MLB 2013

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
As a Yankee fan, I watch 90 percent of Yankees games, and see highlights of all.
I agree with you on A-Rod, the only Yankee I truly dislike (Youkilis is going to be hard to adjust to in pinstripes too)
But jeter rarely argues, and seems like a class
Act most of the time.
That's just IMO of course
Well, I'm a bit biased from being an Orioles fan. I think if I lived in NY, I'd have to cheer for the Mets. The other player I can't stand is Teixeira. He's from Annapolis and kept saying that he was going to sign for the Orioles, only to sign with the Yankees. :eek: He gets yelled at as a traitor at Camden Yards. I enjoy making fun of Joba Chamberlain. Jabba the Hutt. ;)

There are only two players on the Orioles who I can't stand. The former Orioles player who I can't stand is Mark Reynolds. He struck out ALL THE TIME. Record breaking strike-outs I mean. And then he would get an attitude about it and sulk. I couldn't blame the Yankees fans who invaded Camden Yards from yelling at him to get off the field. Brian Roberts is also stupid. He got mad about a play, whacked himself in the head with the bat, and gave himself a concussion. o_O

GenerationX

The Chicago White Sox...and whoever plays the cubs.
lgo_mlb_chicago_white_sox

That is exactly how I was raised, too. The greatest sports memorabilia I have is my ticket stub from Game 1 of the 2005 World Series.

If we can score a few runs every once in a while, we have the chance to win 90+ games.

RSoxNo1

Dreaming and looking back at their past history are the only things we can do. However I want to mention this cool thing to you and the other folks. I went to the same school/high school that Neil Walker did (Pine-Richland High School). He graduated 8 years before I did but I know him very well and he knows of me. Let me say that he is one of the nicest athletes I have ever met in my life and he is a great person overall. Him and Brandon Saad went to the same high school as me and look at what Brandon Saad is doing for the Chicago Blackhawks. He's putting up Staal(jordan) like stats for them on a line with Sharp and Hossa. But back to baseball, @rsoxguy and @RSoxNo1 should seriously thank the Pirates for getting our most wild/entertaining 2 time all star closer great Joel Hanrahan for essentially nothing like always when dealing with these kind of situations. No impact talent in return. Here's to hope that Cuban can take over the team. I know Lemueix and Burkle lead a crusade to persuade Nutting to sell the team but that headcase wannabe decided to keep the profits for himself while hiding in his CA bungalow not giving a rats @$$ about the Pirates. He may say he cares, but he doesn't mean it.
As someone that got to watch Mark Melancon implode first hand I'm inclined to agree. However, Jerry Sands has some value as do Stolmy Pimentel and Ivan De Jesus. The difference is that the Pirates get several cost controlled years of mediocre younger talent and the Red Sox get 1 year of Joel Hanrahan. I think more important to the Sox is that they freed up spots on their 40 man roster, and turned two of the pieces of the Dodgers salary dump into another useful piece.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'll say it. I'm a die-hard New York Yankees fan.

Grew up with them and will never stop rooting for them. But they aren't even my pick to win the AL this year. Too many old players in key positions. Injuries abound (Grandy just got hurt too) and it's basically the same team as last year that only got to the ALCS. So I don't see how it can be different this year.

The LA Angels have such a deep lineup now with Hamilton, and a solid staff, and a track record of success. I feel they are gonna have a good year. Also for some reason the Yankees can't beat Detroit, (but maybe the 3rd time is the charm) Plus the Orioles and Blue-Jays are vastly improved. And you can never discount the Red Sox and Rays. It's going to be tough, but here is my predictions.

AL East - New York Yankees Wild Card Baltimore Orioles Wild Card Toronto Blue Jays (Orioles win WC)
AL Central - Detroit Tigers
AL West - LA Angels

ALDS:
Yankees over Tigers (yes I hope the 3rd time is the charm)
Angels over Orioles

ALCS:
Angels over Yankees

For the NL, Dodgers better not under-perform as badly as the Lakers are, otherwise there will be some pretty unhappy people in LA (Same goes for the Angels). And as for the defending champs they will be pretty tough to beat. Plus the Nats are going to be fun to watch. Here's my prediction:

NL East - Washington Nationals
NL Central - Cincinatti Reds Wild Card - Pittsburg Pirates (This is their year!...to make the playoffs at least)
NL West - LA Dodgers Wild Card - SF Giants (Giants beat Pirates in WC game)

NLDS:
Nationals over Reds
Dodgers over Giants

NLCS:
Dodgers over Nationals

World Series:
Angels over Dodgers

Genie of the Lamp

Sorry @spacemt354, the Pirates will NOT win the NL Central let alone make it that far in your scenario. I see them hovering around .500 and finish 3rd or 4th in our division. Did you see that against the Red Sox the other day, we walked 15 or 16 of their batters the other day. That's not acceptable and honestly embarassing. Even if @rsoxguy or @RSoxNo1 were at the plate, they would've walked and scored twice in the same innings. It sucks not having the Astros in our division anymore. I agree with your other predictions except the Nationals win WS over Tigers.

RSoxNo1

This is what I had for my predictions:
AL East
Yankees
Red Sox – Wild Card
Blue Jays
Rays
Orioles

AL Central
Tigers
Indians
White Sox
Royals
Twins

AL West
Angels
Athletics – Wild Card
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

Red Sox beat the A’s in the one game playoff
Angels beat the Red Sox in ALDS
Tigers beat the Yankees in ALDS

Angels win the ALCS

AL MVP – Robinson Cano
AL Cy Young – Jered Weaver
AL Rookie of the Year – Jurickson Profar
AL Manager of the Year – John Farrell
Comeback Player of the Year – Victor Martinez

NL East
Nationals
Braves – Wild Card
Phillies
Mets
Marlins

NL Central
Reds
Cardinals – Wild Card
Brewers
Pirates
Cubs

NL West
Dodgers
Giants
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP – Matt Kemp
NL Cy Young – Stephen Strasburg
NL ROY – Shelby Miller
NL Manager of the Year – Fredi Gonzalez
Comeback Player of the Year – Troy Tulowitzki

Braves over Cardinals in the one game Playoff
Nationals over Braves in NLDS
Dodgers over Reds in NLDS

Nationals over Dodgers in NLDS

Angels over Nationals in World Series

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry @spacemt354, the Pirates will NOT win the NL Central let alone make it that far in your scenario. I see them hovering around .500 and finish 3rd or 4th in our division.

Completely forgot about the Cincinatti Reds. Hmm. Perhaps I'll have to adjust my predictions a tad.

I just have a gut feeling Pittsburg is going to be a surprise. While they didn't get star players, they've acquired a lot of youth and key role players like Russell Martin at C.

So okay you're right they won't win the division. Cincinatti will I feel. But I still hold out hope for a Pittsburg WC, so I guess Philly won't make the playoffs. And I'll have the giants beating the pirates in the one game playoff, but losing to the dodgers in the NLDS. I'll make the adjustments in my original post, and we'll see what comes true at the end of the season.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I'll say it. I'm a die-hard New York Yankees fan.

Grew up with them and will never stop rooting for them. But they aren't even my pick to win the AL this year. Too many old players in key positions. Injuries abound (Grandy just got hurt too) and it's basically the same team as last year that only got to the ALCS. So I don't see how it can be different this year.

The LA Angels have such a deep lineup now with Hamilton, and a solid staff, and a track record of success. I feel they are gonna have a good year. Also for some reason the Yankees can't beat Detroit, (but maybe the 3rd time is the charm) Plus the Orioles and Blue-Jays are vastly improved. And you can never discount the Red Sox and Rays. It's going to be tough, but here is my predictions.

AL East - New York Yankees Wild Card Baltimore Orioles Wild Card Toronto Blue Jays (Orioles win WC)

I have to disagree. Yanks are getting crushed by my Orioles this year.

Of course, seeing your profile picture, I thought, "Oh, it's George, of course it's a Yankees fan"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom