News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is us. Four APs yet to be activated and a two week stay booked July 20 - Aug 3. We had hoped to visit the next two summers before our kids graduate HS and go to college. I just hope we know the details of what will should expect other than the rumors and speculation we all read each day. So much to decide on since we are really stuck because of these APs and life.
I would 100% take the refund and then re-evaluate if I were you...

I know the timing is what’s important to you...but this environment is just not gonna be worth it. My opinion.

peter11435

I can't see how they don't. They had no expenses for 3 months beyond property taxes and security guards.
Except those aren’t nearly the only expenses they’ve incurred over the last 3 months. Not to mentioned the full cost of operation over the past three months can’t be offset by any ancillary income from the properties operation.

Disney Dad 3000

That is a defense of disney

Aps work this way: you pay for “access” for X number of days. Not gateclicks.

Could be 10 or 200.

What’s in it for them? Every thing you buy, eat, drink, PorP out...higher profit and that’s what the parks are their for...

Same price that allows more frequent visits or more hotels and tickets to shove others in when you’re not there.
I don’t get your stance really at all.
Just responding to the guy that thought he was getting ripped off by the reimbursement period somehow. Only point was that many people will be getting payouts or extensions of their passes and they weren't necessarily impacted by the closure (had no intention of using it between Mar-Jul). Ours expires mid July.
If Disney is open the last 4 months and we had no trips planned, there's no impact to us and that pass was already paid for. Now with the closure we are getting repaid for those 4 months when we werent setting foot in Orlando anyway to use the pass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just responding to the guy that thought he was getting ripped off by the reimbursement period somehow. Only point was that many people will be getting payouts or extensions of their passes and they weren't necessarily impacted by the closure (had no intention of using it between Mar-Jul). Ours expires mid July.
If Disney is open the last 4 months and we had no trips planned, there's no impact to us and that pass was already paid for. Now with the closure we are getting repaid for those 4 months when we werent setting foot in Orlando anyway to use the pass.
No...I gotcha.

I’m actually with you. Some people can take a free extension...some can take money back...

Disney never really has or likely will offer it again.

I could even see annual passes being “base + number of visits” in the not too distance future. Pay as you go with hefty upfront.
They have tried to overmonetize all their old products for more than a decade.

“While Europe slept...” I guess?

ThatMouse

This is us. Four APs yet to be activated and a two week stay booked July 20 - Aug 3. We had hoped to visit the next two summers before our kids graduate HS and go to college. I just hope we know the details of what will should expect other than the rumors and speculation we all read each day. So much to decide on since we are really stuck because of these APs and life.

Your AP's start the next time you go, so you're good. You are not an AP until you have activated your vouchers (if they still call them that) and vouchers are good for years. The only reason you'd want a refund is if you needed the money badly or you never want to go to Disney again! :cool: Edit: oh I see kids in college, well just kidnap them over the summer!

sjhym333

That's all well and good. But why does it seem like they didn't have any kind of contingency plan in place? It's not like they're a small business just starting.
And maybe that's the problem. Getting 65,000 Cast Members back on line, reshuffling reservations, creating a new park reservation system and getting it in place, changing policies, getting the unions on board, getting an okay from the state and CMs with families dealing with Covid 19 and being out of work. Many CMs working from home were working on a remote website system that constantly gets bogged down because of so many users. Only some were able to have a Disney computer at home. Then add in going through every park, dozens of hotels, transportation systems to create social distancing guidelines. Since warehouses have been closed the need to get them up and running. Also working with suppliers (many of the shut down themselves) to start resupplying the largest vacation destination in the world.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How in the world would Disney even enforce this? Seems like it’s something they’re saying but will just be based on the honor system.
From the blog post:
By not compiling a list themselves, Disney is expecting the guest to do the proper amount of research about any restrictions that might affect their visit.

So yes, Disney has no intention of enforcing any actual state restrictions. They are leaving it up to guests to determine if they need to quarantine and for how long.

the_rich

From the blog post:
By not compiling a list themselves, Disney is expecting the guest to do the proper amount of research about any restrictions that might affect their visit.

So yes, Disney has no intention of enforcing any actual state restrictions. They are leaving it up to guests to determine if they need to quarantine and for how long.
Now, here's my question. If someone is flying in from NY and taking magical express then they have your info. So will they deny you from getting on the bus and going to the resort?

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Now, here's my question. If someone is flying in from NY and taking magical express then they have your info. So will they deny you from getting on the bus and going to the resort?
I doubt it. Telling a family they can’t get on the bus at the airport won’t be a pretty scene. If they do try that then people can just take Uber or a cab from the airport instead or rent a car or just drive instead of flying.

sjhym333

I doubt it. Telling a family they can’t get on the bus at the airport won’t be a pretty scene. If they do try that then people can just take Uber or a cab from the airport instead or rent a car or just drive instead of flying.
I think that I read somewhere that Universal is doing temperature checks at the resorts during check in. I wonder if Disney will do that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom