MLS coming to WDW

21stamps

Some more info...

Unrelated to that article, I'm wondering if all the rumors of multiple resorts in the running for the NBA is because MLS is also now in the mix that will also need a home resort (or two).

This tourney has been in negations between Disney and the MLS for over a month now, though. So I don’t think it would have thrown a sudden kink in anything.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Prevention
In addition to the screenings and testing described above, an MLS task force has worked with leading experts to create guidelines and best practices to help reduce risk and prevent spread of COVID-19. These include:​
  • Wearing face coverings / face masks
    • Social distancing
    • General hygiene (Ex. avoid touching face, washing hands frequently, avoid sharing food, bottles, towels or equipment);
    • Cleaning and sanitization (disinfecting surfaces).
The Walt Disney World Resort and the Swan and Dolphin Hotel will be providing enhanced cleaning of all venues and enforcing appropriate capacity-management and other social distancing guidelines.​

Last edited:

21stamps

Are people, who didn’t watch the MLS before, now going to watch the tournament, because it’s at Disney?.. (and not much more is going on)

That would be a nice ratings jump if so, maybe bring in some new MLS fans, or soccer fans period.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Are people, who didn’t watch the MLS before, now going to watch the tournament, because it’s at Disney?.. (and not much more is going on)

That would be a nice ratings jump if so, maybe bring in some new MLS fans, or soccer fans period.

Don't forget to subscribe to ESPN+ to watch the games!!

;)

gerarar

Premium Member

This will be the first (major) American sports league to return (besides NWSL returning earlier), so I would imagine people bored at home would tune into ESPN on TV to watch! And MLS in general has been rising in popularity in the past few years, so this is the best exposure the league could get!!

The Bundesliga and soon the Premier League returns by MLS’s return date, so soccer fans around the world would be watching those primarily, unless they have been watching MLS pre-pandemic.

21stamps

Don't forget to subscribe to ESPN+ to watch the games!!

;)

ESPN+ has both MLS and Serie A, so I’ve been a forced subscriber since that happened... but at least when Disney+ came out, then I could bundle, which makes ESPN+ almost free. ;)

This will be the first (major) American sports league to return (besides NWSL returning earlier), so I would imagine people bored at home would tune into ESPN on TV to watch! And MLS in general has been rising in popularity in the past few years, so this is the best exposure the league could get!!

The Bundesliga and soon the Premier League returns by MLS’s return date, so soccer fans around the world would be watching those primarily, unless they have been watching MLS pre-pandemic.

I agree!! La Liga resumes this week.. but there’s a lot of Americans who have been watching sports match re-runs for several months now.. while there’s been some great games shown across all sports, I’m hoping that people will want to watch something live, where they don’t know the outcome. Could be a really great thing for the MLS.

21stamps

Also, I would think that if your city’s team is playing, it should be shown by a local broadcast network as well.. I would think they would have worked that into the deal. Does anyone know?

LF85

I know they most likely won’t but it all should be televised on ESPN. This could be a chance to bring aboard new fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom