MK/Epcot News & Photos: Stitch, CoP Glitch, Fig construction, SURPRISES!, & firetruck

dandaman

General Grizz said:
I can report that narration is STILL missing on the exit ramp, and that the lights to the unload are squares (not Mickey shapes, as I believe they were about a year ago). . .
I know... Another Hidden Mickey gone... :cry:
P.S. Look for the Winnie-The-Pooh shadow behind a rock im the second scene of SM!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don`t think the WDW CoP show building was designed with Progress City in mind was it? Plus once upstairs, assuming there was one in our smaller building, where`s to go but onto the TTA? Hmmm... there`s an idea! :lol:

dreamitdoit

You made my heart jump when I saw Dreamfinder and Figment. I only wish it was true. I am lucky to have Dreamfinder on camera talking to me...back in the good old 80's. Thanks for the great updates!

Can someone inform me on WHY the SeaCabs from The Living Seas are no more?? I dont even remember the last time I was on them...seemed that they werent there long at all...one year they were the next gone not even a trace of them left.. what happaend!? :lookaroun :eek:

mm52200

Gosh I wonder why they chose to have a meet and greet with Woody and friends when you can go over and see them in MGM at Al's? Maybe retheme the show to what they had originally planned to do, something along the lines of Cinderella's Suprise Celebration. But maybe they could have an actual plot. Though the stage is very small don't you if they were to have a show like that.

MM522

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
rogerrabbitfan9 - I meant that to have an earlier version of the CoP, the Progress City model would actually be upstairs in the Carousel building. Hence not much chance of that happening with WDW`s building not being designed for it.

HM999thGhost - most likely money. Do a thread search - lots of recent posts about it. And well done on your 2 day drive to WDW!

TTATraveler

Thanks Grizz for the detailed and interesting update. I find the whole Woody Meet and Greet embarrasing at best. I am glad that I don't represent the WDW company. Here is this nice saloon style building with an ornate stage, hardwood floors, fancy balconies, and rope queues set up for a character meet and greet. :( :veryconfu Why bother even using the building??? :mad: I feel sorry for all of the people visiting WDW for the first time and not having any idea of what the Diamond Horeshoe is and what this building was once used for.

Djali999

I found the Woody Meet n' Greet a few days ago, and was utterly outraged. Then I became depressed and had to walk out. The concept that such an integral and vital part of Disney history, with ties to most major talents behind the formation of Disneyland, is essentially dead depresses me beyond belief.

Hopefully somebody will come to their senses. I doubt it, tho.

How about good news re: a Meet n' Greet area? Anybody taken a gander at the Stoller Parking / Snow White area at the Skyway station? the layout leads me to believe that you may go into the old building to meet her, which would be fantastic. the area is also very pretty and tastefully designed.

TURKEY

TTATraveler said:
Thanks Grizz for the detailed and interesting update. I find the whole Woody Meet and Greet embarrasing at best. I am glad that I don't represent the WDW company. Here is this nice saloon style building with an ornate stage, hardwood floors, fancy balconies, and rope queues set up for a character meet and greet. :( :veryconfu Why bother even using the building??? :mad: I feel sorry for all of the people visiting WDW for the first time and not having any idea of what the Diamond Horeshoe is and what this building was once used for.
In two previous trips, they were outside meeting instead of inside. I guess they might have been inside today during the rain.

nickcarraway

When I first saw Grizz's Dreamfinder picture, I thought it was a cardboard cut-out some kooky fan had brought to Epcot, a silent protest of sorts. That would be a really interesting albeit insane thing to do. Do you think a custodian or security guard would throw it away if it was just standing there? Would tourists take their picture with the cut-out? Hmmmm... Does anyone know how you print a cardboard cut-out? I gotta stop by Kinko's.

dzne4eva

I stumbled on that Imagination meet and greet in early September and my family was thrilled. We found Mickey, Goofy,Pluto, Donald & Daisy, Pooh, Eeoyre, Rabbit, Kenai, Koda, Terk, Robin Hood & Friar Tuck (who I haven't seen since the 80s), and a penguin almost alone. That's right, MM stood about 5 minutes by himself! Except for some unDisney-like pushing and swearing between two moms it was lovely. Thanks for the update Grizz.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Photos have exceeded bandwith. . . I will upload them in the coming days if they do not automatically reload. I will post a notification when they are back up and running. :)

CaptainMichael

General Grizz said:
Photos have exceeded bandwith. . . I will upload them in the coming days if they do not automatically reload. I will post a notification when they are back up and running. :)

I do believe that you meant autoMAGICally. :D (Reference to signs above Philharmagic doors) :hammer:

aimster

Grizz, they've been doing character meet & greets ont he side/behind Imagination since at least this past August. That's where I got my pic with Tigger when I went there for my birthday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom