MK Entertainment Rumors

Space Mountain

Agreed. Certainly none of it sounds out of the question. Though, I do wonder whether "Stitch's Techno Dance Party" would have a longer shelf life than "Let's Have a Ball."

True..But they have made a temporary stage in tomorrowland many times, especially during hard ticket events like PPP. Usually it was proven to be successful. Maybe they will build something small dedicated to that dance party in that area.

drew81

I think the Stitch DJ show could draw crowds, but it would have to be written well and maybe with a few other characters. Maybe have some of the other characters that Tokyo has from the Stitch series.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Any ending date or changes coming to DAWM and DDCT Pre Parade?
As far as I can tell DAWM will not be going anytime soon. There is a rumor that Chip and Dale along with Pluto may be joining the cast.

The as for the parade make over, I have no idea when it is planned to happen as it was still in planning.

jrh1985

As far as I can tell DAWM will not be going anytime soon. There is a rumor that Chip and Dale along with Pluto may be joining the cast.

The as for the parade make over, I have no idea when it is planned to happen as it was still in planning.
Thanks for the info about Dream Along and DDCT. I'm also wondering about the Grand Marshall Parade

Lucky

What's your celebration?

A marketing campaign based on a question only works if it's slamming the competition (remember "where's the beef?"). A positive campaign needs to be based on a positive statement (like "happiest celebration on earth").

This idea is about as good as re-naming DDE "Tables in Wonderland."

Lucky

Here's what touringplans.com posted yesterday on The Next Big Theme:

Rumor roundup - The coming week for WDW parks
Among the gossip floating in to our mailbox over the weekend:

The next Disney marketing campaign theme will be something like "Celebrate Today" with the idea that families can celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc. at a Disney theme park. New merchandise and food tie-ins will be created specifically for the campaign.

There's going to be a new parade or "street party" debuting at the Magic Kingdom, similar to the Studios' Block Party Bash. This new event should be staged several times per day.

A new Castle forecourt stage performance will replace the current "Dreams Come True" show.

These marketing campaigns never seize to amaze me. I’m actually excited for these changes. I visit WDW at least once a year and it seems like the entertainment never changes. I’ve been watching the Share a Dream Come True parade since 2001. I was very excited to see it updated for the Year of a Million Dreams. I was also happy to see Dream Along With Mickey replace Cinderellabration. The only thing I like about these marketing campaigns is that the entertainment gets a fresh coat of paint. Here are my theories of what we’ll see in 2009:

The Dreams Come True Parade
- It will probably be updated with a new soundtrack (something else for me to look for), and a few new decorations added to the floats. It will be called something lame like the “Disney’s Magical Celebrations Parade” where you can watch your favorite Disney characters live out their celebrations. Mickey will have new audio where he celebrates something, Pinocchio will celebrate being a real boy, Aladdin will celebrate something, the wicked Queen will celebrate her power, Peter Pan will celebrate something, and the princesses will celebrate their dreams coming true. I’m sure Mickey and Co. will also receive new outfits with a new color scheme.

The New Castle Stage Show
- I love Dream Along with Mickey. I think it’s a great show and it includes Disney’s most popular franchises. The new show, if we do get a new show, will probably be called “Mickey’s Magical Celebration”. In the vein of Dream Along and Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration, Mickey and friends are having a get together to celebrate something magical, a few princesses come, maybe Hannah Montana makes an appearance (jk), and then a Villain shows up to ruin the celebration. However, Mickey with the help of the audience proves that celebrations are indeed truly magical and the villain is defeated. Everyone sings about it and the show ends.

These are just my theories. They are NOT rumors, and they are not fact. They are my theories based on what I have read in this thread, so please don’t flame me.

WDWKat26

Actually, the parade rumor is that MK is getting Parade of Dreams. So have no fear of a cheesy parade with new outfits and some cheesy title.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Actually, the parade rumor is that MK is getting Parade of Dreams. So have no fear of a cheesy parade with new outfits and some cheesy title.
Yes, but it is also rumored that Disneyland will not be parting with PoD until their 55th anniversary. The original PoD rumor also stated we would be getting the parade in January of 09. Clearly, that is not happening.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
^^^ ya, from what I've heard, PoD------> WDW has definitely been postponed (and possibly canceled)

Hmm, Im not sure how I feel about that. Part of me really likes the parade and would love to see it come to MK but the other side of me kinda doesn't want to be DL dumping grounds.

So I guess those Stitch leaving Tomorrowland rumors may have been a little premature.

Not necessarily "premature." More like, just not knowing the whole possible picture.

DisneyDellsDude

The parade rumor seems true, because that would hold off an entirely new parade until MK's 40th (in which we would get DL's or DLP's parade according to rumors).

The update to the Family Fun Day parade seems nice. It will liven up Main Street.
Only thing I don't think I would watch is Stitch's Party in Tomorrowland.

almandot

Hmm, Im not sure how I feel about that. Part of me really likes the parade and would love to see it come to MK but the other side of me kinda doesn't want to be DL dumping grounds.

Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland, CA would like to apologize and wish you a sorrowed "Too Late."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom