MK 2/18 - TTA Evac (my first!) Pics + few HM updates

MagliteL13

Wow, talk about a sourpuss!

BuzzComplexCM said:
A newbie?
Yes, you are--a whopping, what, 14 somethin posts? Please try to get to know the people, the intent of the thread, and the tone of the board before you start bashing 'regulars.' Oh, and since no one's said it, welcome.
BuzzComplexCM said:
Have you ever worked for Disney and had thousands of people crap on you all day long because you were just doing your job?
Yes, I have and continue to do. There are many people on this board (and in this thread) that have/do.
BuzzComplexCM said:
If not, then I would suggest steppin off of it. No matter what kind of heat you get at your job, none of it compares to that that a CM gets day in and day out at Disney.

Ask any CM and they will tell you...any different and they are lieing.
Okay, as a CM--you're lying. I enjoy my job immensly. Even before the current position I have, I enjoyed my role. If you thought attractions was bad, try bussing at a QSR location, dealing with a wheelchair section for day parade, sorting garbage while dumping it down the AVAC machine, and dealing with CMs like yourself. Sounds like you've got some major learning to do. The job isn't bad--the CM makes it that way. By far, the good out weigh the bad. If it didn't, I wouldn't be working for next to nothing 2200 miles from where I call home.

wdwishes2005

MagliteL13 said:
Okay, as a CM--you're lying. I enjoy my job immensly. Even before the current position I have, I enjoyed my role. If you thought attractions was bad, try bussing at a QSR location, dealing with a wheelchair section for day parade, sorting garbage while dumping it down the AVAC machine, and dealing with CMs like yourself. Sounds like you've got some major learning to do. The job isn't bad--the CM makes it that way. By far, the good out weigh the bad. If it didn't, I wouldn't be working for next to nothing 2200 miles from where I call home.

Nice post. I would LOVE to move to FL and work for WDW. Heck, lets trade jobs BuzzComplexCM if you hate yours so much.....

Uponastar

MagliteL13 said:
Oh it was a 'long walk.' First they make you all stand up, exit you out a secret exit panel that revolves in the wall, climb up a staircase, across some catwalks, down a secret elevator that drops faster than gravity, take a monorail in a circle and then you mysteriously appear between the Sunshine Tree Terrace and the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. :lol:

Wow!
I'd rather do the EVAC than the show! :lol:

Laura

BuzzComplexCM said:
A newbie? Have you ever worked for Disney and had thousands of people crap on you all day long because you were just doing your job?

If not, then I would suggest steppin off of it. No matter what kind of heat you get at your job, none of it compares to that that a CM gets day in and day out at Disney.

Ask any CM and they will tell you...any different and they are lieing.

Ummm have you ever been a mother? That is the most unappreciated job that exists in this world. 'nuff said.

And have a magical day. :wave:

stankly182 said:
I have never been evacuated from a ride, but Spaceship Earth has stopped/delayed the last 3 times I have been to WDW. Last May, we were stuck on the decend part after you reach the top for about 20 minutes.

I'd love to get stuck on SSE for twenty minutes, so I'm jealous. I would prefer to be stuck at the top, though.

MissM

Original Poster
CommunicoreBabe said:
I'd love to get stuck on SSE for twenty minutes, so I'm jealous. I would prefer to be stuck at the top, though.
Eh, it's not that fun. Especially if you get stuck backwards on the decent. Oy! :lol: Then it's just uncomfortable and the flashing lights start getting too much to look at!

I can't count how many rides I've been stopped on for a period of time. But I've managed to avoid evac until now! :D
-m

TiggersPooh

leave Mike alone...he was a great CM

he was great to work with and nice to the guests

we all dealt with the horrid guests that swear at you...push you and several called me a "f*g" its just how you react to it...just know that for every horrible experience there are plently of great guest experiences. I cant wait to get back to Disney and work again.

Ive been stuck on IASW for an hour right at the end and the boats behind me bumped into us. They didnt turn off the music either that song will be forever ingraved into my mind ughhh :brick: I have also been evaced from test track on the high speed test. We were stuck on banks for like 15 min b4 a CM came and got us man o man that was crazy. ALso tons of FUN !!!:sohappy:

stankly182

CommunicoreBabe said:

You know it was kind of cool. We could still see the whole, "city of lights" display and all of the lights flowing down on the ceiling. It wasn't a big deal for us, but the people behind us complained the whole time about how they pay all this money to get stuck on a ride for so long. I think they didn't stop complaining the whole time we were stuck up there. They should have been happy, it was a nice 20 minute air conditioned break from outside in my opinion.

Enderikari

TiggersPooh said:
leave Mike alone...he was a great CM

he was great to work with and nice to the guests

we all dealt with the horrid guests that swear at you...push you and several called me a "f*g" its just how you react to it...just know that for every horrible experience there are plently of great guest experiences. I cant wait to get back to Disney and work again.

May have been a great cast member, but he was far out of line criticizing MissM for her mainly positive post.

tigger248

Enderikari said:
May have been a great cast member, but he was far out of line criticizing MissM for her mainly positive post.

I third that.

And, add me to the list of those that loved working for the mouse. My cp was 4 years ago and to this day I claim it as the best time of my life. I wish I could go back (to the point that I half way feel like putting off graduation 1 more semester so I can do a second program). Sure there were evil guests, but the good far outweighed the bad.

I currently work for guest relations at Six Flags and love my job there too. I get called lots of names and encounter even more evil guests than I did at Disney, but again, the good far outweigh the bad. It makes my day if I can put a smile on one person's face. That is why I do what I do.

MissM, I'm glad they exceeded your expectations by giving you the ticket to compensate for your lost time. You were disappointed and they reacted positively to compensate for your disappointment. That is exactly why I love Disney.

minnie2000

I wouldn't choose to be evacuated from a ride! But - it wouldn't bother me that much. The only thing that would worry me, what about children that are evacuated? Doesn't it spoil the magic to see things backstage? And what if they saw a character without full costume?

I once emailed the BBC because they did a piece about Disneyworld (this was at breakfast time, when my children were in the room) and someone said something about 'a man dressed up in a Mickey Mouse costume'. I was amazed that they would say that - luckily my children weren't listening.

disney9752

characters out of costume

i agree an evacuation can spoil the magic for childern, however on a good note, i believe wdw does try to keep partially costumed characters limited to a small area, notably near the zoo & backstage at beginning & end of parade routes, & under the castle during a show. however, im sure during an evacuation some steps are taken if say a fantasyland attraction goes 101, that kids are not exposed to the zoo or characters coming off the castle stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom