MLB 2013

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Each park possesses its own charm, and being a fan of the home team always seals the deal.
Yankees fans? They can be annoying in the parks, at the grocery store, in my house... :)
Lol, yup, agree with you on that one. My father at a Yankees game last year was talking to the Yankees fan who used to be an Orioles fan before they went downhill for so many years, and he said, "No, you've turned to the evil empire! It's not too late! You can come back from the dark side!" Even though I generally don't like seeing the Sox win for the sake of my Orioles, at least we can all agree that the Yankees suck.

But couldn't you guys have outdone them for us at the end of last year? Or was that payback for us knocking you out of the playoffs the year before?:rolleyes:

GeoDonJac34

You're getting swept opening weekend...:D mainly because I will be at two of those three games and the Oriole better win...
You are probably right. I could almost like the Orioles a little, but a co worker of mine is a long time O's fan and all he talked about last season was Baltimore. Really super annoying.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
You are probably right. I could almost like the Orioles a little, but a co worker of mine is a long time O's fan and all he talked about last season was Baltimore. Really super annoying.
Oh, cut him some slack. When we Baltimore fans have a winning season, we get really excited. Just look at my signature...

Bob Saget

I officially like you. You picked my team over the Yankees. May I ask why you picked the Orioles over the Yankees?
Too many questions surrounding the Yankees this season. Will Jeter be able to come back 100%? How about Mariano? Clubhouse drama surrounding A-Rod's recent dilemma. C.C. Sabathia isn't as young as he used to be...etc, etc. The Yanks should certainly be up there in the Eastern division, and it is unlikely the victor of that division will win by more than 2-3 games by the time the season is finished. So it's gonna be a close race for sure. But I see Baltimore edging out the Yanks (barely) and sending New York to the wildcard game. The O's have been improving, and have a fired-up young team who (imo) can take the division.

It looks like (imo) Detroit & the LA Angels are top dogs as far as the entire AL goes. Angles adding Hamilton to aid Pujols & that incredible lineup, while Detroit still playing with a lot of their talent from their 2012 World Series appearance. Will be interesting to see what unfolds this season.

acishere

My first MLB baseball experience was being taken to a game at Yankee Stadium when I was about 5. I have been a fan of the dark and evil empire known as the Yankees ever since.

SAV

The Chicago White Sox...and whoever plays the cubs.
lgo_mlb_chicago_white_sox

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
My first MLB baseball experience was being taken to a game at Yankee Stadium when I was about 5. I have been a fan of the dark and evil empire known as the Yankees ever since.
It's not too late! Come with me! I will take you to the side of goodness!

Okay, let me try the Jedi mind trick:
jedi-mind-trick1.jpg

You don't cheer for the Yankees...
They're not the team you're looking for...
Move along...to another, ANY OTHER team...

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Too many questions surrounding the Yankees this season. Will Jeter be able to come back 100%? How about Mariano? Clubhouse drama surrounding A-Rod's recent dilemma. C.C. Sabathia isn't as young as he used to be...etc, etc. The Yanks should certainly be up there in the Eastern division, and it is unlikely the victor of that division will win by more than 2-3 games by the time the season is finished. So it's gonna be a close race for sure. But I see Baltimore edging out the Yanks (barely) and sending New York to the wildcard game. The O's have been improving, and have a fired-up young team who (imo) can take the division.

It looks like (imo) Detroit & the LA Angels are top dogs as far as the entire AL goes. Angles adding Hamilton to aid Pujols & that incredible lineup, while Detroit still playing with a lot of their talent from their 2012 World Series appearance. Will be interesting to see what unfolds this season.
In my book, it serves them right since their pitcher broke our right fielder's thumb and knocked him out for the playoffs...and I think A-Rod is an idiot. But you are right. The Orioles have an advantage in that our players aren't aging right now. Especially with our third baseman being only 20 years old and playing like he's 28.

Detroit did look really good in the playoffs. And I was happy that they crushed the Yankees for us. Why the Yankees chose then to fall apart rather than a week earlier is anyone's guess.

I'm not so sure about the Angels, though. They tend to look good, but fall apart. I think that the A's look better overall last season. The A's play a consistently good game and give everyone a run for their money, whereas the Angels will look good one game, but won't play as well the next. Don't get me wrong, they're a good team and have a chance, like any other team, but I think that the A's are better managed.

acishere

It's not too late! Come with me! I will take you to the side of goodness!

Okay, let me try the Jedi mind trick:
jedi-mind-trick1.jpg

You don't cheer for the Yankees...
They're not the team you're looking for...
Move along...to another, ANY OTHER team...

The dark side is awesome. We have cookies and Jeter (hopefully). Also where I live the alternatives are the Mets or Phillies and those aren't ever gonna happen no matter how many times you wave your hand Ben Kenobi.

songbird

A-rod is paying for his past sins, I think.

I love the Mets. I really really miss Shea, i cry when I watch Billy Joel's "Last Play at Shea". Citi Field is a nice enough ballpark, but it doesn't have the same "feel", KWIM?

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
A-rod is paying for his past sins, I think.
Ugh. I hate A-Rod. He cheated in baseball with the steroids and on his wife too. To me, he thinks he can have any woman he wants, and that's just...not okay, especially when you're married. I don't like Jeter either, but at least he didn't use steroids or cheat on his wife. Helps that he's not married, though.

And both of them...when they're at bat, right after the pitch is thrown, they'll step out of the batting box to try to get it called a ball. And then they get mad if it's not and start arguing with the umpire. I've personally seen both of them do this. Both of them got yelled at during Cal Ripken's tribute game.

afar28

While I respect the game, I think there are too many games. You can't tell me that every single game in the MLB season matters. You can afford to lose several games (not saying you want to). Whereas in the NFL every game matters (with exceptions as always). I'm going through NFL withdrawal right now so that may have an effect. I'll just sit quietly at home as I normally have. I mean, the Brewers never do that much anyway. Although it's not as bad as Wisconsin's NBA team. Gosh the Bucks are awful.
The bucks are in the race for the playoffs, holding on to the precious 8 seed as of now

Genie of the Lamp

Pittsburgh swag!!

That's a pipe dream, but I can dream!

Dreaming and looking back at their past history are the only things we can do. However I want to mention this cool thing to you and the other folks. I went to the same school/high school that Neil Walker did (Pine-Richland High School). He graduated 8 years before I did but I know him very well and he knows of me. Let me say that he is one of the nicest athletes I have ever met in my life and he is a great person overall. Him and Brandon Saad went to the same high school as me and look at what Brandon Saad is doing for the Chicago Blackhawks. He's putting up Staal(jordan) like stats for them on a line with Sharp and Hossa. But back to baseball, @rsoxguy and @RSoxNo1 should seriously thank the Pirates for getting our most wild/entertaining 2 time all star closer great Joel Hanrahan for essentially nothing like always when dealing with these kind of situations. No impact talent in return. Here's to hope that Cuban can take over the team. I know Lemueix and Burkle lead a crusade to persuade Nutting to sell the team but that headcase wannabe decided to keep the profits for himself while hiding in his CA bungalow not giving a rats @$$ about the Pirates. He may say he cares, but he doesn't mean it.

afar28

Ugh. I hate A-Rod. He cheated in baseball with the steroids and on his wife too. To me, he thinks he can have any woman he wants, and that's just...not okay, especially when you're married. I don't like Jeter either, but at least he didn't use steroids or cheat on his wife. Helps that he's not married, though.

And both of them...when they're at bat, right after the pitch is thrown, they'll step out of the batting box to try to get it called a ball. And then they get mad if it's not and start arguing with the umpire. I've personally seen both of them do this. Both of them got yelled at during Cal Ripken's tribute game.
As a Yankee fan, I watch 90 percent of Yankees games, and see highlights of all.
I agree with you on A-Rod, the only Yankee I truly dislike (Youkilis is going to be hard to adjust to in pinstripes too)
But jeter rarely argues, and seems like a class
Act most of the time.
That's just IMO of course

PUSH

The bucks are in the race for the playoffs, holding on to the precious 8 seed as of now

It's the Bucks, they always fail in the end. The NBA isn't very popular here. College basketball is by far more popular. I prefer college, too, but I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan of that either.

Matt7187

Dreaming and looking back at their past history are the only things we can do. However I want to mention this cool thing to you and the other folks. I went to the same school/high school that Neil Walker did (Pine-Richland High School). He graduated 8 years before I did but I know him very well and he knows of me. Let me say that he is one of the nicest athletes I have ever met in my life and he is a great person overall. Him and Brandon Saad went to the same high school as me and look at what Brandon Saad is doing for the Chicago Blackhawks. He's putting up Staal(jordan) like stats for them on a line with Sharp and Hossa. But back to baseball, @rsoxguy and @RSoxNo1 should seriously thank the Pirates for getting our most wild/entertaining 2 time all star closer great Joel Hanrahan for essentially nothing like always when dealing with these kind of situations. No impact talent in return. Here's to hope that Cuban can take over the team. I know Lemueix and Burkle lead a crusade to persuade Nutting to sell the team but that headcase wannabe decided to keep the profits for himself while hiding in his CA bungalow not giving a rats @$$ about the Pirates. He may say he cares, but he doesn't mean it.
If Lemieux bought the pirates, I believe we could possibly have been in the playoffs already

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom