MK Pictorial 2/26 - Ferry, Monorail, Orbiter, 20k before/after, poo + more!

TimeTrip

Original Poster
I know some of this stuff in the update is known about. I wrote this to be viewed by people who aren't on the bleeding edge of news :). In addition there are alot of photos, so just click on each comment for a picture!

The Happy portion of the parking lot has a nice dark asphalt look to it now.

Well, this is juts your friendly reminder to buy tickets before hopping on the monorail or ferry.

Automated vending machines are available for use!

Well well, isn't this a fine looking structure. Yeah right.

Well well, isn't this a fine looking machine. Ahem.

Look at this crowd for the ferry.. at 2:30pm. You want to know why don't you?

You'd think it was park opening with this kind of line.

Now look, the monorail from Epcot just pulled in.

Oh yeah, these lines are gonna get longer!

So here's the deal, only one side of the MK station is available for the express beam.

So in the morning, they only allow people to ride it in.

By the time I got there, they shifted it so that you can only ride the express monorail out.

Look, you can walk along the entire gate system. Didn't there used to be dividers?

In case you didn't see, the one side available is the outgoing platform. So in the morning they use these extra fences and ropes to make sure incoming guests get routed to the security checkpoint.

The terrace has lots of walls now.

More walls. Oooo.

More wals and no chairs.

Chairs gone.

The portion by the water is devoid of chairs as well. It was roped off so it would seem you can't watch Wishes from there anymore.

The Astro refurb is mostly done. Note.. there is only one planet.

Looks kind of boring in this shot.

Yee haw! People are riding.

No, the sole planet installed at the moment is not currently rotating.

Merchant of venus is down for rehab. Possibly because of Stitch changes?

A Merchant of Venus stroller parking area I hadn't noticed before.

Before/After 20k number one. Looking from the Tomorrowland walkway.

Before/After 20k number two. From right by the Mrs. Potts ice cream. By the way, I had to wait for 30 minutes before I could snag a shot without so many people. The place was crowded today!

Before/After 20k number three. From the Dumbo exit.

Before/After 20k number four. Looking over the planter near Dumbo.

Lots of open area across from Pooh now.

Looking towards Toontown Fair.

I wonder if this will eventually be the waiting area for a new attraction.

The tents of Toontown Fair are better hidden now than during the construction of this hill.

Looks like they're going to soup up the outside of IASW in addition to the inside. Maybe.

The Fastpass signs of HM are covered. Rumor is that the fastpass is to be permanently removed.

This trip took on a poo feel. Here is shot #1.

the poo fest continues. Check out these lamps.

One lamp is poo free, but the other isn't. Yay.

This is just a travesty. Come on Disney.. clean this up!!

Some rugs hanging out at Pecos Bill.

Some more rugs. Woo!

The castle is finally staring to have the majority of its spires changed.

Another shot of the castle.

I wonder what these beams are for on the front of the castle?

Hmm, you can't walk from Cosmic Ray's to behind the castle anymore. This wall is one of the shortest you will find.

So what's behind this wonderful wall? Ah yes.. the crane...

Some of the walls around the hub are down. Look mom.. No curbs!

With some of the hub back, you can get good shots of the castle over the hub once again.

Figment1986

Finally.. after 5 min.. I gone through all the photos...

Great shots... (Sooo many... soo many....)

Austro is in testing.. perhaps they are testing to make sure it works before putting in the planets... then find out it broke and have to move the planets??

Again.. Great Photos...

MsSpinShady

Great photos...thanks!!! I especially enjoyed the 20k before and after shots.

Ah, so those hideous automatic ticket machines are at the TTC and not in front of the MK. I feel stupid and relieved at the same time. :hammer:

MsSpinShady :cool:

TimeTrip

Original Poster
MsSpinShady said:
Great photos...thanks!!! I especially enjoyed the 20k before and after shots.

Ah, so those hideous automatic ticket machines are at the TTC and not in front of the MK. I feel stupid and relieved at the same time. :hammer:

MsSpinShady :cool:
Thanks for the kind response :). One thing I didn't notice until i put the before/after pictures together was that they changed the tree theme with the refurb. the old 20k was more tropical.. now it's more regular "woodsy" trees.

I still can't believe they have those automated vending machines in that very un-Disney setup...

MissM

Great update! I love the before/after 20k area photos and can't believe how quickly the Castle seems to be moving along! Wow.

By the time I get out there again, it'll be quite a bit different! ;) Amazing how much has changed so far this year. (I was last there NYE.)
-m

Goofette

Thanks for the pics! I was wondering, can you tell in the crane shot what the gold thing is down below it? It almost looks like a statue but I couldn't tell.

Wow the 20K area really has changed. It is a lot woodsier feel. I thought the tropical looked so good :(

Is the FP just rumored to be going away for HM or for all of them?

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Goofette said:
Thanks for the pics! I was wondering, can you tell in the crane shot what the gold thing is down below it? It almost looks like a statue but I couldn't tell.

Wow the 20K area really has changed. It is a lot woodsier feel. I thought the tropical looked so good :(

Is the FP just rumored to be going away for HM or for all of them?

Yeah, i didn't notice it until I looked at the picture on my computer. The comment on the HM was misleading. The rumor is that the HM fastpass only is going away. I guess the companion rumor to that is that Speedway is getting a fastpass.

imagineerfan

If you look at the picture with the crane, you can see what looks to be the white rabbit statue on the bottom right. Thanks for the awesome pics! My favorite are the before and after shots. :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
Great pics and narrative! Thanks!

I don't think the Ticket ATMs look that bad. Sure, they're not as magical as they could be, but how much can you really do to an ATM? :lol: If they do what they're supposed to do, by moving people faster, then I think we can compromise.

I must have missed something. What's the plan with Terrace? Is it being refurbished, demolished, what?

Goofette

imagineerfan said:
Goofette said:

My guess is the white rabbit

Aaah that's what it looks like. I couldn't tell that was ears, I wasn't looking at it very well. Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom