MK Entertainment Rumors

OFTeric

Hmm, Im not sure how I feel about that. Part of me really likes the parade and would love to see it come to MK but the other side of me kinda doesn't want to be DL dumping grounds.

I understand where you are coming from. I find it odd at times that the worlds number 1 tourist destination gets 2nd hand entertainment.

One would think that WDW would develop the entertainment, then it could cascade down to the other properties.

Alas top heavy WDW can only muster the will power to buy used parades.

drew81

I understand where you are coming from. I find it odd at times that the worlds number 1 tourist destination gets 2nd hand entertainment.

One would think that WDW would develop the entertainment, then it could cascade down to the other properties.

Alas top heavy WDW can only muster the will power to buy used parades.

One of the excuses WDW Mngt uses on that is most guests don't come to WDW that often. So they think they can keep the same entertainment. Disneyland on the otherhand has loads of locals that come so that may be the reason they change out things more often.

summergrlshs

MK will probably not be getting Parade of Dreams until they can build someplace new to store the floats since the current building isn't large enough. I have heard that the new DDCT will be starting rehearsals in Jan.

jrh1985

MK will probably not be getting Parade of Dreams until they can build someplace new to store the floats since the current building isn't large enough. I have heard that the new DDCT will be starting rehearsals in Jan.
Will the parade be DDCT 2.0 or a new name? and when woud it open

disnyfan89

Original Poster
It's odd that they mentioned the new Stitch show in the press release as from what I heard that was the one that wasn't as ready.

etwtec

I am hopeing the updated parade and this Street Party will be ready by the second weekend in January. Not sure though :confused:

disnyfan89

Original Poster
It's rumored that the updated parade will be retraining in Jan. As for the street party, I have heard a Jan debut but not sure if it will be early Jan or later in the month.

drew81

The new parade will be called- Celebrate Dreams Come True.

The street party will feature floats with lifts in them and the characters will come out of them.

jrh1985

The new parade will be called- Celebrate Dreams Come True.

The street party will feature floats with lifts in them and the characters will come out of them.
Am I correct in thinking DDCT will be called Celebate Dreams Come True?
How fast can a parade open to the public once it starts retraining?

Captain Hank

Am I correct in thinking DDCT will be called Celebate Dreams Come True?
If I'm not mistaken, the Share a Dream Come True version of the MK parade was running while training was taking place for the Disney Dreams Come True version. One by one, the floats were taken out and modified and then put back into the parade. Once all of the floats had been modified, then the parade simply switched overnight into DDCT. I'd assume something similar happens this time.

jrh1985

If I'm not mistaken, the Share a Dream Come True version of the MK parade was running while training was taking place for the Disney Dreams Come True version. One by one, the floats were taken out and modified and then put back into the parade. Once all of the floats had been modified, then the parade simply switched overnight into DDCT. I'd assume something similar happens this time.

Thanks for that post! I forgot all about the floats being updated for Celebrate Dreams Come True. (CDCT) I was just thinking about the performers learning their new moves.

If I remember correctly, the first word and pics of SADCT turning into DDCT came right after July 4th 2006. DDCT opened on August 10th 2006. So, it took bearly over a month to go from SADCT to DDCT.

kcw

I was just thinking about the performers learning their new moves.

Performers have rehearsals overnight so they can perform DDCT during the day, but be learning CDCT at night- so they can switch into the new parade right away. If there's a gap, it will be because of renovation of the floats.

and Celebrate Dreams Come True??? :hurl: (Drew is that a working name or is it for real??) That's a terrible name for it- it doesn't even make sense grammatically!?!? If anything it should be Celebrate Dreams Coming True but that's lame too..... dear heavens :brick:

Alright well I'm planning on seeing the music change slightly, the costumes change slightly, the characters on the floats placed in clear plastic present boxes, and the castle float keeps chugging.... :rolleyes: (along with the princess float that needs to be retired)

etwtec

Actually just saw on disneyparks.com that the street party will not be until Spring 2009. My guess would be that the DDCT makeover would happen right away in January, otherwise the themeing would be off for the start of the new celebration.
Yay two other soundtracks to look forward to finding. :rolleyes:

drew81

Performers have rehearsals overnight so they can perform DDCT during the day, but be learning CDCT at night- so they can switch into the new parade right away. If there's a gap, it will be because of renovation of the floats.

and Celebrate Dreams Come True??? :hurl: (Drew is that a working name or is it for real??) That's a terrible name for it- it doesn't even make sense grammatically!?!? If anything it should be Celebrate Dreams Coming True but that's lame too..... dear heavens :brick:

Alright well I'm planning on seeing the music change slightly, the costumes change slightly, the characters on the floats placed in clear plastic present boxes, and the castle float keeps chugging.... :rolleyes: (along with the princess float that needs to be retired)

That's the name that I heard. I bet they will stick with it. I also heard that 2 of the floats will get redone. Also look for the DDCT street dancers to get a new look for the parade.

Disneyson 1

Wow, I commend Disney for rehashing the parade for them to fit the theme. I mean, CELEBRATE Dreams Come True? Good marketing! Plus, all they have to do is bring back Cinderella's Surprise CELEBRATION or CinderelLEBRATION and they're all set! You should be glad that you're even getting a new street CELEBRATION! (Looks like Disney has a new buzzword!)

Sorry, my sarcasm was getting the best of me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom