MNSSHP 2017 starts in 2 WEEKS! Are you going???

Surfin' Tuna

As I sit here reading this, I'm hearing HEA at the park...it's funny to be reminded how much they are extending the money grab opportunities while I hear the fireworks that are one of the draws for so many of us. Soon they will have a nightly Easter Egg hunt starting on January 2nd. The thrill of the park is still enough to keep pulling me, and I'm going to my first MNSSHP this year. I can't think of anything better than taking the kids there near Halloween, but I'm not happy to part with another few hundred bucks after already buying the more expensive annual passes. I will do it, though, and they know that.

PorterRedkey

I can definitely understand how the party might get a bit "boring" with the same shows, etc. For me, its brand new, which is why I'm so excited. From what I hear, it's been pretty much the same for a long time, so hopefully they change it up a little. I have also heard that the Boo to You parade is the BEST WDW has ever done, so maybe they shouldn't fix what isn't broken lol

I hope you guys have a super magical vacation no matter how you choose you spend your time there!
Thanks, I am sure our vacation will be magical.

I believe they added the Hocus Pocus show a few years ago, so that is very recent in Disney's eyes. The parade has had minor float changes but, is basically the same. Don't get me wrong, I really love both the parade and the show. The fireworks are really special too! I am hoping the Halloween fireworks will include some of the new lasers and spotlights that are in HEA.

I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble. It is a really fun party! I am sure you will have a great time.

To me, it is just a shame the park closed early for so many nights. So instead of free fireworks and (in the past) a nighttime parade seven days a week, you get only get them 4 days a week. The other 3 days have night-time entertainment only for people willing to pay 80 - 90 dollars. Not to mention the park closing at 7, now 6 for the Christmas party. It seems Disney is pushing away regular customers who are only willing to pay the expensive regular admission price in favor of those that will pay even more for the privilege of being in the park at night.

yedliW

I agree it's SUPER expensive. I'm only going because I'm going solo. It's not bad for just one ticket. Being an Annual Passholder, I think the prices are ridiculous. We should definitely get a huge discount. For someone without a pass, it's cheaper then it would be for a regular ticket, and you get to see things you wouldn't normally see, so I do think it's worth it...if you have the money.

We are going on 10Sept, the day we fly in.. we are taking advantage of the 4/$79 ticket promo for the trip, so the $74 party ticket is less than another day on the promo.. with the DVC (sort of) discount (It's only $5..) it works.. Since we can get in at 4, if we stay til close, it is almost a full park day anyway.. We set FP+ for the first 3 hrs, have an ADR. Throw in the lighter crowds.. special photo-pass locations/props/magic shots.. and my favorite fireworks display (Hallow-wishes). We really aren't much for the party specific merch, but I know a lot of people are.

We have been there before. The mistake we made the first time was spending too much time in the trick-or-treat lines. If they are on the way to something and the line isn't bad.. grab some candy.. but don't seek them out.

SarahSanderson

I can definitely understand how the party might get a bit "boring" with the same shows, etc. For me, its brand new, which is why I'm so excited. From what I hear, it's been pretty much the same for a long time, so hopefully they change it up a little. I have also heard that the Boo to You parade is the BEST WDW has ever done, so maybe they shouldn't fix what isn't broken lol

I hope you guys have a super magical vacation no matter how you choose you spend your time there!
Disney + Halloween = Happiness. You will love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom