MK Testing New Entry Scans

Burgstressera

wannab@dis said:
There's no personal information on your key/pass. It contains a pointer to data within their systems. :wave:

I did not know that...At most hotels that contains all your info - that's what makes Disney so much better. :animwink: The last thing I need to worry about on my Disney vacation is identy theft...

Captain Chaos

DMC-12 said:
Ah yes... by protecting my civil liberties... they are evil...... UGH!! :hammer: :hammer:

Perhaps the former USSR is a more suitable place for you to live then. Communism is great, from what I hear. :rolleyes:

There is a difference in protecting civil liberties and another making this country too PC... The PC POLICE (ACLU) come out and attack everything... The ACLU is a great evil in this country...

browniebee

dxer07002 said:
There is a difference in protecting civil liberties and another making this country too PC... The PC POLICE (ACLU) come out and attack everything... The ACLU is a great evil in this country...

I couldn't agree with you more.

Even though, the majority of people aren't gonna use each other's AP and whatnot, if it works, it's a good way to catch those that aren't as honest.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's a matter of odds - with how many people are at WDW each day, there's gonna be a considerably high number of unscrupulous ones.

How often do we have posts about buying tickets off ebay? About how to scam this or that? Pool hopping comes to mind. And we see a tiny fraction of the total WDW visitors.

Iakona

DisneyCane said:
This won't cause too many lawsuits from the "privacy advocates." Even if the print data is only tied to ticket numbers and not to names you can bet the ACLU will be all over this.........unfortunately.

Disney is a private company. You don't have to go in if you don't want to. I doubt there will be any lawsuits.

gsimpson

Read the hisotry of the ACLU

For anyone who wishes to know the ACLU's motives for their actions simply look up the identity and history of its founding members. No point in me or anyone else telling you what to think, read the history and make reach your own conclusions. You will find the name is very misleading and probably be surprised at how antagonistic toward individual liberties they actually are.

I presonally agree with many people on this post that they are evil.

csaribay

amejr999 said:
I have major issues with this.

bgraham34 said:
If they do the fingerprint scan I will have to join a lawsuit in this. Either that or i wont be going to Disney.

This is because _____________.

There's no logical reasoning behind having any issues with a non-reversible bioscan. No personal liberties are violated, and the data that is made available by the mathematical chunks is virtually useless for anything other than authorization of valid ticket media.

A class action lawsuit would be frivolous. No one is forcing you to go to WDW- you do this by your own choosing. In order to gain admission, you need to prove your identity: the bioscans is just one of way of accomplishing this. Certain sections of the government (and surely private industry) require bioscans to enter normal office buildings. No one is forcing these people to work for these organizations, likewise, no one is forcing you to go to WDW. If you want to do either however, you just have to do the scans: that's a fact of life.

Besides- it's a fairly well known fact that you can easily evade the current bioscans (and likely, the new ones as well) by simply presenting two forms of government issued ID. This is accepted in lieu of any scans, for any reason.

GothMickey

Anyone here who says they are going to join some bogus lawsuit is blowing smoke.. Any lawsout wouldn't stand in court.. get real... Disney is private property.. If you do not want to follow their rules to gain admission then they have the right to kick your butt to the curb and tell you HAVE A NICE DAY... I agree with others, the ACLU is evil... Actually, I am starting a lawsuit against the airline industry.. After all, having to go through a metal dectector, take off my shoes, having my bags inspected and xrayed, and having to prove I am the person who purchased the tickets for the right to use their place is a violation of my civil liberties.. After all, I should be allowed to go to the airport, give a fake name, smuggle anything I want onto the plane, and steal someone else's tickets.. Why not??

Sledge

Account Suspended
bgraham34 said:
If they do the fingerprint scan I will have to join a lawsuit in this. Either that or i wont be going to Disney.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. I want to be able to laugh at you for depriveing yourself of Disney just because you are stubborn. No one really cares if you go or not. One less person to wait in the lines. :kiss:

maelstrom

They should just get rid of all this finger scanning nonsense. The lines to get in are long enough as is with agricultural inspection.. er.. bag check. This scanning just adds to the long lines and guest frustration.

wannab@dis

maelstrom said:
They should just get rid of all this finger scanning nonsense. The lines to get in are long enough as is with agricultural inspection.. er.. bag check. This scanning just adds to the long lines and guest frustration.
They could do that... they could also raise ticket prices to offset sharing and selling of ticket media. Pick your poison. ;)

peter11435

maelstrom said:
I have visited WDW hundreds of times and have entered the parks on the busiest of days including NYE and have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes to enter the park. I have seen the Epcot lines backed up past the ticket booths and yet it still took less than 10 minutes to enter the park. Most times it only takes 1-2 minutes. The scanners do not cause nearly the problems some people like to say.

dxwwf3

maelstrom said:

Wouldn't a quick finger scan be quicker than the biometric readers (even though they usually don't pose that many problems)?

maelstrom

wannab@dis said:
They could do that... they could also raise ticket prices to offset sharing and selling of ticket media. Pick your poison. ;)

They're going to raise ticket prices anyway, sharing or no sharing.

I guess I'd rather pay an extra $10 for my ticket than wait on the finger scanning line. To each their own.

I've been behind some people who just do not understand the system, a lot of times they happen to be from another country and don't seem to speak English well, so I can't blame them for that. But I've been stuck behind people (directly behind, overhearing the conversation) for 2-3 minutes while the CM tries to explain it to them. Eventually they just let them in because they don't understand and it doesn't look like they're going to.

wannab@dis

maelstrom said:
They're going to raise ticket prices anyway, sharing or no sharing.

I guess I'd rather pay an extra $10 for my ticket than wait on the finger scanning line. To each their own.
$10 vs. a couple of minutes in line at park entry? That makes no sense...

s25843

Like another poster said, when the bio's were just for the APs, everything worked fine and dandy.

Also, if you think about it, if you have ever travelled with your family, Disney already has on file, the Names, Ages, Addresses, Phone Numbers, and whatnot for you, which in turn can be linked to your entire family who has ever stepped foot into WDW with you.

They can probally find out more information with the information they already have on file, then they could do with a fingerprint image (besides, if your fingerprints aren't in any goverment database to begin with, then they can't find out much with just your scan anyways)

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
$10 vs. a couple of minutes in line at park entry? That makes no sense...

I agree with you AGAIN on this one. Yes to each their own, but have you ever really had to wait that long to get in? As peter said, I've also been on some of the bussiest days of the year and it's NEVER been that big of a deal and certainly not worth 10 bucks to me.

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
Wouldn't a quick finger scan be quicker than the biometric readers (even though they usually don't pose that many problems)?
The biometric scanners that we use take milliseconds to capture and send the numerical template for comparison. The comparison only takes a few milliseconds. There's also little or no issue with placement problems they currently have with the scans. The only problem may be the goofs that can't remember which finger they used. :lol:

(edit: they will probably be using specialized commercial scanners that are better than the $100 scanners we have... :D )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom