MJ-Palooza!

tigsmom

MommytoMJM said:
I'm not sure if they'd mind or not, but I can't nap unless MJ does :cry:

Hi Michael and Mad! :waves:

:wave:

I remember days where I could not even stand and I would pray for the kids to take a nap. :lol: Both of mine stopped at 18 months.

DisneyBunny

tigsmom said:
I know! The line is always so long and everyone is in such a hurry! :lol:

Well, it took me forever to try one too... But if you've been making them at home, maybe ignorence is bliss, and you're more likely to stay happy by making your own. Maybe the real Dole Whips are better/worse than your own? :veryconfu

Anyways, I'm assuming the Dole Whip recipe is somewhere on the Recipe??? thread?

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
:wave:

I remember days where I could not even stand and I would pray for the kids to take a nap. :lol: Both of mine stopped at 18 months.

MJ too, she stopped right after her g-tube surgery at 15 months. She got Dumping Syndrome though and they put her on Phenergan, so she still napped until we moved here and she outgrew the dumping, now it's no naps, sigh.....

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
Hi Dot!

So I was going to ask yesterday but I forgot, what's the story with your mom?

Gosh, Bonny . . . such a long story.
The short version is that since I was very small she has had a history of mental and emotional problems. Since she broke her hip and wound up in the nursing home (4 years now) she has come out of herself a bit and has been somewhat easier to deal with. Until recently. About 5 weeks ago she came down with a virus. She's recovered from that but she has regressed back into herself. And I'm not doing well with it. I'm tired. It's been too many years of the same thing . . . and I'm tired. But I'm trying because I have to. It's hard to go there and deal with it, but I do, because I have to.
She had a psychiatric consult and they changed her meds. They said it will take a few weeks to see any real change, but she was a smidge better today. I'm afraid to be too hopeful, but I am a little hopeful.

Thanks so much for asking, Bonny.
Someday, when we're together, I'd love to tell you the whole story.
Somehow I know you'll be a good listener. And I know it will be good for me to tell it all.
I come with too much baggage, I know.
Thanks for taking me on.
I love you. . .
And everyone else here.
How did I live without you all?

maggiegrace1

I think we all come with too much baggage....
And we all need each other to help take our minds off our crazy lives...
so we come here...I love it..and all of you too..:)

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
The short version is that since I was very small she has had a history of mental and emotional problems. Since she broke her hip and wound up in the nursing home (4 years now) she has come out of herself a bit and has been somewhat easier to deal with. Until recently. About 5 weeks ago she came down with a virus. She's recovered from that but she has regressed back into herself. And I'm not doing well with it. I'm tired. It's been too many years of the same thing . . . and I'm tired. But I'm trying because I have to. It's hard to go there and deal with it, but I do, because I have to.
She had a psychiatric consult and they changed her meds. They said it will take a few weeks to see any real change, but she was a smidge better today. I'm afraid to be too hopeful, but I am a little hopeful.

Somehow I know you'll be a good listener. And I know it will be good for me to tell it all.
Thanks for taking me on.
I love you. . .
And everyone else here.

I know how tiring that can be. I really do.. I've had to do it for so many people in my life, and it can be so draining. You just keep going because you have to.

Hey, we all have baggage here. Luckily the web is big enough to hold all of it. I won't even list my issues, but it's comforting to know that there are people who care. And I care. :animwink:

We love you! :kiss:

Uponastar

maggiegrace1 said:
I think we all come with too much baggage....
And we all need each other to help take our minds off our crazy lives...
so we come here...I love it..and all of you too..:)

So right. . .
We sort of escape here.
But I'm learning it helps to share. If someone asks . . . I tell now. I didn't used to be so open. But it really does help.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Uponastar said:

Thanks for taking me on.
I love you. . .
And everyone else here.

Awww, hugs to you honey! I will be so happy to listen! I can't wait to meet you! I wish you could just come down and stay with me and play with me and MJ, I know we'd hve fun even if we didn't go into a single park!

As far as baggage, you don't come with anymore than I do, you wouldn't believe my whole story if I told it to you, it's like a soap opera. So there is nothing you could say or do that would make me stop loving you!

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
Awww, hugs to you honey! I will be so happy to listen! I can't wait to meet you! I wish you could just come down and stay with me and play with me and MJ, I know we'd hve fun even if we didn't go into a single park!

As far as baggage, you don't come with anymore than I do, you wouldn't believe my whole story if I told it to you, it's like a soap opera. So there is nothing you could say or do that would make me stop loving you!

Thanks, Bonny!
Someday . . . I will get there.

I know you love me no matter what.
Same here.

tigsmom

MommytoMJM said:
hey if you pinch your skin and the indentation stays in you, then you are dehydrated right?

Most definately! The skin should snap right back. Remember if you feel thirsty, you already are dehydrated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom