded in 2015 so now the prices get raised to probably try to lessen the crowd levels and people are still going to complain!! :rolleyes::banghead:
If I was going to WDW this year I would still buy them as we are always there for MNSSHP or MVMCP almost every year. This is the first year we are not going in a long while but will be back next December in 2017. Less people that buy them then it's less people I will have to deal with at the parties. Haha! :joyfull::D

Yes but...

If they wanted to limit the crowds they simply just wouldn't sell as many tickets. Like the way it used to be. It was actually a limited ticketed event.

Exactly ^^^

The parties used to be far less crowded, offered far more entertainment, and cost significantly less. They have increased the amount of tickets they sell, they have cut down entertainment, and they have doubled the cost to guests. I have been banging the "it's not worth it" drum for a few years now, this just reinforces my stance.

ToTBellHop

The parties are limited to, I think, 19,000 people. An average summer day is around 55,000. 19,000 is relatively dead compared to the daytime crowds, so I don't know what people are complaining about. Even the slowest days of the year (in September) don't have numbers that low (these days).

If they wanted to wait less than 30 seconds for a ride, they could have paid $150 for the Disney After Hours events, and yet they didn't.
Your message doesn't seem to suggest you've been to a party and tried to see a parade, castle show, fireworks, or get a treat. You know, the things people are paying for. No one in his right mind is paying $100/person extra for Peter Pan's Flight.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No one in his right mind is paying $100/person extra for Peter Pan's Flight.

I actually think some people do pay for the lower lines. Are they in their right mind? eh....

The last time I went to this event and felt like I got good value might be like 2003/4ish. And short lines were last on my list of benefits. The shows, the special parade, fireworks, characters, ambiance all came in ahead of short lines. I always get short lines. FP and rope drop.

DisneyDreamer08

Just out of curiosity, why is Friday 9/23 more expensive than Friday 9/30? That's the week we are there so I'm just wondering if it's something to do with predicted crowds?

pax_65

$43 plus tax ten years ago. Most expensive option. On the night. For any night.

This was the last time we did the parties (did both Halloween and Christmas). We enjoyed them, and I'm glad we had the experience but even at that price I debated whether it was something I'd want to do over and over again. At $99 a ticket, it's not a question at all - I'm out. Hope those who go have a great time!

Brad Bishop

I hate to be that guy, but if you could sell out the parties at a higher price, why wouldn't you? Now, there's a list of reasons to say the increased price doesn't match the value, but that's a different conversation.

You're right. Why leave money on the table? If you have a party which allows (just guessing) 25,000 people but you have a line of 35,000 then you need to raise your price to thin that herd.

wdwfan22

Your message doesn't seem to suggest you've been to a party and tried to see a parade, castle show, fireworks, or get a treat. You know, the things people are paying for. No one in his right mind is paying $100/person extra for Peter Pan's Flight.

That's not true I know several people that go to the parties for the ride access. Not everyone enjoys the parades and castle shows.

jakeman

I actually think some people do pay for the lower lines. Are they in their right mind? eh....

The last time I went to this event and felt like I got good value might be like 2003/4ish. And short lines were last on my list of benefits. The shows, the special parade, fireworks, characters, ambiance all came in ahead of short lines. I always get short lines. FP and rope drop.

I used to be pleased with the parties. Not anymore.
Yep, we haven't done either of these parties in 10 years, with the exception of once in 2010 for the boy's first trip.

Their value to cost ratio for us tanked very quickly.

wendysue

That $150 grand failure many are happy about....may not have been any such thing. Maybe the data showed how much price elasticity there was and it set the new prices. I'd be curious to see how many people are "relieved" they can go in September for a few dollars less. And what will become of the "low" crowds in September? TDO genius!!

Maybe these new prices look low compared the grand failure?

There are no LOW crowds in September since they started "free" dining.

Checkitout

I remember going to the Christmas party in 2010 and it only be $45 per adult. Now for the Halloween party its $95, come on. For three extra hours, get real. I've been to Disney plenty of times and it seems now Disney is out pricing my family. We love going but for the price we are paying for everything we may have to give up on Disney for awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom