MJ's Family of Friends

Uponastar

Here's Rhode Island!

rhode-island.gif

Nemo14

Original Poster
Pongo said:
How long does it take to drive from one end to the other?
Well, since we have a bay that basically divides the state in half, it can take 45 -50 minutes to get from one end to the other, depending on your definition of "ends". We kid about RI'ers, though, because they always think that it's such a long drive to nearby places. We think nothing of driving to Maine for the day (I can cross the Maine border in 3 hours from here), but most RI'ers would pack a lunch just to go to Massachusetts!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
Here's Rhode Island!

rhode-island.gif
Just to give you some perspective here, I grew up in Western RI, about 1/2 mile from the CT border (on that map, just West of the P in Providence). It takes us about 25 minutes to drive there from Warwick, using the back roads.

joanna71985

Good morning all. I am probably going to go to Walgreens in a bit. Have to pick up some stuff. I am currently panicking right now, because I am not sure if I clocked in yesterday, or pressed "clock out" by mistake. I really hope I clocked in.

Pongo

Nemo14 said:
Just to give you some perspective here, I grew up in Western RI, about 1/2 mile from the CT border (on that map, just West of the P in Providence). It takes us about 25 minutes to drive there from Warwick, using the back roads.

Wow, you really are a tiny place.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:

25 minutes!
Wow!
I often comment how nice it is to live in a major city, but still have relatively close access to other states. It doesn't take too long to get to NY, MD, DE and of course NJ is just minutes away. You've got all of New England within reach!

MommytoMJM

joanna71985 said:
Good morning all. I am probably going to go to Walgreens in a bit. Have to pick up some stuff. I am currently panicking right now, because I am not sure if I clocked in yesterday, or pressed "clock out" by mistake. I really hope I clocked in.

Can you call your boss and check?

Uponastar

joanna71985 said:

Hi Joanna!
Don't panic! Mistakes can be fixed.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
25 minutes!
Wow!
I often comment how nice it is to live in a major city, but still have relatively close access to other states. It doesn't take too long to get to NY, MD, DE and of course NJ is just minutes away. You've got all of New England within reach!
and WDW 22 hours away....

Nemo14

Original Poster
joanna71985 said:
There must be a way to check on that..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom