MNSSHP 2017 starts in 2 WEEKS! Are you going???

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I absolutely love Halloween, and I know there are millions of others who do as well. I would go to a Halloween party in February lol. Adding more dates allows for more Halloween fun IMO! For those who don't want to celebrate Halloween early, the October dates are still there.
Or could it be a way to force those who already have paid for park admission to have to pay even more to stay in the park they've already paid for on more dates?

Surely not.

star77kc1

Original Poster
Or could it be a way to force those who already have paid for park admission to have to pay even more to stay in the park they've already paid for on more dates?

Surely not.
I don't think they can FORCE anyone to do anything. If I didn't want to attend a party, or didn't have the funds to do so, I would pick a day to go to the MK when a party was NOT going on. It's all about planning.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't think they can FORCE anyone to do anything. If I didn't want to attend a party, or didn't have the funds to do so, I would pick a day to go to the MK when a party was NOT going on. It's all about planning.
It's all about more party nights than ever. They now outnumber the regular nights.

Ten years ago thee were two dates in September, 15 in October and one in November. And it cost 45.95 rack rate.

This year two in August, 11 in September, 18 in October and one in November. Cheapest ticket is $74.

Iger sent a remit that each park must make savings of x hundred of millions. This is one way the MK is doing it.

Last edited:

star77kc1

Original Poster
It's all about more party nights than ever. They now outnumber the regular nights.

Ten years ago thee were two dates in September, 15 in October and one in November. And it cost 45.95 rack rate.

This year two in August, 11 in September, 18 in October and one in November. Cheapest ticket is $74.

Iger sent a remit that each park must make savings of x hundred of millions. This is one way the MK is doing it.
I agree that the financial aspects of it are a shame. I do wish everything could be cheaper, and not always about money. Sometimes I have to stop and understand that just like any other company, Disney is a business, and is moved forward by money. I wish it weren't that way. I still think the Magic is still there for those who are able to see it. I think there are pros AND cons to the party being expanded. Money and business aside, I hope many are able to enjoy the Halloween season at Disney. I know I will!

PorterRedkey

I am going to the Halloween party. My wife loves every minute of it! If it were not for her I probably would skip it until it got a new parade or a new show. I wish I would have gone to the party back when there was more to do for a cheaper price, but I don't have that choice.

It is a shame that so many nights are cut short at MK because of the parties. I am staying for over a week next month. However, between the dining plans that I already made at other parks and other night-time shows I plan to see, it was hard to find a time where I could see Happily Ever After. I will be there 10 days and probably will only get to see HEA once. o_O

Sparksfly

We got into the park late for MNSSHP last year, well..we got in around 6:30 I mean, and got in line for Jack and Sally. We met them within an hour. The line honestly wasnt that bad...I was expecting a lot worse from what I kept hearing on here.

I also want to note how awesome the meet itself was. My son was 5 at the time and very nervous to meet them (he was excited up until about 5 minutes before he met them). They saw he was nervous and were so great with him (Jack got down on his knees to stay at my sons level and held his hand/joked with him the whole meet). He ended up loving them because of this and it was one of the best meets we had all trip. In other words....highly recomended meet.

star77kc1

Original Poster
I am going to the Halloween party. My wife loves every minute of it! If it were not for her I probably would skip it until it got a new parade or a new show. I wish I would have gone to the party back when there was more to do for a cheaper price, but I don't have that choice.

It is a shame that so many nights are cut short at MK because of the parties. I am staying for over a week next month. However, between the dining plans that I already made at other parks and other night-time shows I plan to see, it was hard to find a time where I could see Happily Ever After. I will be there 10 days and probably will only get to see HEA once. o_O
I can definitely understand how the party might get a bit "boring" with the same shows, etc. For me, its brand new, which is why I'm so excited. From what I hear, it's been pretty much the same for a long time, so hopefully they change it up a little. I have also heard that the Boo to You parade is the BEST WDW has ever done, so maybe they shouldn't fix what isn't broken lol

I hope you guys have a super magical vacation no matter how you choose you spend your time there!

star77kc1

Original Poster
We got into the park late for MNSSHP last year, well..we got in around 6:30 I mean, and got in line for Jack and Sally. We met them within an hour. The line honestly wasnt that bad...I was expecting a lot worse from what I kept hearing on here.

I also want to note how awesome the meet itself was. My son was 5 at the time and very nervous to meet them (he was excited up until about 5 minutes before he met them). They saw he was nervous and were so great with him (Jack got down on his knees to stay at my sons level and held his hand/joked with him the whole meet). He ended up loving them because of this and it was one of the best meets we had all trip. In other words....highly recomended meet.
Yay!!! This is so nice to hear. I have also heard that Jack and Sally are absolutely one the best Meet & Greets out there. I can't wait to meet them!!

DisneyGigi

The first year that MNNSHP was going on when we went, we only knew about it because we had to leave early. We went the next year, and again in 2014. Granted even September 7, was early I think was that first year, the 5th when we went, then the 1st, in 2014... my memory may be off a bit but in 2015, I was so bummed we missed it by maybe 2 days. We did MVMCP the 2nd party in November 2009, and agree it isn't worth it. I would never pay to do it again. But the early parties are awesome for those that can't go in mid-late September. I would have changed my trip this year to go, by a few days, but glad we didn't have to. I see a lot of things as a money grab, this I don't. Would have happily paid to do it with APs last year, but we could not go down in fall, we had eat up all our vacation time. They were able to add the extra parties by moving Night of Joy, correct? So, the park was technically closed early anyway. Before that wasn't is Pirates & Princess? Again, I guess I just love dressing up, and we pay the price on top of our tickets. I don't see why that few dollars difference on a multi-day ticket, why you would not go to other parks, or with a AP. It would only matter on a short trip. Maybe I have sipped the kool-aid too long lol, but to me it is so worth it.

WinnieSun_

Have you ever been to HHN? I've been once, but it was way too scary for me. MNSSHP is more my speed. Either way, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I've never been to HHN so either way it would be my first time for either option. I have been to Howl-O-Scream at busch gardens, which is not as intense as HHN seems to be. I would go to HOS first if you are interested in going to haunted houses.

luvinthemajik

MNSSHP starts in 2 weeks guys! I'll be attending my FIRST MNSSHP EVER on Fri September 15th, and I am beyond words excited.
We've been many times, are going again in late September, and our favorite parts are Of course: The Headless Horseman and The Grave Diggers dancing/dragging their shovels in the parade!
Have the most amazing time, Boo To You!!

star77kc1

Original Poster
The first year that MNNSHP was going on when we went, we only knew about it because we had to leave early. We went the next year, and again in 2014. Granted even September 7, was early I think was that first year, the 5th when we went, then the 1st, in 2014... my memory may be off a bit but in 2015, I was so bummed we missed it by maybe 2 days. We did MVMCP the 2nd party in November 2009, and agree it isn't worth it. I would never pay to do it again. But the early parties are awesome for those that can't go in mid-late September. I would have changed my trip this year to go, by a few days, but glad we didn't have to. I see a lot of things as a money grab, this I don't. Would have happily paid to do it with APs last year, but we could not go down in fall, we had eat up all our vacation time. They were able to add the extra parties by moving Night of Joy, correct? So, the park was technically closed early anyway. Before that wasn't is Pirates & Princess? Again, I guess I just love dressing up, and we pay the price on top of our tickets. I don't see why that few dollars difference on a multi-day ticket, why you would not go to other parks, or with a AP. It would only matter on a short trip. Maybe I have sipped the kool-aid too long lol, but to me it is so worth it.
I'm with you- I definitely agree!

star77kc1

Original Poster
We've been many times, are going again in late September, and our favorite parts are Of course: The Headless Horseman and The Grave Diggers dancing/dragging their shovels in the parade!
Have the most amazing time, Boo To You!!
Yay!!! So so exciting! I can't wait to see all of that in the Boo To You parade!! A dream come true for sure!!

luvinthemajik

I will be attending for the first time this year. I'm pretty excited, to be honest, because it has always been something we have wanted to do but the trips never lined up.
Glad you're getting the chance to go, the first time is so special, the decorations are fantastic, the atmosphere pulses with excitement and wait till you see the parade, the Hocus Pocus Show, the fireworks, Wishing you a Magical Time!!

IanDLBZF

Glad you're getting the chance to go, the first time is so special, the decorations are fantastic, the atmosphere pulses with excitement and wait till you see the parade, the Hocus Pocus Show, the fireworks, Wishing you a Magical Time!!
Plus some of the exclusive character meet and greets, like the 7 Dwarfs, Jack and Sally, and (from what I heard from @SpectroBro) Moana just to name a few!

crxbrett

It's August. What next.

Not sure if DW did it, but last year DL started Christmas the 2nd week of November on 11/7. It's a bit ridiculous. Christmas should never be before Thanksgiving and Halloween should never be before October 1st. Do we really need to celebrate Halloween more than 2 months beforehand? I don't want to see pumpkins or autumn leaves in August. Disney is worse than the retailers now at shoving holidays down people's throats early. For me, it makes things drastically less special when Halloween or Christmas are stretched out over a 9-week span. 4, maybe 5 weeks is fine.

And I apologize, I am not trying to rain on anyone being excited seeing the Halloween stuff. I hope all who participate have a ton of fun.

star77kc1

Original Poster
Not sure if DW did it, but last year DL started Christmas the 2nd week of November on 11/7. It's a bit ridiculous. Christmas should never be before Thanksgiving and Halloween should never be before October 1st. Do we really need to celebrate Halloween more than 2 months beforehand? I don't want to see pumpkins or autumn leaves in August. Disney is worse than the retailers now at shoving holidays down people's throats early. For me, it makes things drastically less special when Halloween or Christmas are stretched out over a 9-week span. 4, maybe 5 weeks is fine.

And I apologize, I am not trying to rain on anyone being excited seeing the Halloween stuff. I hope all who participate have a ton of fun.

The only issue with keeping the party in the month of October is this. Can you imagine how packed each party would be? Also, I'm assuming they would all be sold out, and there would be a huge amount of people that would be left out without being able to get a ticket. To me, seeing a few pumpkins and leaves on Main Street late Aug-Nov is simply just celebrating the Fall season. The actual "Halloween" stuff is only at the parties.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom