MLB 2013

Darth Tater

The SF Giants made a wise move by locking in Buster Posey for another 8+ seasons. He is a tremendous young talent who is becoming the face of the franchise. If the Giants can keep their starting rotation healthy, they could easily repeat their 2012 World Series victory. It seems like everyone on that team knows how to turn it on when it counts. They might not have the best record in the NL this season (for that, I predict Washington), but even if they just make it into the postseason by a Wild Card spot...they will be very dangerous...as their past playoff experience has shown. They have a great starting rotation with the Matt Cain & Barry Zito duo. Tim Lincecum is struggling big time, but he always seems to put his act together during the playoffs. If he gets put as a reliever and can produce the numbers he did last postseason, together with Sergio Romo the Giants could have quite possibly the best bullpen in the game. It all comes down to if they can be in "the zone" the way they have been during their excellent 2010 & 2012 playoff runs. The Giants are also the only team since the Yankees of the late 90's to win two World Series titles in only three seasons, not to mention they've only lost one World Series game. For that, I give a lot of credit to manager Bruce Bochy and his compelling ability to rally his team & lead them when it is most crucial.

So for all these reasons combined, I caution anyone from overlooking San Francisco and discounting their ability to repeat last year's success. Many are not considering them to be among this year's #1, #2, #3...teams in MLB...and as 2010 & 2012 showed us...that is exactly how they like it.

Acolli18

Spring training has begun, people! For many baseball fans, football season is just the waiting period to the next baseball season start. Of course, if your team wins the Superbowl, that's always nice. Now pick your team. Mine, of course, is the Baltimore Orioles. ;)

Thanks for the bump! I love the Phillies, but an Orioles fan also!

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
The Dodgers beat the Angels yesterday, 9 to 8. Let's keep this up, boys!
They can feel free to keep beating up on the American League teams. Especially since they will not cross paths with my team in the regular season...

The Dodgers are a good team. I predict they will go far this season.

Genie of the Lamp

My MAGICal predictions for the 2013 MLB Season:
AL East:
Rays
Orioles
Yankees
Blue Jays
Red Sox
AL Central:
Tigers
White Sox-Wild Card #2
Royals
Indians
Twins
AL West:
Rangers
Angels-Wild Card #1
A's
Mariners
Astros
NL East:
Nationals
Braves-Wild Card #1
Phillies
Mets
Marlins
NL Central:
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers
Cubs
My beloved Pirates:p (At least we have the most exciting player in baseball in McCutchen and Alvarez along with our Starting Pitching determine how our season goes)
NL West:
Giants
Dodgers-Wild Card #2
DBacks
Padres
Rockies

AL MVP: Robinson Cano
AL Manager of the Year: Ned Yost
NL MVP: Andrew McCutchen
NL Manager of the Year: Mike Matheny
AL Championship Series: Tigers over Rangers
NL Championship Series: Braves over Giants
World Series: Tigers over Braves in 7 games

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
My MAGICal predictions for the 2013 MLB Season:
AL East:
Rays
Orioles
Yankees
Blue Jays
Red Sox
While I am glad you put the Yankees down low, my Orioles are going to the playoffs again this season. We looked good in spring training. Unfortunately, we lost Betemit, but should get him back at the end of May. We have enough strong players to keep us going though. Some key ones: Nick Markakis, Matt Weiters, and Manny Machado. Machado being my favorite. My friends say I have a crush on him. They would be right. Macho Machado is my nickname for him. 20 years old and playing like he's 30. How many players are like that?

It's going to be a draw for last place between the Red Sox and Toronto for last place. It depends on how the management is on both sides.

AL West:
Rangers
Angels-Wild Card #1
A's
Mariners
Astros
After the way the Rangers fell apart last season, I don't think they'll do well this season. I mean, the Red Sox fell apart in the 2011 season, and look how they did in 2012 (sorry Red Sox fans). I was laughing at some of the fans in the stadium crying during the wildcard game. Don't they know that there is no crying in baseball?
NL Central:
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers
Cubs
My beloved Pirates
I agree with you on the last one...unless something magical happens this season.
NL West:
Giants
Dodgers-Wild Card #2
DBacks
Padres
Rockies
I think it could be a draw between the Dodgers and the Giants. Both are good teams. Both could go far. It depends on how they do with management and injuries this season.

Darth Tater

Happy Easter everyone...and Happy Opening Day MLB 2013!!! :D

It begins tonight at 8pm ET on ESPN when the Texas Rangers face the Houston Astros in a lone star state showdown to kickoff the season.

Nothing quite like the feel of opening day. Every team filled with hopeful optimism, all records even, every team now undefeated with only their productivity standing in their way between now, and whether or not they'll still be active come October.

Hope springs anew. Play ball!
3312013_zpse085e06b.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Happy Easter everyone...and Happy Opening Day MLB 2013!!! :D

It begins tonight at 8pm ET on ESPN when the Texas Rangers face the Houston Astros in a lone star state showdown to kickoff the season.

Nothing quite like the feel of opening day. Every team filled with hopeful optimism, all records even, every team now undefeated with only their productivity standing in their way between now, and whether or not they'll still be active come October.

Hope springs anew. Play ball!
3312013_zpse085e06b.jpg
Grr...Orioles don't start until Tuesday and Friday is their first home game. Which I will be attending, but it's still several days away...

Darth Tater

And here we go!

Who's watching Opening Game? I kinda like the new Houston Astros' uniforms better than the pervious ones. Also nice to have both the Rangers & Astros in the same division.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Sadly, I am not watching. Yes I created this thread. Yes I have been ranting about how ready I am for spring. But then I saw Beauty and the Beast was on ABC family and thought, "Hmm, good idea. I'm going to watch that." So I took it up to my room and am popping the DVD in the drive.

Taylor

Got the Braves going to the World Series this year yeah they are young but I got a good feeling about this year!

Braves over the Bluejays in 6

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom