MK Upgrades

Standard maintenance (as usual).... additional touch-ups may be added, but probably not the "Tiki Room Treatment" that Ouimet gave Disneyland's aging tropical serenade in '04/5, which replaced birds and completely overhauled the sound system....

Oh, but I've heard that it WILL happen someday. It'll have to.

Ralphlaw

I have to agree with you. I think it should be Thread Etiquette that when an attraction is first brought into the conversation, it should be written out fully, then can be abbreviated. This is for the consideration of newer members, people who aren't familiar with the rides, and even for some of the veterants. I had to sit for a while to figure out what TSI meant. Sometimes people will abbreviate the full name, like WWTBAMPI, really stands for Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It. It could be easier if everyone just said "Millionaire."

Exactly. Who wants to memorize an everything, or constantly check some acronym list, just to understand some rumor? Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since we`re talking about MK upgrades, I should say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACE MOUNTAIN! 32 years old today. Not long to go now before you get the TLC you deserve!

And of course, Happy Birthday to The Carousel of Progress (Now is the Time) and also The Living Seas!

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Since we`re talking about MK upgrades, I should say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACE MOUNTAIN! 32 years old today. Not long to go now before you get the TLC you deserve!

And of course, Happy Birthday to The Carousel of Progress (Now is the Time) and also The Living Seas!
Here's to more wonderful years of Space, CoP, and TLS! *raises cup of water*

ToTBellHop

ahem...The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

darthjohnny

That's very naive. Ever hear of "Deep Throat"? I guess Water Gate was broken by "bad reporters" then, huh? You, nor I, nor anyone is in a position to question anyone's sources. If you don't belive them without a name, that that's your deal. Chances are you won't know who the source is anyway.

Edit: That applies to not just the Mice Age guys...

I think you are very naive for just letting someone tell you info, and just accepting it as is.

Anyone can say Imagineers are doing this and that. But we should have specifics.

Your Deep Throat example is flawed because there was a Deep Throat, even though they did not reveal his real name. Al Lutz does not even call anyone by a false name, like Joe X.

As my Theory of Knowledge teacher say, there is no knowledge without and knower.

Lee

Adventurer
I think you are very naive for just letting someone tell you info, and just accepting it as is.

Anyone can say Imagineers are doing this and that. But we should have specifics.

Your Deep Throat example is flawed because there was a Deep Throat, even though they did not reveal his real name. Al Lutz does not even call anyone by a false name, like Joe X.

As my Theory of Knowledge teacher say, there is no knowledge without and knower.

Ridiculous. Pure hogwash.
So...a source without a name is not reliable? Yeah....right...:lol:
If I disclose a piece of information, it is only worth believing if I give the name of the source, likely costing one or more people their jobs?
Good lord.:rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone can say Imagineers are doing this and that. But we should have specifics..
Indeed they can. It`s up to you to believe them or not. Hang around long enough and you`ll know who to trust and who not to. Like Lee said I`m not going to give out names and sources since they ask me not to - and put their job on the line in the process. The specifics are in who posts the info. You`ll learn that.

BTW; Deep Throat was in The X-Files :D

mickey04

The thing with Lutz though, is that he has a good track record. For me, that's more reliable than assigning pseudonyms to his sources, clearly they're there and they're good.

darthjohnny

Ridiculous. Pure hogwash.
So...a source without a name is not reliable? Yeah....right...:lol:
If I disclose a piece of information, it is only worth believing if I give the name of the source, likely costing one or more people their jobs?
Good lord.:rolleyes:

Your ignorance is your downfall. Aren't these the same threads where people ask for sources when posters break some new news. In the real world, sources matter.

If the Imagineers are so woried about losing their jobs, then they should not be blabbing.

Good Lord. :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Your ignorance is your downfall. Aren't these the same threads where people ask for sources when posters break some new news. In the real world, sources matter.

If the Imagineers are so woried about losing their jobs, then they should not be blabbing.

Good Lord. :rolleyes:
Your naivety is yours. One day you might understand. Ever hear of a NDA?
Huzzah... another thread with an endless argument.
Looks like it. Hopefully he won`t believe anything we say in future and ignore it.

jfries10

Refurbs...closed rides?!

I am going to WDW in April for the first time in nearly 15 years and I would hate to miss anything! I totally understand that things need to be updated, but why wouldn't Disney post anything official on their website to help people plan better. I know that if you see 2 months ahead of time that Space Mountain will be closed maybe you plan a differnt time to go. But I don't want to get there and be upset with rides not open that I didn't know about. I went to DL and DCA 2 years ago, I knew Space Mountain was closed, but then I get there to find Splash Mountian closed. It nearly ruined the trip. I know I am new to the forums, but that is my 2 cents!! regardless, I will be at WDW in April and I can't wait!!!

Mansion Butler

As for Al Lutz not revealing his "sources," a good reporter should always reveal his sources, so he/she can be legitimate to his/her readers and can show he is not simply making stuff up.

As a journalist and journalism student I can tell you that's not true at all.

Why can't Al Lutz tell where he got his info? Does he or his "sources" have anything to hide? Does Al Lutz work out of his basement, keeping his dark secrets?

If indeed he has inside sources (which I often doubt), then disclosing them would be a great way for them to be fired. Disney is very, very clear about sharing inside information. If a cast member at Pirates of the Caribbean were to tell you inside information on this here page he could be fired. It's one of the first things you're told in training, and you're told it repeatedly. And that extends all the way up. Heck, you can be terminated for sharing attendence numbers.

If Lutz actually has inside sources, there is no way they would allow him to share any information about who they are and what they do. You just have to decide whether you want to trust him or not.

If he reveals his sources, he doesn't have his sources.

Not to defend Lutz, because I don't trust him (because I have been privy to things he's been wrong about), just saying.

Lee

Adventurer

"Darth"...my man....you need to live a bit longer, and walk a bit farther, before you start throwing the word "ignorance" in my direction. Offended, I am.:mad:

Aren't these the same threads where people ask for sources when posters break some new news. In the real world, sources matter.

Yes. People do ask for a source on these boards. They ask it when someone who hasn't proven the quality of their information makes a bold statement. And even at that time, nobody asks for a name. Names get people fired.
Surely, if you are indeed studying some sort of journalism, your professor would be the first to tell you about the ethics of revealing confidential sources. You just don't do it.

If you want to believe someone on the internet's information, you just have t decide if they are trustworthy based on how the information holds up. Whether or not they disclose the name of a source is totally unimportant.

WDWFREAK53

*pops in to see what kind of new MK upgrades we're getting*

DOH!

Darth, take everything you read on an internet forum with a grain of salt. Yes, Lee has proven himself, but you're right...you don't KNOW that he's right. I, for one, do feel that the information that Lee "lets out" is based on fact and not just rumors that he's making up in his head. That's the decision that myself and many others on here have made. You can make your own decision.

If you notice, for the most part, the people that get called out are people that come on here for the first time with "inside information" and frankly, it's doubtful...but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're "wrong," they just haven't earned the credibility.

New people that come on here with inside information on the Harry Potter ride, the new 5th gate park, and the extensive monorail expansion are surely going to get called out.

iheartdisney91

ok can someone please help me? my family is thinking of going back to disney in the summer but is the HM gunna be open all summer? i mean i think it should be because summer is the busy season. help thank you very much!

oh and i know al the HM threads out there but none told if it was gunna be open for summer thanx guys!!:wave:

dxwwf3

In Al Lutz and Kevin Yee's defense, they are no longer just sharing their opinions and pretending they are the law. They photo-document their comments and they are usually dramatic. You might argue they go LOOKING for problems but I have seen for myself the neon burned out at MGM and trim lights out on Main Street, and it's cheap and trashy looking. It goes beyond "giving Disney a break." The simple fact is they are accepting standards with their lighting that some Six Flags parks wouldn't accept (though not all...). I hold a piece of chipped paint in some hidden nook of Epcot as a completely different issue than MANY burned out lights on Main Street or a braile sign at Epcot ripped to shreds. Trashy. And to suggest that the Haunted Mansion is not in a horrid state right now would be absurd. Even the ghosts don't want to live there anymore. I would argue Mr. Lutz has been rather accurate with his rumors for awhile now, and Mr. Yee has at least gone from outlandish essays to better reporting of specific cases with his new "Declining by Degrees" material. Do you pay $70/day to ride a Splash Mountain plastered with bubble gum? I don't believe I should be expected to "give Disney a break" on that. It's simply unsanitary. A thought--install cameras in the gum-plastered tunnels (I would actually be shocked if they didn't already have such cameras) and kick people off the ride for the rest of the day for throwing gum.

Great post :sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
ok can someone please help me? my family is thinking of going back to disney in the summer but is the HM gunna be open all summer? i mean i think it should be because summer is the busy season. help thank you very much!

Unsure at this point, the schedule seems to be in a bit of flux. It WILL close at some point and stay closed for quite a while. As far as it being over the summer.....maybe. Don't plan a trip around the Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom